UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

In what way?

My theory is that the game finished in a manner that was so grossly incompetent that people making picks were robbed of a situation where the game was played in a fair manner. If it had been a marginal call I would have scored it normally, however the call was blown so badly that it rendered the outcome of the game unfair in my view. Therefore, in the absence of a neutral outcome to the NFC game, it would be unfair of me to award points for the game to those who picked the Rams in good faith and thereby punish those who picked the Saints in good faith only to be victimized by a questionable outcome due to terrible officiating. 

So, rather than deny those who picked the Rams in good faith the five points they earned, I instead chose to award everyone the five points, since I doubt anyone would have picked the Saints if they had known that the refs were going to make a catastrophically shitty call that pretty clearly factored into the final score.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

were #1 most hated.

i love how romo was calling the exact plays the pats were gonna go for and all the 3rd down. the refs were bad for both games but the chiefs deserve to lose that game. that offside that negated the interception with under a minute left was the most boneheaded play of the day. once it went to OT it really came down to the flip of the coin. 

Romo knew exactly how Brady was going to rip apart the Chiefs D. 

I really have to wonder how long it is until he gets a coaching job. Hes just to damn good at that. 

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

In what way?

My theory is that the game finished in a manner that was so grossly incompetent that people making picks were robbed of a situation where the game was played in a fair manner. If it had been a marginal call I would have scored it normally, however the call was blown so badly that it rendered the outcome of the game unfair in my view. Therefore, in the absence of a neutral outcome to the NFC game, it would be unfair of me to award points for the game to those who picked the Rams in good faith and thereby punish those who picked the Saints in good faith only to be victimized by a questionable outcome due to terrible officiating. 

So, rather than deny those who picked the Rams in good faith the five points they earned, I instead chose to award everyone the five points, since I doubt anyone would have picked the Saints if they had known that the refs were going to make a catastrophically shitty call that pretty clearly factored into the final score.

Bad officiating, for better or worse, is part of the game.  By your rational, any time i feel that i was denied a win because of call i feel is egrious, i should be able to petition for those points.  Like i said, it's your game so you can make the rules, but it's bad policy to make rule exceptions for reasons other than an error in the administration of the game.

8 hours ago, Ginguy said:

So, apparently the commissioner's office can order the teams to replay the entire game, or just the game from the point of the blown call onward.

It won't happen because the NFL is determined to have an LA fan base (even though it never worked out when the rams were there before).

Bullshit call and the Saints deserve better.

Chiefs just fucked the pooch, you don't give Brady a chance, ever.

I'm fairly positive the announcers said after the first down from the penalty the saints would be able to run the clock down to only 4 seconds and then attempt the field goal

I also saw on reddit that some Eye Center in Louisiana is offering free exams and glasses to all NFL officials up until the start of next season

8 hours ago, DoubleDoink said:

fuck tom brady

Aside from Deflate Gate I have nothing but respect for the dude, he's good at what he does, and Belichick is a Defensive Guru

It's just like 92% of Patriots fans are obnoxious douche bots who only show their faces when they've won a SB

5 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I cannot put into a hate filled rant how much I think trump is a dumbass

That being said this is a Sports thread, so I try to leave that stuff out of here

Well, I wouldn't bring it up except for Brady has supported Trump in his capacity as a Patriot.  What one does outside the locker room  is its own thing and Belichek is smart enough to know that.  Brady, however, brought it into the locker room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i think its fine to discuss politics as long as its nfl related, seeing how the two subjects are often intertwined. that said brady's open support of trump is just another reason to hate on the man. also i really hate that he will be remembered as the all time goat for the rest of our lives. 

Well, we're not talking about something like the National Anthem because that isn't inherently political.  Those players were bringing attention to something that I would characterize as being a legitimate human right issue, at least in the respect that it didn't just affect them personally but in a way that supersedes any personal condition.  The last thing anyone wants is a setting where first amendment rights are impinged upon, but there are certain things that deserve scorn even if there is a right to express them.  Standing up for the suppression of men and women because of their race is too important an issue to deserve scorn.  Standing up for a D-List celebrity who lies to people and has not conscience does.

4 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

I don't deny they came back, but you can't deny that if that shit got called the rams would have gone home. 

My boy Nickel said as much.  You also would be facing a 4-point deficit at that point if the face mask had been called on the previous series.

36 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The worst part is that Brady looked like shit for the entirety of that game, but the Pats still came through.  That's why all this talk about Brady overstates how important Belichek is to that team.

The worst part is, is that I gotta look at Bitch Brady all over the news for a week and then all year listen to asshole pats fans talking about how he’s the GOAT and when he gargles Trump’s nuts he only fondles the tip

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1