UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you're the only one since Production I.G. is making a sequel series.

They really didn't play FLCL to death.  Bebop and other shows, yes, but not that one, really.  It was played infrequently enough and was like an event, which was fitting given the quality and shortness of the series.

Apparently you're the only one since Production I.G. is making a sequel series.

and one that really wasn't needed plot wise

i guess it just seems like adult swim played it way too much because with so few episodes compared to everything else  it feels more like pointless padding with a show that won't lock down a slot for every long

and one that really wasn't needed plot wise

i guess it just seems like adult swim played it way too much because with so few episodes compared to everything else  it feels more like pointless padding with a show that won't lock down a slot for every long

Wasn't needed plot-wise or anything else-wise.  FLCL was perfect as is.  So can't really see the need for the sequel.  Demarco claims they are going to treat it with respect because they love it... we'll see.  I mean how many times did he hound the creators about making more and they didn't feel there was more story to tell until now?  It's just... ehh. 

Wasn't needed plot-wise or anything else-wise.  FLCL was perfect as is.  So can't really see the need for the sequel.  Demarco claims they are going to treat it with respect because they love it... we'll see.  I mean how many times did he hound the creators about making more and they didn't feel there was more story to tell until now?  It's just... ehh.

why the hell are they so obsessed with FLCL anyways? it's not worthy of being considered god tier by anyone

This ED is still awesome.  And it's awesome to get the full version after hearing it cut down for so many years.

ALSO YES, HOW COULD I FORGET!  PROPER ASPECT RATIO AND FULL HD AT LEAST!

Oh yes, that got discussed during the first episode.

The Blu-ray is available for preorder, due on Tuesday, the 21st. 

I got mine pre-ordered.  wink

why the hell are they so obsessed with FLCL anyways? it's not worthy of being considered god tier by anyone

I dunno man, FLCL is pretty awesome.  But it doesn't need a sequel.  It's like making a sequel to Cowboy Bebop.  Fuck, I hope Demarco isn't reading this [or already had this thought]. >_>

Oh yes, that got discussed during the first episode.

The Blu-ray is available for preorder, due on Tuesday, the 21st. 

I got mine pre-ordered.  wink

Glorious!

I dunno' about pre-ordering, but I'll definitely try to buy it at some point if I can.  I've got two or three more big purchases to save my money for before I can just go buying stuff like blu-rays left and right. >_<

Glorious!

I dunno' about pre-ordering, but I'll definitely try to buy it at some point if I can.  I've got two or three more big purchases to save my money for before I can just go buying stuff like blu-rays left and right. >_<

Do it.  Do it.  Do it.

Hell, I gotta find a Nintendo Switch sometime in the next few weeks (and LOZ: Breath of the Wild) as well as having Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition preordered.  But then again, I might be the only board member with an actual career job, no loved ones to suck up income, and money to burn.

I dunno man, FLCL is pretty awesome.  But it doesn't need a sequel.  It's like making a sequel to Cowboy Bebop.  Fuck, I hope Demarco isn't reading this [or already had this thought]. >_>

Yeah, FLCL is awesome.

Heh, I think everyone involved in that show has probably had that thought at one time or another.

I wouldn't really be surprised if it happens some day as an anniversary project, perhaps toward the end of their careers.

Coming up this week: Episode 4

Complex Episodes: The Visual Device will Laugh – INTERCEPTER

6fxqzg4.jpg

Our first complex episode of the series!

On a side note, got my blurays this week.  haven't tested them yet.  Maybe I will tomorrow and give a rundown on quality.