UnevenEdge

Fire Force Season 2 to hit Japanese TV in July

Jman

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup! I'm excited for it and expect it to be even better since it got good once it became focused after the real enemy joined the show.

It did get better and more focused after that squad from the traditional Japanese area was introduced, but I didn't like how the powers got nonsensical and over the top with Sho's, and then how Shinra counters him.  Then the one girl can heal people because her power has the snake and staff healing symbol... And I feel like Shinra and Sho's powers would have to be backtracked since no one can do anything to them.  But yeah hopefully it can improve and get back on track by then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

how come?  It's not like We're  talking funimation here

so why we should assume they can just put out dubbed episodes of SAO in a timely fashion?

Uhh because they did before?  Not simuldub level, but SAO was dubbed very quickly in the past.  We don't know what sort of dubbing abilities Bang Zoom! might have to deal with the work restrictions, but I wouldn't count that crew out either.

35 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It did get better and more focused after that squad from the traditional Japanese area was introduced, but I didn't like how the powers got nonsensical and over the top with Sho's, and then how Shinra counters him.  Then the one girl can heal people because her power has the snake and staff healing symbol... And I feel like Shinra and Sho's powers would have to be backtracked since no one can do anything to them.  But yeah hopefully it can improve and get back on track by then.

Yeah I got into it once they beat that asshole guy and the new enemy killed him to silence him. It got much better at that point even though it still jumped a bit when switching between arcs.

Oh yeah that final fight, while cool visually, seemed a little overpowered compared to the other characters so I'm assuming now that there's time we'll get a better breakdown of Sho and Shinra's new power they're accessing/channeling and we'll see more exactly how it worked or learn of some kind of new counter to it.
Though the rest of the team each got a badass little fight too.

I believe there's a new director taking over this season as well, with the rest of the staff staying the same (so the great visuals and animation shouldn't be going anywhere and the adaptation of the manga should feel consistent), so maybe he'll bring some smoother progression within the episodes and spice some things up.

Edited by DangerMouse

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Uhh because they did before?  Not simuldub level, but SAO was dubbed very quickly in the past.  We don't know what sort of dubbing abilities Bang Zoom! might have to deal with the work restrictions, but I wouldn't count that crew out either.

We Shall see but I Don't see toonami jumping on SAO until 2021 when the budget isn't as bad and things aren't so uncertain

Edited by CountFrylock

It's possible they already shelled out the dough for the 2nd half of War of Underworld, and that's why they seem to be too broke to pick up much else.

Hey, the same could be true for Season 2 of Fire Force. If they really ARE that strapped for cash for new titles, it would kinda make logical sense.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:29 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

It's possible they already shelled out the dough for the 2nd half of War of Underworld, and that's why they seem to be too broke to pick up much else.

Hey, the same could be true for Season 2 of Fire Force. If they really ARE that strapped for cash for new titles, it would kinda make logical sense.

I’m pretty sure they already paid for the 2nd half of SAOAWotU and they might have negotiated early this year for Fire Force season 2 but that’s a bit less likely.