UnevenEdge

FLCL 2 AND 3 TRAILER, DUBBED

The1gairon

11 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It isn't really their fanfic if it's a Japanese guy doing all the script and composition for it. ¬¬

.... very good point. I mean I wonder if they be able to GET the same kind of sexual context that the first OVA had since this time it will have a very American presence in its marketing. Literally EVERYTHING in the first OVA had a sex-related theme going on, if only underneath subtle disguises!  America is a very politically correct and PC country.  That's what I'm worried about. That this sequel won't be as exciting to watch and think over. (also the animation so far doesn;t look as good)

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I believe Black Clover will be moving UP to 11 following the DBZ hour at 10 and 10:30, and something else will take Kai's spot in late June or early July.

I posted a tweet saying they're confirmed to air FLCL at 11:30 PM. 

This means that if Black Clover does move up, it would only be at 11, and push one of the DBZ shows down to 12:00.

Edited by elfie

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

.... very good point. I mean I wonder if they be able to GET the same kind of sexual context that the first OVA had since this time it will have a very American presence in its marketing. Literally EVERYTHING in the first OVA had a sex-related theme going on, if only underneath subtle disguises!  America is a very politically correct and PC country.  That's what I'm worried about. That this sequel won't be as exciting to watch and think over. (also the animation so far doesn;t look as good)

So it’s going to be shit then.

Our shows have tons of sex, but only on Netflix and HBO.  That’s why the win all the awards.  Because of the sex.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I believe Black Clover will be moving UP to 11 following the DBZ hour at 10 and 10:30, and something else will take Kai's spot in late June or early July.

They're not going to expand the block for that when Ghost in the Shell ends two weeks before. Everything should move down after Memorial Day.

Speaking of which, if they preempt it for the April Fool's schedule, that would leave it with 8 episodes to air in seven normal weeks before the next holiday. They could rerun the original FLCL for six of them and then double up on GiTS for the last week just like with Bebop.

• Like 1

Hell yeah, Kari Wahlgren, welcome home! :)

Seeing those visuals and hearing Haruko again gave me so much hype.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, elfie said:

Well it's been like 18 years. Ya gotta expect some changes in Kari's voice.

Yup, she's also playing a slightly older version of her character even crashing Earth as a teacher (LOL) in the synopsis, so she and the voice director may be tweaking it on purpose, and even then her "It takes an idiot to do cool things, and that's why it's cool." line at the end sounded very, very much like how she would have said it back then. :)

Edited by DangerMouse

I guess they could just finish off Kai at Midnight. I honestly hadn't thought of that.

I guess it also depends on if they desire to keep JoJo at Midnight. If so, then that means Black Clover could fall to 12:30 if no expansion. But to be fair, we don't even know for sure if JoJo will still be at Midnight in April once Cowboy Bebop ends! Unless the new show is a 1:30 show, I don't see how it can be! I'm assuming one of the new shows is truly new and the other is a classic. It would be kinda neat, for instance, if they did this, assuming Re:Zero IS one of the new shows:

April 7: 10:30 DBS; 11 DBZK; 11:30 Re:Zero hour-long special; 12:30 JoJo; 1 Gundam; 1:30 HxH; 2 Shippuden; 2:30 Classic; 3 Dandy 3:30 GITS

April 14: Same, but Black Clover returns at either 11:30 or Midnight and Re:Zero goes back to 30 minutes.

Hey, it's not like Tokyo Ghoul didn't take a break when JoJo was doubled-up last year so we could get to AOT S2 faster!

Edited by OwlChemist81

On 3/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, korosu said:

Based on this trailer moreso than the English one, I'm maybe more interested in the 3rd over the 2nd season. With the amount of references to the original and the lack of crossover from the staff of the old one makes me still skeptical, but at least S3 looks reminiscent of FLCL.... Stylistically, S2 just looks off, it looks a bit too nornal. Either way, we'll see. 

something else I wanna mention (I wanted to mention it earlier but you guys always give me hell for it)

is the girl In FLCL 2 and 3 a lesbian?......because last time things popped out of someones head it was a Metaphor for blossoming sexuality and was meant as a metaphor for Naota having feelings for Haruko

and it largely looks like the exact same Dynamic in FLCL 2&3....except Haruko is targeting a girl

Edited by mochi

5 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

The only girl in both sequels is Haruko. The other MC is different for Progressive and Alternative.

Either that or you made a really bad grammatical mistake.

the girl with the brown bob hair cut

image.thumb.png.e890356b2221d6df8d9ca954759019f8.png

her

5 hours ago, mochi said:

something else I wanna mention (I wanted to mention it earlier but you guys always give me hell for it)

is the girl In FLCL 2 and 3 a lesbian?......because last time things popped out of someones head it was a Metaphor for blossoming sexuality and was meant as a metaphor for Naota having feelings for Haruko

and it largely looks like the exact same Dynamic in FLCL 2&3....except Haruko is targeting a girl

...... holy shit you're onto something.  *__*

On 3/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, Jman said:

The point is WS always had a boner for FLCL so getting to animate their glorified fanfic is a dream come true.

Toonami sold us a bill of goods.  It's like when they called Samurai Champloo a premiere, or said that Space Dandy was from the "creators of Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist," rofl.

Hey Demarco -

On 3/21/2018 at 12:22 PM, elfie said:

PC culture lost the culture war and is on its way out.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:53 PM, Blatch said:

They're not going to expand the block for that when Ghost in the Shell ends two weeks before. Everything should move down after Memorial Day.

Speaking of which, if they preempt it for the April Fool's schedule, that would leave it with 8 episodes to air in seven normal weeks before the next holiday. They could rerun the original FLCL for six of them and then double up on GiTS for the last week just like with Bebop.

Whenever they move the whole schedule it confuses viewers and nukes the ratings.  We've seen this time and again.  That would also go against their creedo of not messing with the schedule too much.  Something ASA never had the sense to adhere to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mochi said:

If it's even the same metaphor.  And even then, just because it's about blossoming sexuality doesn't mean the person has to be attracted to Haruko.  Didn't Naota have an attraction to the other girls, too?

And how can you even tell who the main character is from that?  The way it came across to me is that there will be multiple people getting hit by guitars and not just the one person.  So it might be a team, and therefore ensemble cast.

23 hours ago, mochi said:

I'm less interested in LBGTQ implications than I am the fact that this would seem to mark Toonami's return to "girl power" shows with strong female protagonists outside of Ghost In The Shell. One could argue it was mostly a boys' club in 2016 and 2017, though AOT and IBO had some strong female supporting characters. FLCL 2/3 seem like they will "lean female" and maybe if we get Re:Zero or Sailor Moon Crystal to go along with that, the "girl power" sub-block might return! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm less interested in LBGTQ implications than I am the fact that this would seem to mark Toonami's return to "girl power" shows with strong female protagonists outside of Ghost In The Shell. One could argue it was mostly a boys' club in 2016 and 2017, though AOT and IBO had some strong female supporting characters. FLCL 2/3 seem like they will "lean female" and maybe if we get Re:Zero or Sailor Moon Crystal to go along with that, the "girl power" sub-block might return! 

well good, I've wanted Sailor Moon back since Toonami returned!

that said that's not likely because Hulu exclusivity

Edited by mochi

4 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

Although the trailer has me doubting to a degree, for now I'll trust the creators.  Trailers almost never show the real goods.

I'm not expecting it to be as good as the original but it has Got to be better than Black Clover

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mochi said:

well everyone except Jman who's saying it sucks before he's even seen it

My reverence for the original coupled with my heavy dislike of WS' fanboying over the show to make a sequel, and the absence of all the original staff do not leave me with confidence.  

Just now, Jman said:

Am I wrong?  I'm not going "BLAH BLAH FLCL sucks!" because the original was great.  This is just pointless.

I can't with 100% certainty guarentee you're wrong but you're sorta ruining everyone's fun by being so dang grouchy about it

16 hours ago, mochi said:

I'm not expecting it to be as good as the original but it has Got to be better than Black Clover

I mostly agree with him. The director and writing staff are all different. Doesn't appear to have so much as a single crossover staff member of noteworthy significance, unless you count the Pillows who we've only heard recycled tracks from the original out of. Bringing them and returning voice actors back won't mean a whole lot if it's no more than a tacky cash grab.

Like, no guarantee it will be, but the lack of any staff connection makes it highly suspect.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah it's been a while since SAO1 and 2, Michiko & Hatchin, Black Lagoon, etc.  I would make an argument for Hellsing as well.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 2:35 PM, elfie said:

I never been this happy to see a Youtube ad playing before a video!! ;)

I haven't seen it.  But then I don't regularly watch any anime-related channels.  Most of the channels I watch use Patreon, sell merch, or use in-video "brought to you by."  That and unless I see it on my phone, ads are blocked.  But, good to see Toonami actually advertise outside of Adult Swim!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

I mostly agree with him. The director and writing staff are all different. Doesn't appear to have so much as a single crossover staff member of noteworthy significance, unless you count the Pillows who we've only heard recycled tracks from the original out of. Bringing them and returning voice actors back won't mean a whole lot if it's no more than a tacky cash grab.

Like, no guarantee it will be, but the lack of any staff connection makes it highly suspect.

Actually that one first song they ran in the first teaser is new.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:18 AM, mochi said:

According to Mal there are literally more than 5000 anime better than Black Clover. That's a lot of anime. It would actually be more difficult to make something worse than BC than to make something better.

Yeah my confidence is not high for this but I'm definitely going to watch it. The original was only 6 episodes and managed to catch lightning in a bottle and become successful despite not really having much in the way of a coherent plot. Expanding that to multiple full length seasons without the original team is... iffy.

• Haha 1