UnevenEdge

Seasoned pork

1938 Packard

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Looks just like your steaks... like burnt animal fat.

It's not uncommon for meats to have fat around the edges.  Most people chop it off.  I leave it on.

Try the other post titled, "pork pork pork".  Less fat on that dish.  Different cut, more lean.

51 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Reference above post.

Cast iron skillet

I'm not very fond of cast iron... just a maintenance headache.  Stainless steel, no Teflon or other coatings inside.  Thick, copper bottom plate to evenly distribute heat.  Add butter to avoid scorching and sticking.

32 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

I'm not very fond of cast iron... just a maintenance headache.  Stainless steel, no Teflon or other coatings inside.  Thick, copper bottom plate to evenly distribute heat.  Add butter to avoid scorching and sticking.

Hope you're using that butter at low temps. It has a low burning point.

52 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Hope you're using that butter at low temps. It has a low burning point.

When preheating the pan, toss a few drops of water on it.  If the water starts skating like ball bearings, the pan is hot enough.  Lower the gas flame to its minimum before adding the butter.  This reduces the risk of butter reaching its flash point.  But, keep some baking soda nearby as an added precaution.

14 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I figured given the oven looks surprisingly clean.

run a google image search for "old south coca cola pork loin" and for kicks, check the link on the image he posted. i can't imagine he was actually trying to pass that off as his own creation, but it's packard so who knows.

13 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

run a google image search for "old south coca cola pork loin" and for kicks, check the link on the image he posted. i can't imagine he was actually trying to pass that off as his own creation, but it's packard so who knows.

Actually, I just said the Coca Cola pork was "different", not that it was mine.

32 minutes ago, Derrick Foreal said:

I keep looking at that pic and I keep thinking....Why....Why was he convinced that what he had done was correct

I don't get why he slaps that sauce on every piece of meat he eats. He cooks food like an alien trying to pass as human.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I don't get why he slaps that sauce on every piece of meat he eats. He cooks food like an alien trying to pass as human.

Well he's obviously just now teaching himself to cook because no way anyone with any experience in the kitchen does this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derrick Foreal said:

Well he's obviously just now teaching himself to cook because no way anyone with any experience in the kitchen does this.

I don't think we're helping him too well on this journey of discovery, though.

You know, I used to cook like a fucking idiot when I was younger. Even went so far as to take pictures of the dishes I was proud of, for some reason. They are hilarious compared to what I do nowadays. 

Good luck with that plate of what I can only assume is Xenomorph diarrhea. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...