• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• helpme

• Sawdamizer

• Seight

• tsar4

13 hours ago, tsar4 said:

image.png.b3d68664bd88b517873bd59b660e7404.png

Dear God I hope with every fiber of my being this is 100% true. It's plausible as The Far Side is very popular in the scientific community. But this also seems like something someone could've randomly come up with for the lols. (I know the actual Far Side pic is real, I remember that panel, but I do not know if the bottom portion is real).

7 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Dear God I hope with every fiber of my being this is 100% true. It's plausible as The Far Side is very popular in the scientific community. But this also seems like something someone could've randomly come up with for the lols. (I know the actual Far Side pic is real, I remember that panel, but I do not know if the bottom portion is real).

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/watch-out-for-that-thagomizer-98891562/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

13 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Oooh, SO close. The meme says it's the official name, while the two articles say it's an informal name. It is cool that it is commonly used by paleontologists, though.

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Oooh, SO close. The meme says it's the official name, while the two articles say it's an informal name. It is cool that it is commonly used by paleontologists, though.

Article is 8 years old, but provides proof that the name was being used.  It may have been "officially adopted" since.