UnevenEdge

Crunchyroll originals reach a new low with Ex-Arm

Jman

honestly I don't see anything that bad with it.

the song doesn't fit, but changing the music is something they can do relatively easy. The animation doesn't look that great I guess, but as long as they're able to tell a compelling or entertaining story they could still have a good show...

i have zero intention of watching it, considering i don't support (or ever plan on) supporting Crunchyroll in any capacity. also I'm not really interested in their shit anyway.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:53 AM, Jman said:

I really want to know what the hell CR is thinking

Money Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Cheap product. Fast and sloppy. Only thing that matters is bottom line. Would not be surprised to learnr underpaid animators intentionally sabotaged this project but CR just does not care.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jman said:

It’s real and it’s coming next month.

That thumbnail sure is something else. A hand-drawn character not ONLY standing NEXT to a CGI character, but TOUCHING his outlines, as if the stark contrast wasn't evident enough!

Also, .... wait, this show has hand-drawn characters!!? I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY CGI!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised they brought back the classic "broke the scale" ratings for this one, just like Zac used to do; I figured they retired those when the stars (and corresponding community ratings) were introduced. It's definitely warranted considering how awesomely terrible this show seems to be, but it makes me wonder if they'll do something similar when Redo of Healer drops.

• Like 1

I love that the Broke the Rating Scale scores are back; a very appropriate memoriam to Zac, if I say so.

As for Redo of Healer, I expect them to keep scores regular, but I won't be surprised if they pull an EX-ARM with it too. I'll laugh if Lynzee makes this her only preview write-up just to shame everyone out of watching it (and fail).

45 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I love that the Broke the Rating Scale scores are back; a very appropriate memoriam to Zac, if I say so.

As for Redo of Healer, I expect them to keep scores regular, but I won't be surprised if they pull an EX-ARM with it too. I'll laugh if Lynzee makes this her only preview write-up just to shame everyone out of watching it (and fail).

There’s quite a difference between “this offends me REEEEEE” and “this somehow slipped past quality control and will likely lead Sony to killing the Crunchyroll Originals line.  For one, the latter is a lot more fun for everyone as long as you didn’t work on the show.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blatch said:

I'm surprised they brought back the classic "broke the scale" ratings for this one, just like Zac used to do; I figured they retired those when the stars (and corresponding community ratings) were introduced. It's definitely warranted considering how awesomely terrible this show seems to be, but it makes me wonder if they'll do something similar when Redo of Healer drops.

They weren't nearly as hard on Redo as they were on EX-ARM

• 1 month later...

Indeed. The Macross franchise rundown from last week was very good, something I'm sure ANN has been wanting to do if not for Harmony Gold being stingy about the rights.

Though I feel like this week's review, plus that one deviation for episode 3's, were designed that way to let the less sarcastically-inclined know that Nick does dislike EX-ARM and his reviews shouldn't be taken seriously. You'd be surprised how many people don't understand satire.

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

At this point most of us would gladly take High Guardian Spice over any more of EX-ARM.

Ex-Arm is incompetence.  

High Guardian Spice is something a lot worse, publicity wise, a cudgel constantly used to berate and beat CR.

23 minutes ago, Jman said:

Ex-Arm is incompetence.  

High Guardian Spice is something a lot worse, publicity wise, a cudgel constantly used to berate and beat CR.

the general test audience response to High Guardian were that the show is surprisingly good just a little hamfisted and "captain planet-like" with it's Feminist soapboxing