UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, got my blurays this week.  haven't tested them yet.  Maybe I will tomorrow and give a rundown on quality.

I heard on the Toonami Show Rundown podcast that some company called Anchor Bay botched the Blu-Rays.  Like, scenes go back and forth between Japanese and English or some shit, and they're blocking people that complain about it to them.  You might want to check the Blu-Rays sooner than later.  Just look at these reviews -

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Ghost-in-the-Shell-Stand-Alone-Complex-Blu-ray

I heard on the Toonami Rundown Podcast that some company called Anchor Bay botched the DVDs.  Like, scenes go back and forth between Japanese and English or some shit, and they're blocking people that complain about it to them.  You might want to check the Blu-Rays sooner than later.  Just look at these reviews -

Yeah. In the first ep there's like a 5 second moment toward the end where the dub changes to Japanese and then back again. It's the weirdest error to not catch.

Also, even though Bandai Ent has obviously created real subtitles already it has hearing impaired dubtitles in place of real subs.

At least the video seems quite good.

Hopefully the 2nd Gig set remains error free, I haven't heard any complaints about that one yet and I haven't had time to check mine out yet.

They really need to offer replacements. Anchor Bay and therefore Starz/Manga is owned by Lionsgate, they can totally afford it.

I heard on the Toonami Show Rundown podcast that some company called Anchor Bay botched the Blu-Rays.  Like, scenes go back and forth between Japanese and English or some shit, and they're blocking people that complain about it to them.  You might want to check the Blu-Rays sooner than later.  Just look at these reviews -

On episode 1 "Section 9" on the first blu ray set there is a moment where for 15 seconds or so the English dub track switches to the sub for no reason and it's very jarring apparently (So far it's the only episode with any issues like that but still). There are other errors though like the set only having hearing impaired dubtitles instead of any proper subtitles despite the fact the old bandi dvds had proper subtitles. Plus there is no chapter stops at all 

Yeah. In the first ep there's like a 5 second moment toward the end where the dub changes to Japanese and then back again. It's the weirdest error to not catch.

Also, even though Bandai Ent has obviously created real subtitles already it has hearing impaired dubtitles in place of real subs.

At least the video seems quite good.

Hopefully the 2nd Gig set remains error free, I haven't heard any complaints about that one yet and I haven't had time to check mine out yet.

They really need to offer replacements. Anchor Bay and therefore Starz/Manga is owned by Lionsgate, they can totally afford it.

They definitely screwed the pooch.  Not sure how you can fuck up that bad.  Anchor Bay is going to have to come around or have a PR nightmare on their hands.  Replacements pretty much have to be offered.

On episode 1 "Section 9" on the first blu ray set there is a moment where for 15 seconds or so the English dub track switches to the sub for no reason and it's very jarring apparently (So far it's the only episode with any issues like that but still). There are other errors though like the set only having hearing impaired dubtitles instead of any proper subtitles despite the fact the old bandi dvds had proper subtitles. Plus there is no chapter stops at all

And it's one of the most popular US anime like Bebop (which got a really great blu-ray thru Funi), it deserves a good release.

They definitely screwed the pooch.  Not sure how you can fuck up that bad.  Anchor Bay is going to have to come around or have a PR nightmare on their hands.  Replacements pretty much have to be offered.

These are errors almost as bad as the errors on the first DreamWorks Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence dvd

Remember how shitty that was

It's not unheard of (Mill Creek Entertainment offered replacements for the subtitle-problem-riddled-release of Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris).  But they could very well not.

Gonna have to keep track of this.

It's not unheard of (Mill Creek Entertainment offered replacements for the subtitle-problem-riddled-release of Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris).  But they could very well not.

Gonna have to keep track of this.

They pretty much have to.  Fans aren't about to take this lying down.  And it's not like GitS is some smalltime series where they could sweep this under the rug.

if  :420: was legal I'd be doing that too but Fhurer Trump wants to put every  :420: smoker in interment camps now so PPht

Wouldn't stop me.  The only reason I'm not right now is due to job reasons, not because of some pumpkin in the White House.  Man, I could use some dank nugs right about now.

I kinda hope Toonami reruns wolf's rain someday

I used to have such a huge boner for Hige

What made you bring that up?

You know I had actually vowed to never watch Wolf's Rain again, on account of the person I associated it with, but I suppose I'm past that, at this point.

Wouldn't stop me.  The only reason I'm not right now is due to job reasons, not because of some pumpkin in the White House.  Man, I could use some dank nugs right about now.

If Sessions and his goons decide to go after legal weed I'm gonna lose my shit. I hope it backfires on their incompetent asses

anyone else feel like toonami tonight was extra mediocre? nothing really epic i think happened

Yeah, it was pretty low-key night of eps.

Jojo was a pretty good one. As was this ep of GITS.

Everything else was pretty "setup episode" yeah. Though I enjoyed the some of the character building in Unicorn.

Jojo was pretty good. As was this ep of GITS.

Everything else was pretty "setup episode" yeah. Though I enjoyed the some of the character building in Unicorn.

Yeah...I actually paid close attention tonight and it wasn't all that bad just slow