UnevenEdge

What Horror Movie/Show Are You Watching Right Now?

DragonSinger

Right now, I'm in the middle of re-watching Child's Play.

Watching this movie reminds me of a fellow Horror fan, who I became friends with years ago.

When the SoapNet forum still existed 10 years ago, she told me that the original movie was filmed on her street in Chicago.

It has been a few years, since we last talked to each other.

Since she was battling Sarcoidosis just before SoapNet shut down 7 years ago, I don't know if she's dead or still alive. I sent her e-mails a few times over the last year or so.

Every time I would send them, my messages would bounce back to me. Therefore, I assume that she's dead.:(

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
18 hours ago, Chapinator-800 said:

The Witch. It was nice and atmospheric even if it wasn’t as scary or unsettling as I would’ve hoped. 

I've been meaning to watch that. Some swear by it being terrifying while others have told me it is just not very good or scary. I guess I should watch it and decide for myself.

27 minutes ago, DBZ4ever said:

I've been meaning to watch that. Some swear by it being terrifying while others have told me it is just not very good or scary. I guess I should watch it and decide for myself.

It’s a good movie, but it works better knowing that it was based on old diaries. It gave me a better appreciation for it knowing that the story in the film would be the kind of urban legend that would be used to discourage people from going into the woods. 

It gets lumped in with horror, but it’s more ominous than scary because you’re dealing with eerie music and the occult creeping its way into a household. But The Witch does a better job at building dread than being terrifying. 

• 2 weeks later...

The most recent thing I can think of would be Dark Man. I know it's a bit of an action and drama, but I think it has enough of a horror aspect to count.

I've also recently re-watched the original Pet Cemetery, Evil Dead 1 and 2, and Club Dread. I feel like there's another movie but I'm not thinking of it.

Plan on watching the Pet Cemetery reboot later today or tomorrow.

On 9/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, DBZ4ever said:

Finally watched The Witch the other day. It wasn't scary but I did find it entertaining. That whole time period with their superstitions has always fascinated me. I love the story of Sleepy Hollow for a similar reason albeit not the exact same time period but in the general area.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

you-poor-thing-poor-fellow.gif.8daf55bf8ff7ec0131a195c4f0fd33dd.gif

Actually, watching the unriffed ones takes me back to my childhood, when we'd watch Monster Movie Matinee  and Chiller Theater, and try to figure out the special effects. Plus, my mother loved giant bug and/or lizard movies, and she'd always watch with us. So it's not as awful as it may seem.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mthor said:

Actually, watching the unriffed ones takes me back to my childhood, when we'd watch Monster Movie Matinee  and Chiller Theater, and try to figure out the special effects. Plus, my mother loved giant bug and/or lizard movies, and she'd always watch with us. So it's not as awful as it may seem.

Just finishing watching it and my God that was brutal. I think I'll do Earth vs. The Sipder Next

Edited by Kudasai
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

Just finishing watching it and my God that was brutal. I I'll do Earth vs. The Sipder Next

Good luck and Godspeed.

( At least you're not watching Manos: The Hands of Fate)

Edited by mthor

You're Next. I was about to start dissing this movie because the mother looks barely older than her son, so I google her and it's fucking Barbara Crampton. I ain't seen her in anything in years(which is funny because I just posted about Castle Freak), so I had no idea she took the potion from Death Becomes Her. 

21 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

I thought about watching it for like a split second today, but no, that mug will stress me the fuck out. 

please watch it. 

i would really love to know what you thought about it. 

from what mid tells me, it got a poor rating on rotten tomatoes.

but i dont' pay attention to the critics. 

5 hours ago, discolé monade said:

please watch it. 

i would really love to know what you thought about it. 

from what mid tells me, it got a poor rating on rotten tomatoes.

but i dont' pay attention to the critics. 

Unfortunately, you got like a 2-year wait on that because anything with slavery as a major plot point is a no-go for me until maybe I have the means to move away from here(will cut down on my stress so much). That boundary kinda went up when 12 Years a Slave came out, and I just couldn't watch it. Lovecraft Country got through that barrier a little bit, but then I couldn't even finish it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Unfortunately, you got like a 2-year wait on that because anything with slavery as a major plot point is a no-go for me until maybe I have the means to move away from here(will cut down on my stress so much). That boundary kinda went up when 12 Years a Slave came out, and I just couldn't watch it. Lovecraft Country got through that barrier a little bit, but then I couldn't even finish it. 

i completely get this. anything dealing with slaverly, hurts to watch. i get it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, discolé monade said:

are you binging MS3K?

It's become a tradition every October. One year I got bored watching same old movies and the same old Halloween specials and I just wanted to try something different and it just stuck. For me this made the Halloween season fun again.

Edited by Kudasai
  • Like 3