UnevenEdge

Fantasy Football 2019

Should the UEMB fantasy league be a money league?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UEMB fantasy league be a money league?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/19 at 08:22 AM

It's that time again. I've been sending out invitations to former managers from last year, so check your PMs.

Draft date and time TBD. If you weren't in the league last year and want in, let me know, but spaces will fill up. Max of 12 teams, I'm shooting for 10, honestly.

I've also been toying with the idea of making this a money league, but it would be low stakes, five or ten dollars per person, and it's not set in stone. I'd need everyone to be on board with it.

I don't anticipate any real format or rules changes this year.

I'll be making any further announcements in this thread. Feel free to discuss or ask questions here.

Edited by empty

3 minutes ago, empty said:

As a matter of fact, I'm going to start a poll on whether or not we should make this a cash league.

I'm cool with it either way, though I like this more as a "just for fun" league.

Let me know.

Given how FF is insanely RNG loaded and RNG hates me....

I'd rather just keep my money

how many slots are left? 

also, general reminder - i'm pretty sure our email system is still broken so if you are relying on the site sending you an email when you get a PM you're outta luck until that's fixed and you gotta log on to see if you have messages

2 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

how many slots are left? 

also, general reminder - i'm pretty sure our email system is still broken so if you are relying on the site sending you an email when you get a PM you're outta luck until that's fixed and you gotta log on to see if you have messages

Looks like I'm about to be full, pretty sure I have a dozen people now.

Alright nerds, when do you want to draft?

I'm looking at either Saturday the 30th, Sunday the 1st or Labor Day, the 2nd. Preferably in the evening, between 6:00 PM CDT and 10:00 PM CDT.

Labor Day, 9:00 central time is my preferred draft time, but please let me know if there's a conflict and we'll try to work around it.

1 minute ago, empty said:

Please just leave this thread up for now, I've got ten people, hopefully they'll all be locked and loaded.

i wasn't gonna touch your thread, but i've got the board-wide announcement banner up still and if you needed, i'd throw another post up on the uemb fb/twitter for any board people like sheem who aren't necessarily on the boards all the time

also - fiddling around with widgets and the calendar - the calendar function might be pretty useful for next time (or any other scheduling related to the league). it lets you require an RSVP, so you can create a calendar event and require people to sign up and the event also acts as a thread for communication.

I just set up a widget on the right sidebar of the homepage, right under today's birthdays, that populates with upcoming calendar events and just threw this one on to test it.