UnevenEdge

what was the last thing you ate

Katya_Hiki

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a meatball sub.

I've never had  one before, mostly because I find the idea abhorrent. Meatballs are barely tolerable on pasta, they have no place on a sandwich. "Oh het you guys, let's take this perfectly edible piece of seasoned meat, grind it up and throw some bread crumbs in it for good measure, and then instead of distributing it evenly through the meal, lets just stick it in big clumps."

The fuck are you thinking? And then you throw that shit in as the meat component of a sandwich? Are you a lunatic? You know the reason why most sandwich meat is cut in big slices? it's to ensure bread coverage. You just don't get that with a meatball.

"Oh, but the marinara sauce and cheese!" you say, pretending that your argument isn't as weak as the sauce and cheese combo that barely contains the meat globs poking through the bread of your sub.

If you get a meatball sandwich, it will fall on you. I'd say it was the sloppy joe of sandwiches, but...  

I found it surprisingly tolerable at points during the whole of my experience consuming it; occasionally I would hit a section of the atrocity where I hit the appropriate balance of sauce, cheese, meat, seasoning, and various other condiments, but these moments were infrequent. I mean they weren't rare, of course; one out of every three bites or so was pretty dang tasty, and the quest to find the next good bit kept me chomping along at the rest of it.

So I mean I guess it works as a consumable food item, but not one I would wish to partake of frequently.