UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
Jman

Shounen Sunday to publish an Inu-Yasha sequel

One word - 

Also the implication is one of them is Sesshy’s kids.  Rin?

• Like 1

The thing that bothers me most about this is that you spelled Inuyasha with a hyphen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never had a complaint about any of Rumiko Takahashi's works. I'm sure that what she has in store will be solid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

INUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSHA

KAAAAAGOOOMEEEE!!!!

No, but seriously, this is apparently more than just new manga, but some sort of new anime as well!

• Haha 1

.... are they new characters?

25 minutes ago, elfie said:

.... are they new characters?

From what I heard, it's going to center around the daughters of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.

Also, VIZ jumped on the license for it right quick.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

daughters of Inuyasha and Sesshomoru

Sesshomoru gots himself a wife 

Kagura and Rin died right if I remember 

47 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

From what I heard, it's going to center around the daughters of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.

Also, VIZ jumped on the license for it right quick.

Yep, it'll be back on Toonami someday!

3 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

Kagura, yes. 2nd episode of Final Act.

Rin is younger than Kagome and if she died, it would definitely be an untimely death. I believe she'll be like a 25-year old woman in the series, which means that one of the younger male characters will no doubt have a boyish crush on her!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

Kagura died.  I believe Rin survived.

Looks like the new lead gets to have the magic sword this time.  They’re all girls apparently, just one was raised by Kagome’s brother in the present.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

As far as I can tell, Takahashi isn't writing this.  It's an anime, not a manga (of course it surely will be, eventually), and is only providing the original characters and designs.  So there's that.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do though.

18 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

As far as I can tell, Takahashi isn't writing this.  It's an anime, not a manga (of course it surely will be, eventually), and is only providing the original characters and designs.  So there's that.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do though.

So she's gonna Toriyama this bad boy eh?

21 hours ago, Jman said:

Looks like the new lead gets to have the magic sword this time.  They’re all girls apparently, just one was raised by Kagome’s brother in the present.

Kagura and KIKYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO died.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The daughters of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Souta, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.

(Source: VIZ Media)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41911/Hanyou_no_Yashahime__Sengoku_Otogizoushi?_user=391292

I saw this in an email from MAL.  They notify you of sequels and spin-offs of shows on your list, I believe?  Is this real?  Because it sounds like a fuckin fanfic.  But I'm all over it if this show is real!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 11:14 PM, Jman said:

I saw people saying in the MAL thread that Sesshoumaru would have had the twins with Rin?  But wasn't she more like a daughter to him?  Surely that is not who he had the kids with?  Also, having a relationship and kids with someone you knew since they were a child, while you were already a teen or adult... seems... not right.

• Like 1

Rin's a mommy.

but the only thing i have ever needed from any InuYasha sequel is this:

BADASS BISHONENTASTIC ADULT SHIPPO

EXgcCDwXgAEE5Zp?format=jpg&name=900x900

EXgck2XWkAAO2l0?format=jpg&name=large

EXgcgMtWkAMABgr?format=jpg&name=small

Who the hell is the guy in the suit?  Sota?  But why does he have a sword? 

EXgcgMtXQAA7EY8?format=jpg&name=900x900

EXgcgMuXgAAY4sB?format=jpg&name=small

The one the back is clearly Moroha, Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter.  Also it looks like she doesn't have dog ears, but wears a bow that looks like dog ears.  I guess when you get down to one quarter demon you go back to human ears. 

EXkCEQFVcAE5nOM?format=png&name=900x900

I like this coloring someone did. 

EXgck2PWsAIvxB6?format=jpg&name=large

EXgcgM2WoAAfby3?format=jpg&name=small

The one with the fur like Sesshomaru and demon slayer outfit is clearly the daughter of Sesshomaru working for Kohaku, Setsuna.  This means they aren't showing the other daughter who lived in present day for some reason?  Towa?

I love Inuyasha, so I'm a bit excited for this, even though this is completely out of left field.  I do admit that the premise seems a bit like fanfic, though.  Though with Takahashi not writing it, I can just say it IS fanfic and not canon if I don't like it.  Just like Eureka Seven AO.

I really hope they don't have Sesshy paired up with Rin.  It was bad enough in Usagi Drop and I couldn't bare to see it here.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I saw people saying in the MAL thread that Sesshoumaru would have had the twins with Rin?  But wasn't she more like a daughter to him?  Surely that is not who he had the kids with?  Also, having a relationship and kids with someone you knew since they were a child, while you were already a teen or adult... seems... not right.

He's a Demon. The age of a human probably has no meaning to him since they're all far younger anyway... he's 900.

At the end of the show it seems like Rin is living a normal human life, so he's not raising her or anything. 

And yes Usagi Drop is a bit messed up at the end.

35 minutes ago, Daos said:

He's a Demon. The age of a human probably has no meaning to him since they're all far younger anyway... he's 900.

At the end of the show it seems like Rin is living a normal human life, so he's not raising her or anything. 

And yes Usagi Drop is a bit messed up at the end.

Still a child when he met her.  He would know the difference between children and adult humans.  He also used endless old man insults against Totosai, the old swordsmith demon, so he has a concept of age in general (and doesn't consider himself an old man, for a demon anyway.)

I was trying to find how old Rin was at the end of the series since there is a time skip of a few years, to no avail.  Either way, does this even work timeline-wise?  Kagome and Inuyasha are going to wait until Rin is grown up to have twins with Sesshomaru to have their baby?  How old would they be by then?  I don't see that making too much sense, as the new characters all seem around the same age.

There really is no reason that the mother HAS to be Rin, either.  Or even a character we already know.  Sesshomaru obviously changed his view on humans and was kind enough to take in Rin for a time, there's no reason he couldn't have taken a human wife and had kids with her at some point in the intervening years.

I just looked that up.

What. The. Fuck.

Her name is Rin too.  Fucking hell.

Posted (edited)

Here is an article from ANN with a LOT more information.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-08/inuyasha-anime-gets-yashahime-princess-half-demon-tv-spinoff-this-fall/.159360

I'm looking forward to that new visual teaser on the 13th and hopefully some more clarity.

The one in the suit is Towa?  I call bullshit on that.  Does not look female in the least.  And ANN wrote it as Towa Higurashi.  Which comes off as a typo since Towa is Sesshomaru's daughter, not Kagome's.  Unless she took that name because she was raised by Sota in present Japan? 

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

A little late, but here's a now semi-relevant segment from an ancient (read: early 2010's) comic.

1115034489_BraggingThatYouHadSexWontGetRidofAllThatYaoi.PNG.eb4d4c23ceaa6ba80c16baa8a57d323b.PNG

• Haha 4

I was in a conversation in another thread, and I just saw that more has been released.  Some of it just today.  Final character designs for the characters and some weapon reveals.  I'm kind of surprised that no one else bumped this.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/yashahime-princess-half-demon-inuyasha-sequel-kagome-daughter-moroha-character-design/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/inuyasha-sequel-yashahime-new-sword-anime/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/inuyasha-sequel-final-designs-sesshomaru-daughters/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/inuyasha-sequel-sesshomaru-daughters-towa-setsuna-weapons-yashahime-princess-half-demon/

EdQXZ_tUYAggeA9?format=png&name=large

I am surprised that Moroha doesn't have silver hair.  Her hair and eye color are just like Kagome's.  But facially and hair style she looks like Inuyasha.  And the hairbow, alluding to Inuyasha's ears, is a nice touch.  She's also wearing what I think is the fire rat robe.  But it turns out her sword isn't Tessaiga.

EdQniRKUwAE662u?format=png&name=medium

It's called Kurikamaru.  I was reading a reply under the announcement tweet that mentioned the name could have something to do with dragons, and I see there is a dragon design on the blade.  Hmm.

EeT3Vl1U8AAiJCi?format=png&name=large

EeT3WLpUcAAS0ky?format=png&name=large

Not sure what their red streaks in their hair are all about.  On Towa with her silver hair it makes me think she could be yet another sibling of Todoroki haha.

EeT_FZlU4AEyPqS?format=png&name=large

Towa's sword is called Kikujiyuumonji.  Rolls right off the tongue...

EeUBwZpVAAExv2c?format=png&name=medium

Setsuna's spear/halberd thing is called Kanemitsu no Tomoe.

• Thanks 1