UnevenEdge

Kingdom Hearts III

Opium

i played the first like 17 years ago and like 3/4 of the 2nd like 15 years ago. i don't remember at all what happened and i don't feel like playing 8 games to figure it out. it looks pretty tho. might wait for a price drop and just ignore the story since a lot of people say it doesn't make sense anyway

Edited by Naraku4656

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I loved the first one, was in between on the second one (I thought the tutorial stage was way too long)

how is the 3rd one?  

It's nonsensical, but I'm sure anyone who has played the series knows what to expect in terms of narrative and dialogue (which is now even worse, given that Sora can't hide the fact that a 30-something year old man is playing him), but the gameplay is enjoyable enough to hold attention. Sometimes I get the feeling they cut corners on cutscenes; there are some strange cuts here and there that feel out of place. Phil from Hercules, who is usually played by Danny DeVito and is loud, is made a mute because his Japanese VA died, which is an unfortunate way of commemoration if you ask me.

The graphics, especially in terms of the environments, are really good. The greens and blues really pop.

But the biggest disappointment for me is the complete lack of Final Fantasy characters. They actually cut all of them out of the game, it seems, which a big fuckin whoops in my book.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Opium said:

It's nonsensical, but I'm sure anyone who has played the series knows what to expect in terms of narrative and dialogue (which is now even worse, given that Sora can't hide the fact that a 30-something year old man is playing him), but the gameplay is enjoyable enough to hold attention. Sometimes I get the feeling they cut corners on cutscenes; there are some strange cuts here and there that feel out of place. Phil from Hercules, who is usually played by Danny DeVito and is loud, is made a mute because his Japanese VA died, which is an unfortunate way of commemoration if you ask me.

The graphics, especially in terms of the environments, are really good. The greens and blues really pop.

But the biggest disappointment for me is the complete lack of Final Fantasy characters. They actually cut all of them out of the game, it seems, which a big fuckin whoops in my book.

No FF characters?  That is a huge mistake. That was part of the charm of the game. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Opium said:

Lol

Sounds like a disaster.

47 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

No FF characters?  That is a huge mistake. That was part of the charm of the game. 

Yeah, I'm assuming they thought Disney's properties were big enough now to stand on their own with the various shitty KH-spinoff characters.

• Like 1

No, cannot will myself to care.  The stupid ass secret boss was the final nail in the coffin.

I mean for fuck’s sake, Disney owns so much shit.  You couldn’t bring in Darth Vader or Ultron or Galactus?  No, instead we get Kingdom Hearts OC bullshit.

Edited by Jman

10 hours ago, Opium said:

Well I'm not buying it now lol

Sounds like trash

• Haha 1

Well happy bashing, I find it fun because do you really need Cloud a Sephiroth to make a fun game.  For the record, they weren't written out, I'm sure they will show up in DLC or even in the next game....I'm not far but Auron makes an appearance, even though he doesn't fight, so they are still a part of the story.

The mechanics work as well as they ever did but I'll admit, that Camera has a mind of it's own during the large boss battles.  It was right behind me and now everyone is too small for me to see where i am to even dodge while my health is screaming at me......The Gummi ship stages kinda confuse me.  I set course for Rapunzels stage and somhow ended up in toy story which wasn't even on the map.....I do like the random battles in space though.

AND OMFG TOY STORY.....I nearly blew my brains out because "You got a friend in me" was on a continuous loop for the 3-4 hours it took me to finish that stage.  But the possesed doll fight was right up my alley.

I guess I'm not far enough to hate it yet but I'm definitely not dismissing it because I can't use Climhazzard on a heartless.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:06 AM, The Beast Milk said:

Well happy bashing, I find it fun because do you really need Cloud a Sephiroth to make a fun game.  For the record, they weren't written out, I'm sure they will show up in DLC or even in the next game....I'm not far but Auron makes an appearance, even though he doesn't fight, so they are still a part of the story.

The mechanics work as well as they ever did but I'll admit, that Camera has a mind of it's own during the large boss battles.  It was right behind me and now everyone is too small for me to see where i am to even dodge while my health is screaming at me......The Gummi ship stages kinda confuse me.  I set course for Rapunzels stage and somhow ended up in toy story which wasn't even on the map.....I do like the random battles in space though.

AND OMFG TOY STORY.....I nearly blew my brains out because "You got a friend in me" was on a continuous loop for the 3-4 hours it took me to finish that stage.  But the possesed doll fight was right up my alley.

I guess I'm not far enough to hate it yet but I'm definitely not dismissing it because I can't use Climhazzard on a heartless.

No, I said it was a decently fun enough game on its own. I think it does need FF to keep the narrative interesting because KH has always been, at its heart (lol), a fan service game whether it be FF or Disney.

Also lol at Auron “making an appearance.” A five second glimpse at a statue of him with a namedrop by the narrator in a gloss over is hardly an appearance.

2 hours ago, Opium said:

No, I said it was a decently fun enough game on its own. I think it does need FF to keep the narrative interesting because KH has always been, at its heart (lol), a fan service game whether it be FF or Disney.

Also lol at Auron “making an appearance.” A five second glimpse at a statue of him with a namedrop by the narrator in a gloss over is hardly an appearance.

I mean they are still a part of the lore but sorry if that doesn't do it for you.....Maybe just play Final Fantasy if it draws your nuts in you so much. You get to climb a cactuar too

7 hours ago, The Beast Milk said:

I mean they are still a part of the lore but sorry if that doesn't do it for you.....Maybe just play Final Fantasy if it draws your nuts in you so much. You get to climb a cactuar too

Buddy, who gives a shit if they’re in the lore? They’re not in the *game*.

And it doesn’t draw my nuts. I’m still playing the game, but I can acknowledge it’s missing something. So suck me, Breast Milk.

Edited by Opium

Tbf, as long as it took this game to happen, the old FF characters are a bit outdated now. Disappointed, but I could see how someone might decide "Y'know, let's maybe not draw attention to how many new FF games have come out by now that we're not going to represent."

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Tbf, as long as it took this game to happen, the old FF characters are a bit outdated now. Disappointed, but I could see how someone might decide "Y'know, let's maybe not draw attention to how many new FF games have come out by now that we're not going to represent."

Nah, that argument doesn’t hold considering the FFVII remake and how well the HD remasters sell. The old FF is integral to Square’s dwindling brand.

Oh, certainly, no doubt. But, I think maybe KH is just in a really awkward position, due to how long this has taken. It feels like it wants to target and skew a little younger, and in the beginning, I'd say it grabbed the right audience. But so many of those fans are grown now. We may still be mostly die hard, and would more than welcome the inclusion of the old FF. But it also still has to want to sorta try to grab some new fans, too, and it's still sorta trying to target a little younger than those of us who have grown, who just may not have the same familiarity and love for the old characters (or worse, would be the ones expecting newer ones).

Unless you've got a better argument, it's what I'll choose to believe, to make myself feel better about the old crew being purged. (seriously, Leon and co. were the ones to set us on the right path, how can they just get rid of them?)

29 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Oh, certainly, no doubt. But, I think maybe KH is just in a really awkward position, due to how long this has taken. It feels like it wants to target and skew a little younger, and in the beginning, I'd say it grabbed the right audience. But so many of those fans are grown now. We may still be mostly die hard, and would more than welcome the inclusion of the old FF. But it also still has to want to sorta try to grab some new fans, too, and it's still sorta trying to target a little younger than those of us who have grown, who just may not have the same familiarity and love for the old characters (or worse, would be the ones expecting newer ones).

Unless you've got a better argument, it's what I'll choose to believe, to make myself feel better about the old crew being purged. (seriously, Leon and co. were the ones to set us on the right path, how can they just get rid of them?)

If they're wanting to target a different, younger demographic then they should have done it with the next game and not with the supposed end of a trilogy which had before included FF characters. This one should have been for the fans who had stuck with this goofy shit even after puberty.

Your reason is still valid and even probable but that doesn't make it a good reason.

3 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

If you're gonna steal a game steal something good bro. 

Is it stealing if no one knows why it’s there? 😆

I haven’t had PS in a while. My brother got me an Xbox for my bday 5 years ago. I’m undecided on what console I want next. 

I remember PS having more exclusives that I liked but I’m not sure if they even do that console exclusive stuff anymore. I’ll look it up later 😆