UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean HD?  I own the series on DVD.  Is it 1080p quality?

I would agree that a single thread for the whole series is probably best.  At least it's been the norm in the past for a series rerun to be based from a single thread instead of a new thread for each episode.

Also, if this going to be the official discussion thread for the whole series, the page definitely needs to get gussied up a bit.  You know, a logo, some pics, nice font size and colors...

Obviously not in DVD format.

But the show was originally produced in HD. The Blu-Ray comes out in two weeks, so I'm assuming Production I.G. gave Adult Swim the HD masters as a form of cross-promotion.

They better fucking have.  If my show isn't in HD and proper aspect ratio there'll be hell to pay.

Obviously not in DVD format.

But the show was originally produced in HD. The Blu-Ray comes out in two weeks, so I'm assuming Production I.G. gave Adult Swim the HD masters as a form of cross-promotion.

Wait, it's getting a bluray release!?!?!?!?

*goes to Amazon.com*

And preordered!  To be released on Feb. 21st.  Nice. 8)

They better fucking have.  If my show isn't in HD and proper aspect ratio there'll be hell to pay.

Yes, yes, we know, you'll bitch and moan if it doesn't happen at which point Demarco will mock you, assuming he does that anymore.

But yeah, judging from word of mouth and the adjusted content rating, it's safe to say these are new tapes.

I've never seen SAC in HD (was it ever publicly available in that format? I know it was one of the first TV anime produced in HD) so I'll check it out to see if this version still suffers from post-2000 "Digital Learning Curve" syndrome.

Only online (formerly on Hulu) or through other means. Or importing the blu-rays.

The blu-rays finally come out at the end of the month.

So, did the series originally have widescreen?  I don't think it did.

If it didn't, the only reason it could, would be if it simply zoomed in enough to make it widescreen.

If that's the case, I'd rather maintain aspect ratio but keep the HD treatment, instead of zooming in and losing some of the visual.  It's what FXX is doing with it's airings of The Simpsons (zooming in).

wait...that bit of silence. Batou said "shit", but we can say "shit" on toonami now. why was it still muted out?

probably an oversight, Turner decensored the word Shit, maybe when this dub was being edited for Toonami the editors weren't aware Turner removed the word from their list of censored words

i always thoght, when watching this episode in particular, is that this is what happens when ninjas are brought into a modern setting. i like stylized ninjas in the city as much as anyone else, but ninjas like this intrigue me just as much.

I'm totally with that sentiment. Post modern dystopian ninjas

So, did the series originally have widescreen?  I don't think it did.

If it didn't, the only reason it could, would be if it simply zoomed in enough to make it widescreen.

If that's the case, I'd rather maintain aspect ratio but keep the HD treatment, instead of zooming in and losing some of the visual.  It's what FXX is doing with it's airings of The Simpsons (zooming in).

It was actually one of the earliest anime shows made for widescreen. Along with Samurai 7 (which was made for HD).

Holy shit, GITS must be popular.  The site usually isn't this slow outside of the DBZ shows.  It took me 5 minutes just get back to the site.

Batou.  I always liked him.  Togasa, too.

And the Tachicomas.  Not too much this episode, but they quickly become the favorites.  Can't wait for their first themed episode.