UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

They pretty much have to.  Fans aren't about to take this lying down.  And it's not like GitS is some smalltime series where they could sweep this under the rug.

Since when did most corporations ever care about what the common man wanted?

Hell, I'm wouldn't be surprised if it was labelled as fake news by now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sessions and his goons decide to go after legal weed I'm gonna lose my shit. I hope it backfires on their incompetent asses

I hate to say it, but this was the wake-up call the Dem. voters needed.  They got complacent.  And I'm not blaming them.  It happens every time a party is in power.  The voters who won in the past think they don't need to come out as strong since how could they lose?  Both sides do this near constantly.

I also have little hope for 2018.  Experts are saying they will, at best maintain the losing minority they now have, at worst lose more seats.

But it's really telling of the Republicans character that, during the past eight years, they screamed "State's Rights!" but now they instantly changed their tune to "Federal law trumps state's rights!".  And this coming from the party that supposedly advocates small "big govt.".

it won't, nothing else has

Obamacare is starting to.

It's become the classic case of:

They always voted against it during Obama's tenure, knowing that even if they got the votes, Obama would just veto it.

Now that they have the power, and previously stirred up the electorate, they don't know what to do since replacing it would take health care away from twenty million (and increase costs for still insured) and doing nothing would alienate them from the conservtards that ate up the drivel they spewed out.

Since when did most corporations ever care about what the common man wanted?

Hell, I'm wouldn't be surprised if it was labelled as fake news by now.

Well, we have social media now, which we can use to shame them and shine the sunlight on their shittiness.  If that doesn't work, the least we can do is tell everyone not to buy the discs and everyone who bought them to return them.  A hit to their pocket book might convince them to change their tune.  And if it doesn't, at least they get punished and no one else ends up with busted releases.  I can't see this company getting by with this, though.

They always voted against it during Obama's tenure, knowing that even if they got the votes, Obama would just veto it.

Now that they have the power, and previously stirred up the electorate, they don't know what to do since replacing it would take health care away from twenty million (and increase costs for still insured) and doing nothing would alienate them from the conservtards that ate up the drivel they spewed out.

either way I see no outcome to this that doesn't end with me and millions of other LGBT people being slaughtered

Honestly the the bathroom thing and the weed thing both seem like colossal missteps.  I don't get it.  Especially since Trump himself is not supposed to have any issue with weed legalization or medical use, at least.  It's a waste of resources and causing a distraction.  People are talking about this stuff, and no one is talking about economic nationalism and the other messages the administration wants to get out.

people like me are not people to Straight people and we never will be, I'm like an animal to heterosexuals, my death means nothing to them

they might not actively want to kill me, but if I were killed by someone else, in this case our government, nobody would care, it would be like I never existed at all

Obamacare already increased costs and lessened choice for those already insured, fucked up and rejiggered things completely.  I know it fucked up things for me and a lot of other people I know.  Only people it helped were those too cheap to buy insurance or the ones paradoxically too poor to afford it yet somehow couldn't medicaid. 

The Republicans were supposed to have had something in place to replace it, should they finally be able to repeal it.  If they haven't come up with anything in all this time then that's pretty stupid.  Ryan was supposed to have something.  I don't know.  But, if all else fails, Repeal and Replace may become Repair and Rebrand.  I mean, they already said they were going to keep the good parts of Obamacare, whatever those are...

Honestly the the bathroom thing and the weed thing both seem like colossal missteps.  I don't get it.  Especially since Trump himself is not supposed to have any issue with weed legalization or medical use, at least.  It's a waste of resources and causing a distraction.  People are talking about this stuff, and no one is talking about economic nationalism and the other messages the administration wants to get out.

Ben, how can you still support this guy?!  You voted for him because of jobs.  He was going to bring back jobs to this country that were lost in the past 70 years.  I get it.  I understand.  I'm from one of the swing states that went Trump due simply to his job message.  But where is the Jobs Plan?!  He said that number one priority was Get. Jobs. Back.  All we've seen is an agenda that discriminates against racial and sexual minorities.

Seriously, what the fuck!!????!??!  I gave Trump the benefit of the doubt and thought that he would focus on jobs (which you voted for him for, and I hoped he would focus on).  Instead he's drawing upon the most radical of his statements and seems hell-bent on.  If this trend continues, will there be a point where you and other hesitant Trump voters decide that he was not the guy he sold you on??!?!??!

No, EVERYTHING will backfire! Like it will be impossible to be Republican and respected this time next year. That's how bad they will fuck it up!

The two parties running for the election in 2020 will be the democrats and the Green party!

[wishful thinking]

But nah, Trump gonna get impeached.

Ben, how can you still support this guy?!  You voted for him because of jobs.  He was going to bring back jobs to this country that were lost in the past 70 years.  I get it.  I understand.  I'm from one of the swing states that went Trump due simply to his job message.  But where is the Jobs Plan?!  He said that number one priority was Get. Jobs. Back.  All we've seen is an agenda that discriminates against racial and sexual minorities.

Seriously, what the fuck!!????!??!  I gave Trump the benefit of the doubt and thought that he would focus on jobs (which you voted for him for, and I hoped he would focus on).  Instead he's drawing upon the most radical of his statements and seems hell-bent on.  If this trend continues, will there be a point where you and other hesitant Trump voters decide that he was not the guy he sold you on??!?!??!

anybody who says they voted for Trump because "jobs" is lieing Meilag, they voted for him purely because of Racism and Homophobia

they know he won't provide jobs, they voted for him because they want America to be a white supremacist Utopia, I'll be dead soon and they'll have their wish

in another 100 or so years maybe Gay people will be seen as people, but right now we're seen as a plague

people like me are not people to Straight people and we never will be, I'm like an animal to heterosexuals, my death means nothing to them

they might not actively want to kill me, but if I were killed by someone else, in this case our government, nobody would care, it would be like I never existed at all

You will exist.  Mark my words.  I will see the 2nd American Civil War before I submit to accepting this level of hatred.

You evidently didn't see the meeting with the manufacturing CEOs and some of the other stuff that's went on.  Trump is bringing back jobs and will continue to do so.  It's a quick video.  Point is, he is getting us better trade deals, getting companies to play ball and stay or come back to America, getting rid of regulations that cost us money and jobs, etc.  I'm not aware of any racial discrimination, but as I said already, I believe the bathroom thing is a misstep.  Though if I'm not not misunderstood, the Obama directive wasn't even legally binding, was it?  Securing our border and making the country safer and getting rid of illegal immigration will only do wonders for jobs and the economy.  The same goes for protecting us from radical Islamic terrorists.  No one is going to want to work and spend money if they don't feel safe.  So yeah, there's been a jobs plan, and he's carrying it out.  I don't get the weed thing, either, since again, that's not even supposed to be a position Trump holds.  War on Drugs should be ended.  Redirect those resources elsewhere.  Oh yeah, there's big infrastructure spending planned too.  We saw the folly of not doing enough of this with that dam that just failed.  And after that, they plan to reform the tax code.

What is radical to you might not be radical to me.  And I do agree there have been some missteps.  But, it has only been a month.  We'll see how things go.

anybody who says they voted for Trump because "jobs" is lieing Meilag, they voted for him purely because of Racism and Homophobia

they know he won't provide jobs, they voted for him because they want America to be a white supremacist Utopia, I'll be dead soon and they'll have their wish

in another 100 or so years maybe Gay people will be seen as people, but right now we're seen as a plague

You're delusional.  It's not even worth arguing with you.  And these sort of false accusations, hysteria, and character assassination are exactly why Trump won, and you're only pushing more people to his side with this idiocy.  You're not self-aware and you've learned nothing from the election results, this much is clear.

they know he won't provide jobs, they voted for him because they want America to be a white supremacist Utopia, I'll be dead soon and they'll have their with

Nope.  You're very wrong.  I should know, I live in one those states that turned.  I know people that voted Obama twice and then voted Trump.  To a degree, I understand why my neighbors voted for Trump.  My state was built on manufacturing and is losing it more so each year that goes by. 

Now I don't agree with the plan that Trump says will work, but I see why they pushed the orange button.  What was Hillary's plan?  "All races hold hands and sing Kumbaya"?  "I'm not Trump, vote for me?"  Trump was the only candidate saying that jobs are going bye-bye and that something needs to be done.  The Democratic Party needs to realize this.  There are segments within the party that are crying for not just racial/sexual equality but jobs for those people too.  They understand the circumstances of those states that aren't ocean-front property. 

And seriously?  A majority of the country voted against Trump.  It's simply due the unequal bias of the Electoral College that decided things.  And that apparently tears Trump inside so much that he can't stop bringing the election up.

You evidently didn't see the meeting with the manufacturing CEOs and some of the other stuff that's went on.  Trump is bringing back jobs and will continue to do so.  It's a quick video.  Point is, he is getting us better trade deals, getting companies to play ball and stay or come back to America, getting rid of regulations that cost us money and jobs, etc.  I'm not aware of any racial discrimination, but as I said already, I believe the bathroom thing is a misstep.  Though if I'm not not misunderstood, the Obama directive wasn't even legally binding, was it?  Securing our border and making the country safer and getting rid of illegal immigration will only do wonders for jobs and the economy.  The same goes for protecting us from radical Islamic terrorists.  No one is going to want to work and spend money if they don't feel safe.  So yeah, there's been a jobs plan, and he's carrying it out.  I don't get the weed thing, either, since again, that's not even supposed to be a position Trump holds.  War on Drugs should be ended.  Redirect those resources elsewhere.  Oh yeah, there's big infrastructure spending planned too.  We saw the folly of not doing enough of this with that dam that just failed.  And after that, they plan to reform the tax code.

What is radical to you might not be radical to me.  And I do agree there have been some missteps.  But, it has only been a month.  We'll see how things go.

Your whole statement is nothing more than ill-informed Trump propaganda.  I read the news.  ALL the news.  Not just what I want to hear.  There is no jobs plan in place or one in the works.  There is no better trade deals or better terms for American workers.  There is NOTHING!

Nope.  You're very wrong.  I should know, I live in one those states that turned.  I know people that voted Obama twice and then voted Trump.  To a degree, I understand why my neighbors voted for Trump.  My state was built on manufacturing and is losing it more so each year that goes by. 

Now I don't agree with the plan that Trump says will work, but I see why they pushed the orange button.  What was Hillary's plan?  "All races hold hands and sing Kumbaya"?  "I'm not Trump, vote for me?"  Trump was the only candidate saying that jobs are going bye-bye and that something needs to be done.  The Democratic Party needs to realize this.  There are segments within the party that are crying for not just racial/sexual equality but jobs for those people too.  They understand the circumstances of those states that aren't ocean-front property. 

And seriously?  A majority of the country voted against Trump.  It's simply due the unequal bias of the Electoral College that decided things.  And that apparently tears Trump inside so much that he can't stop bringing the election up.

Not only that, but while liberals supposedly support diversity, they abhor diversity in beliefs, values, opinions, etc.  Just look at Mochi just now.  You dare go against them on anything and you're the worst kind of evil on the earth.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  That's not going to win anyone over to their side.  You know if Joe Lieberman ever got the nomination I'd probably vote for him.

Not sure if you realized, but this country isn't a democracy.  It's a constitutional republic.  Having pure democracy leads to tyranny of the majority and mob rule.  Things for example, like prop 8, which I'm sure you weren't in favor of.  This is also why we have the Senate and the House.  House is proportional representation, Senate is equal representation.  Things like this and the electoral college make it more fair.  And something tells me you wouldn't be complaining it if it went the other direction. 

http://www.economist.com/node/15127600

You really need to educate yourself and be careful of what you are wishing for if you think getting rid of the electoral college is a good idea.  And again, if it was an election on pure majority, Trump would have adjusted his strategy accordingly and still won.  And let's not forget all the illegals that vote Democrat.  That's why they want amnesty.  It's more to have an indefinite welfare under-class that lockstep votes for them and keeps them in power than actually caring about these people.  Let's be real.  Not racist to oppose illegal immigration, either, given what those people do to this country's economy, jobs, wages, and its citizens directly, not to mention most Hispanics oppose illegal immigration.

Your whole statement is nothing more than ill-informed Trump propaganda.  I read the news.  ALL the news.  Not just what I want to hear.  There is no jobs plan in place or one in the works.  There is no better trade deals or better terms for American workers.  There is NOTHING!

I follow all the news as well.  You clearly aren't paying attention or have selective standards or listening, or don't believe the plans he has or what he is doing is actually being put into action.  It's clearly all just made up, right?

Or perhaps you just simply don't believe that what Trump is doing is going to work.  Which is fair enough.  We'll see though.  I mean, what Obama was doing clearly wasn't working.  It's idiotic to do more of the same.

Not only that, but while liberals supposedly support diversity, they abhor diversity in beliefs, values, opinions, etc.  Just look at Mochi just now.  You dare go against  them on anything and you're the worst kind of evil on the earth.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  That's not going to win anyone over to their side.  You know if Joe Lieberman ever got the nomination I'd probably vote for him.

Not sure if you realized, but this country isn't a democracy.  It's a constitutional republic.  Having pure democracy leads to tyranny of the majority and mob rule.  Things for example, like prop 8, which I'm sure you weren't in favor of.  This is also why we have the Senate and the House.  House is proportional representation, Senate is equal representation.  Things like this and the electoral college make it more fair.  And something tells me you wouldn't be complaining it if it went the other direction. 

http://www.economist.com/node/15127600

You really need to educate yourself and be careful of what you are wishing for if you think getting rid of the electoral college is a good idea.  And again, if it was an election on pure majority, Trump would have adjusted his strategy accordingly and still won.  And let's not forget all the illegals that vote Democrat.  That's why they want amnesty.  It's more to have an indefinite welfare under-class that lockstep votes for them and keeps them in power than actually caring about these people.  Let's be real.  Not racist to oppose illegal immigration, either, given what those people do to this country's economy, jobs, wages, and its citizens directly, not to mention most Hispanics oppose illegal immigration.

Maye you should educate yourself.  And I say that as someone who is well-educated and has a successful career.  Whereas you, at least last we heard, was an unemployed Trump voter who lost their minimum wage job due to going on a very public tirade against Obama while at work.

I love the whole "Dems hate my values" argument that typically stems from people who want to discriminate others.  So I will say yes.  Yes, I do discriminate against people who discriminate. 

The Electoral College doesn't make it fair.  That system was implemented to give favoritism to certain states. 

Illegals voting?  Provide evidence.  Which, by the way, is the same statement made by both parties in all levels of govt. against the Trump administration.

Frankly, since you have gone on record saying you don't  pay too much attention to government dealings, you're opinion is less than dirt to me.

Maye you should educate yourself.  And I say that as someone who is well-educated and has a successful career.  Whereas you, at least last we heard, was an unemployed Trump voter who lost their minimum wage job due to going on a very public tirade against Obama while at work.

I love the whole "Dems hate my values" argument that typically stems from people who want to discriminate others.  So I will say yes.  Yes, I do discriminate against people who discriminate. 

The Electoral College doesn't make it fair.  That system was implemented to give favoritism to certain states. 

Illegals voting?  Provide evidence.  Which, by the way, is the same statement made by both parties in all levels of govt. against the Trump administration.

Frankly, since you have gone on record saying you don't  pay too much attention to government dealings, you're opinion is less than dirt to me.

I educate myself plenty.  There's plenty to be learned if you just look, read, observe.

So you discriminate against people that hate ISIS and MS-13?  Okay, then.  If you want to sympathize with criminals and terrorists, be my guests.  And even the ones that aren't criminals, are siphoning off benefits, taking jobs, driving down wages.  We can barely take care of our own people, much less people that illegally break into our country.  These illegals are treated better than our veterans.  It's sickening, disgusting, and those days are over.

You obviously didn't read the article.  Pure democracy results in mob rule and tyranny of the majority.  It leads to the majority voting away the rights of the minority, for example.  Not really sure how it shows favoritism since the most populous states are still important.  You obviously don't know much about history or the form of government this country has, and why it has the form of government it has.  It's not a democracy, and there's good reason for that.  And as I said, you wouldn't care at all if Hillary won the electoral and lost the popular.  So spare me this bullshit.

I had gone on record as saying I wasn't following government and political stuff as closely for a while, because I was getting sick of the bullshit.  I think I'm entitled to that.  That election went on forever.  Doesn't mean I didn't follow things closely before that time, and after I got over being burned out, I started following closely again.

Well, they don't have to provide ID so what is to stop them from voting? And this is to say nothing of all the dead people that voted and people that voted in multiple places.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/noncitizens-voting-violations-and-u-s-elections

Well, then maybe democracy wouldn't be so great. I don't know what form of government is ideal. I guess I'll just go with "sapiocracy" or rule by smart people.

Would be far better than the idiocracy-in-the-making we've got right now! Plus if you ask me, it's the scientists who wrote papers about climate change who should be making the policy decisions!

Hopefully they wouldn't be so corrupt they'd do something like implant surveillance cameras in peoples' brains, just bringing it home to the topic of the thread!

So, in related news, has anyone else seen the previews for the GITS movie?

It looks pretty horrible.

It looks like they completely abandoned the basics of the series in exchange for a re-release of "Lucy":

lucy-poster-.png

someone needs to tell Hollywood to stop casting Scar-jo in everything

especially not as an asian woman

what next are they gonna put her in black-face and act like that's totally okay because "insert insane troll logic about how she's secretly a robot who just looks like a white woman in black face"?