UnevenEdge

What Horror Movie/Show Are You Watching Right Now?

DragonSinger

On 10/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, DragonSinger said:

Ghost Ship. I somehow forgot how this movie begins.

I can't watch that movie. I've watched it once, and the beginning messed me up.

It was too brutal for my liking. I wanted to love that movie, but I don't really remember much after being scarred for life with the beginning. 

However, I would like to see a season of American Horror Story that revolves around a ghost ship.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:40 PM, DragonSinger said:

Adding shows to this because I'm curious about those too. I'm just starting Midnight Mass on Netflix. 

It's hard to judge this. The acting was good

Spoiler

(Bev made me want to flay her), but it felt too drawn out for me.

Spoiler

As far as more natural emotional reactions to a similar situation unfolding in a small town, I feel like Shiki did a better job of it. Since I'm seeing in social media comments that both shows had inspiration from Salem's Lot, I'm gonna look for that miniseries.

I watched Green Room and House (1977).

I gave Green Room a good score, but it’s an ok thriller. I think I would’ve liked it more if I was told it was an action thriller. People kept saying it was horror, but it’s got more in common with Red Eye than survival horror. 

Now House, that was an amazing one. Love how low-budget it was so that they had to do more practical SFX for the off-the-wall psychedelic imagery. It really felt like a demented fever dream. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2023 at 4:10 PM, DragonSinger said:

After I get adulting out of the way, I'm about to start the Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

I knew that one death was gonna make me cry hard. Madeline was a really interesting character. One thing about the flashbacks is you see Frauderick as a boy, and you get to see how much his father fucked him up into becoming who he was at the end. I also really liked seeing Carla Gugino in that role. It showed off her range nicely.

Edited by DragonSinger