UnevenEdge

FLCL 2 AND 3 TRAILER, DUBBED

The1gairon

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

Why April Fools?  This concerns June and September.

June 2nd is the official date for Progressive? I must've missed that one.

FLCL should be rerunning but forgetting Bebop's there, there's an extra week with nothing at 3:30 am. 

9db806bd85063a80dbe28af61f2508de.png

Edited by korosu

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Well it's been like 18 years. Ya gotta expect some changes in Kari's voice.

Not to mention Haruko was Kari's first anime role ever (and Mamimi was Stephanie Sheh's), so it's only expected there'd be some evolution in there.

36 minutes ago, korosu said:

FLCL should be rerunning but forgetting Bebop's there, there's an extra week with nothing at 3:30 am. 

9db806bd85063a80dbe28af61f2508de.png

...Why in the world would you assume that double Bebop is gonna be a thing past this week?

Hell, why isn't most of March 31st blacked out with a space dedicated to April Fools' stunts?

7 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Not to mention Haruko was Kari's first anime role ever (and Mamimi was Stephanie Sheh's), so it's only expected there'd be some evolution in there.

...Why in the world would you assume that double Bebop is gonna be a thing past this week?

Hell, why isn't most of March 31st blacked out with a space dedicated to April Fools' stunts?

this is to show what would happen without april fools'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Also announced: June 2nd at 11:30. So, it at least DISplaces Black Clover!

I have no idea where this date came from, so it's not official to me. Maybe the ANN writer made it up out of thin air. However, Ghost in the Shell does end the weekend before Memorial Day, so that would be the easiest show to replace.

1 minute ago, Blatch said:

I have no idea where this date came from, so it's not official to me. Maybe the ANN writer made it up out of thin air. However, Ghost in the Shell does end the weekend before Memorial Day, so that would be the easiest show to replace.

• Like 1

Kari's voice for Haruko has definitely changed, but I think I can get used to it. 

June 2 for the Season 2 premiere makes sense.  Assuming they start on April 7, that gives them 8 weeks, one of which will be a marathon for Memorial Day.  Hell, if they were so inclined they could probably just hold off on airing FLCL until Memorial Day itself, and have that for the marathon.

• Like 3

okay, yeah, I'm here for it,

that said

this is looking like a counterpart to Darling in the Frankxx......but without all the sex

which I'm even more here for because based on what I've seen that show would be better without the part of the storyline where their mechs are piloted tandem by hetero teenage couples who need to fuck to make the robot move

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Kari's voice for Haruko has definitely changed, but I think I can get used to it. 

June 2 for the Season 2 premiere makes sense.  Assuming they start on April 7, that gives them 8 weeks, one of which will be a marathon for Memorial Day.  Hell, if they were so inclined they could probably just hold off on airing FLCL until Memorial Day itself, and have that for the marathon.

would be cool, but they would probably want to have one last kai marathon, so i'm not expecting that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mochi said:

okay, yeah, I'm here for it,

that said

this is looking like a counterpart to Darling in the Frankxx......but without all the sex

which I'm even more here for because based on what I've seen that show would be better without the part of the storyline where their mechs are piloted tandem by hetero teenage couples who need to fuck to make the robot move

So this is even more pointless than I originally thought it was.  Good to know FLCL 2, Electric Boogaloo is the most pointless sequel in a history of them.

Just now, Jman said:

So this is even more pointless than I originally thought it was.  Good to know FLCL 2, Electric Boogaloo is the most pointless sequel in a history of them.

so you think shows aren't worth watching unless they include girls grinding their butts against boy's crotches in the cockpit of a robot?

14 minutes ago, mochi said:

so you think shows aren't worth watching unless they include girls grinding their butts against boy's crotches in the cockpit of a robot?

FLCL 2 was already completely pointless, now trying to be another show without the fan service ups the pointlessness to 12.

16 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

It was nice to hear Kari as Haruko again, but hearing the entire trailer being narrated in FLCL quotes isn't doing much to dissuade me from thinking the sequel will just be a tribute act that [as] forced back into existence.

Whelp, here's to hoping it'll be good!

New director, new writer, and an overuse of recycled material.....

Not going to hold my breath on this. I might just rewatch the original since I may very well get the same thing out of it minus the cashgrab.

1 hour ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Some would say that Aliens is a pointless sequel too.  Just because there's no need for a sequel doesn't mean it won't be good.  I'll wait to judge it until after I see it.

Then it needs a line at least this awesome:

... that Japanese promo is a TAD better! As usual, Americans get the 2nd best. :P

So we now have more information. The story with the headphones girl and the badass-looking woman is Alternative, that will premiere in September.  I am looking forward to that one a bit more than Progressive.  I really hope they don't just repeat the same story beats from the first show and actually do something new or a new twist on it other than "the star is a GIRL now!" or "THAT girl has headphones this time!" or "Haruka's got a rival!"  Actually, the badass woman being Haruka's rival sounds like a good idea.

Also I notice we get Progressive A FEW MONTHS BEFORE the Japanese do! BOOYAH!!  Each of these seasons will be edited into a long movie, which will run in Japanese theaters.

Edited by elfie

6 hours ago, naraku360 said:

New director, new writer, and an overuse of recycled material.....

Not going to hold my breath on this. I might just rewatch the original since I may very well get the same thing out of it minus the cashgrab.

New writer and director?  Then what is the point?  How is this "from the original creators?"

The girl with the headphones has some modern anime cliche design cues.

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I already figured headphones girl was Progressive. The ANN article for the promo actually has plot summaries for Progressive and Alternative.

Why did they use her in all the promo material if she's in the second part?  And so does this mean the 2 seasons don't have anything to do with each other?  I didn't get that impression at all.

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

....Why in the world would you assume that double Bebop is gonna be a thing past this week?

Because Demarco is a sick man.

12 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I already figured headphones girl was Progressive. The ANN article for the promo actually has plot summaries for Progressive and Alternative.

Interesting. The Japanese trailer clearly separates the two stories into their own sections. That's whre I got it from.

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Why did they use her in all the promo material if she's in the second part?  And so does this mean the 2 seasons don't have anything to do with each other?  I didn't get that impression at all.

Because if you read the title of this trailer it's a "combo trailer" for both stories.  It's clearer in the videos' YouTube upload.'

Indeed.  Months ago, Toonami said the two seasons have nothing to do with each other except for Haruka and Atomsk.  Though how much of that is true remains to be seen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

New writer and director?  Then what is the point?  How is this "from the original creators?"

The girl with the headphones has some modern anime cliche design cues.

The point is WS always had a boner for FLCL so getting to animate their glorified fanfic is a dream come true.

• Like 1