UnevenEdge

You can call me a lot of names, and I wouldn’t bat an eye

jackiemarie90

But be an academic councilor and tell me that my fall semester might be too much work. And that I should switch my dreams on something more achievable. And that I’ll probably fail just by asking me one question after walking in the hour in the sun to find the place. Then I’d probably break down, start cussing at the councilor and start crying like a little bitch.

Spoiler

Cause I am just a punk soft bitch that cries at everything. I hate it lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Sorry that happened but councilors are loser underachievers who don't know shit

Especially not enough about you to tell you that. Do it and if YOU decide its too much, drop before the deadline 

Technically he is a beloved councilor on campus. I just really feel like shit because I have no support, no family, no friends, and I’m separating myself from a partner for school. I have no one it feels like and it’s just another person telling me I’m shit.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Technically he is a beloved councilor on campus. I just really feel like shit because I have no support, no family, no friends, and I’m separating myself from a partner for school. I have no one it feels like and it’s just another person telling me I’m shit.

Fuck them. You fight, and fight hard. I dunno what you're fighting for, but if it feels worth it, fight. I gave up, but I'm old. It was too much time. Young people can fight. Punch them in the face with facts. Stare the man down and watch him buckle. Make them eat dirt. I exist in the shadows. Be my blinding light. Terrorize the earth. Make them see what good does. Circle the bad with a nice red marker. Set an example of what people should be, and do not waver. You post enough for me to know you are good.

Being good is not easy. Being good is a fight. So fight and try to win. And if you don't win, you're still good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Fuck them. You fight, and fight hard. I dunno what you're fighting for, but if it feels worth it, fight. I gave up, but I'm old. It was too much time. Young people can fight. Punch them in the face with facts. Stare the man down and watch him buckle. Make them eat dirt. I exist in the shadows. Be my blinding light. Terrorize the earth. Make them see what good does. Circle the bad with a nice red marker. Set an example of what people should be, and do not waver. You post enough for me to know you are good.

Being good is not easy. Being good is a fight. So fight and try to win. And if you don't win, you're still good.

They were discouraging me from trying to work towards a computer science minor. A mechanical engineer quizzed me on one question then pretty much mocked me afterwards. They were saying I wasn’t qualified for the program.

9 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

crying? you probably did look like a punk ass bitch lol.

seriously tho, i think it's ok to cry. i did some crying myself this week. 

arent counselors supposed to help people? tell his punk ass to help himself to a bag of dicks he can eat.

Lmao well it’s suppose to be academic councilor that looks at your course load. But there was an associate of his berating me that I wasn’t good enough for computer science. And saying, “Oh they will let anyone into these classes” 

I know it’s usually ok to cry it out. But here in academia they treat it like taboo. I am going to adjust on my schedule, but I’m going to focus on the classes they tried to discourage me from taking.

10 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Lmao well it’s suppose to be academic councilor that looks at your course load. But there was an associate of his berating me that I wasn’t good enough for computer science. And saying, “Oh they will let anyone into these classes” 

I know it’s usually ok to cry it out. But here in academia they treat it like taboo. I am going to adjust on my schedule, but I’m going to focus on the classes they tried to discourage me from taking.

thats kinda fucked up. i would have said why the fuck am i not good enough putting him on the spot.

is it cuz you brown and a girl and dumb? huh? 

i hope you do good in those classes and come back and talk shit when you ace it all.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackiemarie90 said:

They were discouraging me from trying to work towards a computer science minor. A mechanical engineer quizzed me on one question then pretty much mocked me afterwards. They were saying I wasn’t qualified for the program.

As someone who has taken some Engineering classes previously, I can confirm that there are some people out there who think they're the cock of the walk because they can do slightly advanced math

If you're ok at math you'll be fine as long as you put the work in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

If that dickhole had been in any way correct, you wouldn't have gotten into that school. He is scum who can only feel better about himself by bringing others down. The next time he tries to say any shit to you like this, imagine him with donkey ears so you remember that he's just a self-important jackass. Take what you need from him academically and anything else are just "Hee-haws!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I don't understand. If you have already been accepted to the school, can't you major / minor in anything they offer? You may have to start way, way back, but they should offer classes for people with zero background in their chosen major / minor, right?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

thats kinda fucked up. i would have said why the fuck am i not good enough putting him on the spot.

is it cuz you brown and a girl and dumb? huh? 

i hope you do good in those classes and come back and talk shit when you ace it all.  

The engineer looked like a Latino so that kinda sucks. That’s the plan, work hard and show them wrong.

10 hours ago, molarbear said:

As someone who has taken some Engineering classes previously, I can confirm that there are some people out there who think they're the cock of the walk because they can do slightly advanced math

If you're ok at math you'll be fine as long as you put the work in

That was the plan. Study hard and I’m decent at math. But it just feels gatekeeping talking to people like that.

6 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

If that dickhole had been in any way correct, you wouldn't have gotten into that school. He is scum who can only feel better about himself by bringing others down. The next time he tries to say any shit to you like this, imagine him with donkey ears so you remember that he's just a self-important jackass. Take what you need from him academically and anything else are just "Hee-haws!"

Thank you. Idk, I’m also enrolled into a lot of prep programs and I hope that helps.

• Like 1

ain't shit niggas are always trying to tell you how you ain't shit...

I don't know how you're best motivated, but people telling me what I can't do is all I think about while I move toward shutting them up.....you don't have to be classy about that shit either, let that muthafukka know

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't understand. If you have already been accepted to the school, can't you major / minor in anything they offer? You may have to start way, way back, but they should offer classes for people with zero background in their chosen major / minor, right?

Eh... when it's not quite that simple when you're talking about a Tier 1 like Cal.  In addition to getting into the university itself (which is extraordinarily difficult in its own right), you also have to get accepted into some individual programs.  Cal has a storied engineering school (my grandpa graduated from there in '30s), so they can be a bit snobby when it come to students applying for individual programs, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for someone as talented as Jackie.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

If it’s a university then no you can’t. 

I went to NYU Tisch School of the Arts but couldn’t just take classes at Stern School of Business. You have to be accepted.  

• Like 2

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Fresno State.

I gotta buddy who's wife is a water polo coach there.  It's a nice enough place, but I'm not sure how competitive the individual schools there are.  When you jump from the CSU system to the UC system, the individual schools inside the university are better endowed and tend to have significantly more competition for spots.

By the way, I believe you're our first opponent Labor Day.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I gotta buddy who's wife is a water polo coach there.  It's a nice enough place, but I'm not sure how competitive the individual schools there are.  When you jump from the CSU system to the UC system, the individual schools inside the university are better endowed and tend to have significantly more competition for spots.

By the way, I believe you're our first opponent Labor Day.

Pooh was a sith and dealt with absolutes. ("Not when it's a university.") I was just pointing out that's not necessarily true.

I've never followed college sports. I've went to Bulldog football and basketball games a few times and had fun though.

For the non-Californians, the Georgia Bulldogs aren't the only Bulldogs, just in case that's confusing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

There was a time in the middle '00s when the FSU team was a force to reckon with in the WAC. They're always competitive though, and that's no small feat in the FBS. 

Heh, that's when I was a student there. 😁

Also, we're CSUF. I think FSU is Florida State University.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Kinda similar to scoob. They were saying I couldn't handle a math course mixed with a computer science one. Even though it's the only way I will be able to get the minor on time since I do have to start of the beginning of the pathway. But I have been taking precalcus last year just for this and took a python class.

3 hours ago, Mix said:

ain't shit niggas are always trying to tell you how you ain't shit...

I don't know how you're best motivated, but people telling me what I can't do is all I think about while I move toward shutting them up.....you don't have to be classy about that shit either, let that muthafukka know

Exactly I will be happy to prove the guy wrong. Then offer advice on how to talk to emotional new transfers. lol

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Eh... when it's not quite that simple when you're talking about a Tier 1 like Cal.  In addition to getting into the university itself (which is extraordinarily difficult in its own right), you also have to get accepted into some individual programs.  Cal has a storied engineering school (my grandpa graduated from there in '30s), so they can be a bit snobby when it come to students applying for individual programs, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for someone as talented as Jackie.

This is pretty accurate, Steve Woziak went to school and they keep wanting to push that legacy. The engineering school is hella hard to get into, and I'm not even attempting that. This school lets you as major or minor in computer science through their liberal arts college, the one I am accpeted to. But technically the classes are still the same, so they are trying to scare into not taking it. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of students kinda take these course for fun in the hopes that they are good at it because tech is so prominent here in the bay area. But I have been planning this for a year now...

Edited by jackiemarie90
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

This is pretty accurate, Steve Woziak went to school and they keep wanting to push that legacy. The engineering school is hella hard to get into, and I'm not even attempting that. This school lets you as major or minor in computer science through their liberal arts college, the one I am accpeted to. But technically the classes are still the same, so they are trying to scare into not taking it. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of students kinda take these course for fun in the hopes that they are good at it because tech is so prominent here in the bay area. But I have been planning this for a year now...

I would assume it's something similar to where there are classes each school offers to the entire student body that satisfy general education requirements.  It's been a long time for me, but I believe that getting into some of those classes still involved some kind of clearance from the counselor that was technically advising me (but I never actually met).  I avoided them since I wasn't minoring in anything, but I remember that being a problem for others.  I can't imagine what its like now that USC has gotten more and more competitive.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I would assume it's something similar to where there are classes each school offers to the entire student body that satisfy general education requirements.  It's been a long time for me, but I believe that getting into some of those classes still involved some kind of clearance from the counselor that was technically advising me (but I never actually met).  I avoided them since I wasn't minoring in anything, but I remember that being a problem for others.  I can't imagine what its like now that USC has gotten more and more competitive.

Not for CS. They do have a problem with some people in that major getting into the classes they need to graduate, so some spots are reserved. Since I’m low income, 1st generation and a transfer student I had priority registration to pick my classes. I think it pisses off CS and engineers when a non cs student takes up spots. Kinda like, “well if you wanna take the program so bad you gotta put up with our shit attitude.” I did ask if there was a math test before applying and they said no. So that’s problematic for people who need those classes. For the 1st CS class you need to be taking calculus, but that’s it for the minor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Well he seemed on the older side, so maybe he just from an older generation. But I’m starting to see how Tech is still a boys club environment

as a tech worker and someone thats been in the tech industry for a while now this is true. tho i am starting to see a nice upswing of women at work. 

• Like 1