UnevenEdge

Fire Force Season 2 to hit Japanese TV in July

Jman

Funimation releasing the trailer just depresses me since it only reminds me of how slow their dub process is going. There's a larger chance they won't dub this season now. That said, I am astounded enough of the season has been animated by now, even with Japan's lockdown.

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Funimation releasing the trailer just depresses me since it only reminds me of how slow their dub process is going. There's a larger chance they won't dub this season now. That said, I am astounded enough of the season has been animated by now, even with Japan's lockdown.

You mean no simul-dub, or it will never be dubbed at all??

10 hours ago, elfie said:

I don't know why you'd think it wouldn't get a dub. I haven't found anything of them saying that they're dropping any shows. If any show already has a season 1 dub I am 100% sure the other seasons will be dubbed eventually. Depending on their work load it may not be simul-dub, but I think it will be within the realm of what we were used to for dubs being within a few months of the release date. Really can't do any worse than Crunchy dragging their feet years before they had a Konosuba dub out. Because of recent events they'll probably use that as the excuse as to why the film isn't already dubbed. 

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

They recently announced the series would be changing directors. If that means less awkward forced Tamaki fanservice, then I'm all for the change. If not... well, that's someone else's problem more than it is mine. 9_9

Hopefully this director will have great taste and just flood the series with forced Maki fanservice. 

1586209632918.jpg

• Like 3

Oh they shall certainly TRY to dub it. I'm just saying this has upended a bunch of everyone's schedules, and they can't dub everything they wanna dub these days. If they do, Toonami should wait for at least half of the season to be dubbed before even thinking of picking it up, or else we'll be stuck with another "MHA episodes rerun for the third time" case.

7 hours ago, elfie said:

Oh they shall certainly TRY to dub it. I'm just saying this has upended a bunch of everyone's schedules, and they can't dub everything they wanna dub these days. If they do, Toonami should wait for at least half of the season to be dubbed before even thinking of picking it up, or else we'll be stuck with another "MHA episodes rerun for the third time" case.

i suppose all we can do is have some hope....this trailer is at least somewhat of a pleasant suprise

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Daos said:

Support the show by buying Merch!

41VRNFCRFdL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I don't remember Tamaki being that thicc. Gonna have to rewatch, but I think she was a bit slimmer than that in Season 1.

And Japan seems to be acing their corona crisis, while we're doing mediocre at best, and failing miserably at worst!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 10:46 AM, PokeNirvash said:

They recently announced the series would be changing directors. If that means less awkward forced Tamaki fanservice, then I'm all for the change. If not... well, that's someone else's problem more than it is mine. 9_9

You want the director to to go against the MANGA ORIGINAL INTENT?! 

vol-1.pg_.176-178.png?w=1024

On 5/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, elfie said:

There's a larger chance they won't dub this season now.

Once again, calm your tits. Yes, there's going to be a pecking order for which shows get worked on, but Fire Force will definitely be one of them. MHA was clearly first because it's one of their top series right now and they have a TV deal for it. It's not surprising that Black Clover, the other FUNi premiere being actively aired on TV, also made the "must dub" list. A show that has every expectation of being popular, is a sequel to one you already dubbed and most of the returning cast likely has home equipment already, and is very likely to also get a TV deal asap, is going to be an obvious choice to spend resources on.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't remember Tamaki being that thicc. Gonna have to rewatch, but I think she was a bit slimmer than that in Season 1.

And Japan seems to be acing their corona crisis, while we're doing mediocre at best, and failing miserably at worst!

Cup size is larger in that but hips I think are on point. Black Clover had a big problem with Noelle due to the artists using a bad character sheet for her black bulls robes. I've joked that her robes have a breast concealment enchantment because she goes from Flat to D cups when she removes them. 

latest?cb=20180708201057

1547515594189.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. America has been doing pretty badly, but I'm skeptical that Japan's relaxed attitude with no restriction of movement and small testing capacity is working. It feels like the Abe administration is trying to sweep this entire pandemic under the rug in time for the Olympics, but even that may not work out.

As for the original topic... eh, I'm not convinced this show is safe. If they're announcing a premiere date, they must have a big batch of episodes ready, but that could just mean they'll run out in September and the show will be delayed then instead of now.

There's nothing they can do about the Olympic postponement, so they'd need to prepare for 2021. And that's gonna be the real key, because if 2021's Olympics also cannot go on due to there still being no defense against the virus, then Tokyo will lose it entirely and we'd then have to wait until 2024 for another city to host it, thereby spending all that money for nothing.

America has been doing poorly, but key isolated cities are acing it, like New York City, which has reported less deaths yesterday than when the shut down began.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Cup size is larger in that but hips I think are on point. Black Clover had a big problem with Noelle due to the artists using a bad character sheet for her black bulls robes. I've joked that her robes have a breast concealment enchantment because she goes from Flat to D cups when she removes them. 

latest?cb=20180708201057

1547515594189.jpg

I wouldn't say Noelle looks flat in her outfit.  I'd agree with what Al said.  But Noelle and the other girls were more curvy in the manga.

YJLnmSa.jpg

DPSJr8bXkAARkIn?format=jpg&name=medium

794589d635a322c68bf4df3d4ff22b69deb735f4

a7ba28a39926da815ab501bc9d05dbff.png

latest?cb=20180726234114

acacaf873c385aaa8517b61a834449ab3a649bda

EHiVIQbUUAEP3Im?format=jpg&name=medium

Yes, that last one is really an official color spread!

Maybe I should still make that thread I was planning to make after all, even if that article and Twitter post that discussed this issue with My Hero Academia is quite old by now.  This SIN has happened with Black Clover, My Hero Academia, and who knows what other shows!  Stop un-thickening the girls, you bastards!

4 hours ago, Daos said:

I really don't like the way they draw faces/heads in Black Clover... they just seem oddly shaped.

I think its the jaw lines. They have that very 90s point to them. If they got rounded out some I think the characters would look a lot better. Though I think this also says something on how moe blob faces were very unappealing when first introduced, but have become so standardized that angular knife chins are now less appealing. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I think its the jaw lines. They have that very 90s point to them. If they got rounded out some I think the characters would look a lot better. Though I think this also says something on how moe blob faces were very unappealing when first introduced, but have become so standardized that angular knife chins are now less appealing. 

I'm not sure that's it though. Other anime have characters that have pointy chins and they don't look weird. I think it's the odd shape of the entire head.kore-wa-neko-desu-ka-11.jpg

d78ed2eb.jpg?w=652

On 5/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, PokeNirvash said:

on one hand that would be nice

on the other the new Director might also censor that one chapter where all the guys get violently objectified the way Tamaki usually does

On 5/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Moe blob faces are still unappealing.

Manga -

DBPArEFUwAAbvZh.jpg

And anime -

Black-Clover-Season-3-release-date-confi

Looks like the girls have pointier looking chins than the guys, which makes enough sense.  Yami doesn't have a pointed chin at all.  But I never really noticed that.  It was the angled eyes on some characters I noticed more than anything else.  But I just took it as an art style choice and it didn't really bother me.  And the artist is Japanese after all.  And what was the Jump cover where all the mangaka drew other series characters' and we all agreed Tabata did a good or better job as drawing that series characters than the original artist?

PDz9pxM.jpg

Here it is, but I can't find the explanation of who drew what.  I think Tabata drew Asta and Hiei (I'd say looks pretty good,) Horikoshi drew Deku and Boruto, and Oda drew Luffy, and an abomination of Goku with Luffy's face. x_x

I found something else interesting.  Horikoshi redraws the first volume cover of Black Clover, and Tabata re-draws the first volume cover of My Hero Academia.

hwgdo46fejv41.png

I notice the difference a lot more with MHA than I do Black Clover.  And I won't be able to un-see the chinny-chin-chins now. :D But I think I'll be okay.  

Here's the originals.  They don't look like the swapped versions, so I guess the artists not only redid the volume one covers but did completely new covers of what could have been the volume one cover.  That was definitely an interesting cover Tabata came up with for his first volume.  And I remember when I first found out that the MHA volume covers look just like American comic book covers and thinking it was the coolest thing.

9781421582696_manga-My-Hero-Academia-Gra

51fk9JxTxIL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyway, I think Tabata did a good job with Uraraka, and Horikoshi did a good job with Noelle.  Both men know how to draw women well. :) And Icy-hot looking a bit like Yuno there, heh. :)

Edited by ben0119

On 6/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Does...does the author know they're cousins? Did he forget that he made these characters related?

What, you mean that's not something female cousins do when they go out on the beach? :D

I'm pretty sure it is an out-of-universe, out-of-character color spread and Yuki Tabata just posed them like that for his and his reader's enjoyment.  I don't think anything like that actually happens in the beach chapter(s) or corresponding episode.

And when that picture comes up in the post-credits Petit Clover, Noelle throws a big fit about it. xD

Annoying that I can't find the clip of it.  But it's on episode 47 (47 strikes again!), and that's not even the beach episode funnily enough. 

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-fan-service-noelle-mimosa-bikini-anime/

And I have to say I much prefer Funi's "Dorksta" to Crunchyroll's "Stupidsta."

Dlu_2uJXgAEh77y?format=jpg&name=large

Dlu_2uAXcAApLao?format=jpg&name=large

On 6/1/2020 at 11:16 PM, mochi said:

does the author of Sword art online know Kirito and Suguha are related?
Suguha & Kazuto (With images) | Sword art online

But they aren't really brother and sister.  They're just cousins. xD Kirito was adopted by Suguha's mom after his parents died in a car accident or something?  Or am I thinking of someone else's parents?  Anyway, at least Reki didn't puss out and make them "step-brother" and "step-sister." :P And well, at least nothing came of it, and Leafa only crushed on Kirito in the game because she didn't know he was her brother.  Is that screenshot even from the anime though?  Looks like its from one of the NON-CANON games.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:09 PM, Daos said:

I'm not sure that's it though. Other anime have characters that have pointy chins and they don't look weird. I think it's the odd shape of the entire head.kore-wa-neko-desu-ka-11.jpg

d78ed2eb.jpg?w=652

Maybe you have an odd-shaped head. :P

Like really, what is so odd about the shape of their heads?

On 6/4/2020 at 2:59 PM, CountFrylock said:

one month left until this is suppose to air in japan....here's hoping it doesn't get delayed

I just looked it up earlier and no sign of any delays.

The integrity of the fan service had better be maintained!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3PrGapl5uwMjRNLPkQJZ

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, I don't know if you guys heard, but SAO WoU part 2 has a release date confirmed for July 11th.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-10/sword-art-online-alicization-war-of-underworld-part-2-anime-debuts-on-july-11-after-covid-19-delay/.160458

Oh, I'm afraid the SAO episodes will be quite operational when the slot opening arrives. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

I saw that second Fire Force trailer.  Looks pretty epic!  And the animation quite finished!  I'd say it's safe to say season 2 is arriving on schedule!

Yup! I'm excited for it and expect it to be even better since it got good once it became focused after the real enemy joined the show.

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

By the way, I don't know if you guys heard, but SAO WoU part 2 has a release date confirmed for July 11th.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-10/sword-art-online-alicization-war-of-underworld-part-2-anime-debuts-on-july-11-after-covid-19-delay/.160458

Oh, I'm afraid the SAO episodes will be quite operational when the slot opening arrives. :)

We Might See SAO Back On Toonami In 2021