UnevenEdge

who didn't get in a ps5 preorder?

wacky1980

this guy. bestbuy.com fought me for two hours before pulling the plug while i was on the final order processing page. walmart sold out before could get one in the cart (did get a 2nd controller ordered though). target? nope. gamestop's entire site went down for a bit, and it came back up and sold out while i was fighting bestbuy. so that was a fun evening.

3 hours ago, Chapinator-800 said:

I’d rather wait til they have more of a solid lineup of games about a year or so from now.

Gran Turismo 7 and FFXVI are going to take a while along with any prospective fighting games so I’m not in much of a hurry to get it ASAP.

there's a few decent ps4 games that i never played, coming in for free on launch day with ps+, so i'll have plenty of grinding to do. wife is pretty pumped for resident evil 8, dmc5, and god of war. i don't really have anything particular that i'm looking forward to, but i've never picked up a console on launch day before so why not. also an excuse to finally upgrade to a 4k tv lol.

and demon souls looks like fun so ...

1 hour ago, wacky1980 said:

there's a few decent ps4 games that i never played, coming in for free on launch day with ps+, so i'll have plenty of grinding to do. wife is pretty pumped for resident evil 8, dmc5, and god of war. i don't really have anything particular that i'm looking forward to, but i've never picked up a console on launch day before so why not. also an excuse to finally upgrade to a 4k tv lol.

and demon souls looks like fun so ...

I just saw the new trailer for REVIII and that one also shot up high on my priority list. 

I heard that PS4 games can run on the system but I’m hoping that the digital PS4 games can transfer over so I don’t have to repurchase some of my digital games like the FFVII remake and DBFZ.

The PS4 was a letdown in those regards because there were a ton of digital PS1 games I bought on the PS3 but considered Sound Shapes as the only game they wanted to port over from my old console. 

Edited by Chapinator-800
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chapinator-800 said:

I just saw the new trailer for REVIII and that one also shot up high on my priority list. 

I heard that PS4 games can run on the system but I’m hoping that the digital PS4 games can transfer over so I don’t have to repurchase some of my digital games like the FFVII remake and DBFZ.

The PS4 was a letdown in those regards because there were a ton of digital PS1 games I bought on the PS3 but considered Sound Shapes as the only game they wanted to port over from my old console. 

we've only bought digital games on the ps4 (outside of the ps4 system bundle and psvr packs that came with discs) so hopefully all those purchases transfer over to the ps5. i still picked up the disc version of the 5 though...you never know when it might come in handy for some old-school action.

i think psvr is supposed to be compatible with the 5 at launch, but even if it's not, we can still use it on the 4. the only ps we don't have is the ps2, and that's because the wife gave hers to a friend when she got the 3. still have all my old ps1 games from the 90's too. i wonder if they'd still work in any of the consoles...

Edited by wacky1980

On 9/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, wacky1980 said:

still have all my old ps1 games from the 90's too. i wonder if they'd still work in any of the consoles...

They do not. PS4 doesn't even run CD-ROM, does it?

Kinda sucks. Only just bought myself a PS4. Kinda vaguely knew there were rumbles about next gen coming. And now we're back on the backwards-compatible train? Damn. But, oh well. Will probably be a few years before there's anything enticing for me anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

i was busy working during the pre-sale. by time i remembered, it was done-ski. good job bro.

It was a mess, for sure.

Bestbuy took my card info three times before I got a confirmation. I figured, if they send me 3 xboxs, that wouldn't be the worst thing before christmas......

Then big daddy warbucks makes these kids fucking beg!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

It was a mess, for sure.

Bestbuy took my card info three times before I got a confirmation. I figured, if they send me 3 xboxs, that wouldn't be the worst thing before christmas......

Then big daddy warbucks makes these kids fucking beg!

this was my process for the ps5 too. but spread it over 5 hours, a couple scotches, and a little bit of tired cussing at the screen at 1am. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sony or Microsoft hasn't given me any reason yet to want a console from either one.

Eventually Sony will probably come out with something I must have, but it's unlikely. Microsoft on the otherhand is already planning on releasing everything on pc.

so demon's souls is fucking amazing in 1440p60. i avoided the souls franchise until now because i didn't want to dedicate that much effort to a video game, but this looked beautiful and it was out on launch day. it was either this or godfall, which looks like it's gonna be a shiny turd. 

i spent the first 3 or 4 hours cussing and reconsidering my life choices. then shit started to click, and now i'm hooked. the ps5 controller is just stupid immersive. the maps and visuals are so pretty. and this is just a launch day game? i can't wait for what's coming in the next year+.

22 hours ago, discole monade said:

honestly, i don't even want one. however, 'resident evil 8' is ONLY being released on ps5, which sucks. 

wife is excited about that one. i only ever played thru re2, but she's done pretty much all of them over the years. she won't do re7 in vr though, too scary for her. it's pretty brutal, ngl.

6 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

wife is excited about that one. i only ever played thru re2, but she's done pretty much all of them over the years. she won't do re7 in vr though, too scary for her. it's pretty brutal, ngl.

ooooh 7 moved quickly to my favorite. i've played them all, 

some a few times. i haven't played the mp game, because i didn't play mp games, (until now~factions/the last of us) and i'm pretty bad at it. 

but i digress....

i'm excited and pissed for 8. 

• Like 2