• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• helpme

• Sawdamizer

• Seight

• tsar4

24 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Honest question.  What about mocking gender dysphoria is so funny?

Honest answer.  The whole intent of comedy is to stretch limits and tweak noses.  I'm sorry my generation created the hole in the ozone layer that allowed the vacuum of space to suck the sense of humor out of the generations that followed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

5 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Honest answer.  The whole intent of comedy is to stretch limits and tweak noses.  I'm sorry my generation created the hole in the ozone layer that allowed the vacuum of space to suck the sense of humor out of the generations that followed. 

Sure, but humor that mocked physical condition has never been funny while humor that mocks personalities is.  It's sort of why comedians rarely include jokes about handicaps, unless they themselves have that handicap.  I'm sure other crotchety people think that transitioning is a personal choice rather than a physiological condition and I'm sure they'll laugh.

10 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Funny you should mention that...I was actually gonna bait Packard with this, but since you're being topical.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/ozone-hole-near-south-pole-shrinks-smallest-size-ever-seen-ncna1070211

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Funny you should mention that...I was actually gonna bait Packard with this, but since you're being topical.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/ozone-hole-near-south-pole-shrinks-smallest-size-ever-seen-ncna1070211

Yeah, saw that about a month ago or so.  Thing is, it's shrinking, but the climate is still screwed up.