UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

He changed teams twice and never even considered going to play in the west so yeah, he's hiding in the shitty conference on purpose.

He went to Miami because 1. he, Wade, and Bosh are friends and 2. yes, teaming up with those all-star friends would increase his chances of winning a ring...unless you think all three of them should have went to Denver to play with Carmelo Anthony (?).

He changed teams twice and never even considered going to play in the west so yeah, he's hiding in the shitty conference on purpose.

after years of carrying that shitty cleaveland team all on his for all those years, and without any help, yeah no wonder he went to join his friends in miami.

and when the time was right when he saw that cleaveland was going to be serious about winning a title then yeah he got them one. cant  fault him for the east being shitty either.

and these finals keep on sucking except if youre a golden state fan. congrats.

im not going to make any effort to watch the games now.

yeah cleaveland could make a comeback but i find it highly doubtful.

also is it just me or are the warriors getting a lot of ref love?

not that they need it but it is making things less enjoyable.

Yeah the have been getting some calls go their way, but expect those calls to go clevelands way once they go home

All I saw was the box score after the first quarter and LeBron's desperation 3 get blocked in the last ten seconds of the game.

Will watch the replay but LeBron had like 16 points in the 1st, so I'm assuming he went for 50 and it still wasn't enough.

Going into this fourth, I like to imagine distorted, in his house, screaming at his TV while his dog cowers in the corner and his wife waters down his whiskey

tbh i dont care about either team and just want to see a good game.

things were looking really good for cleaveland and they had all the momentum going for them but when the warriors turn it on they are above everyone else.

almost as if the cavs were jobbing for the warriors.

at least there were some truly amazing plays by both lebron and kyrie, cant take that away from them.

ps. fuck adam silver

tbh i dont care about either team and just want to see a good game.

things were looking really good for cleaveland and they had all the momentum going for them but when the warriors turn it on they are above everyone else.

almost as if the cavs were jobbing for the warriors.

at least there were some truly amazing plays by both lebron and kyrie, cant take that away from them.

ps. fuck adam silver

woah, I don't remember writing that post  ;D

what did adam silver do?

Of course not they still get high ratings when ratings start to fall and people get tired of super teams that's when they will do something about it

This is part of why I cant really get into the NBA all that much

Its always the same couple teams who just go out and buy the biggest names they can, then they win almost all their games and make deep playoff runs.

theres no parity. 

One of the worst officiated NBA games I've ever seen.  Still, the Cavs deserved it - they finally put a competent game plan together instead of trying to outscore the Warriors.

I'm genuinely curious what you mean....please explain

Dude it was a foul frenzy and then they had the never to review everything.

Jeff Van Gundy would agree....he kept making fun of the reviewing and it cracked me up..."how did the great refs of the past do it...did they check to see if they were right or did they just decide they were right"  >:D

Hmm, while I see people complaining about the refs I didn't watch the game, and looking at the box score don't think the officiating made the difference, so gonna chalk this one up to the Cavs winning it legit. If my prediction holds, the Cavs will win the next game in dubious fashion that reeks of the league artificially extending the series via referee fuckery, and then the Warriors will close it out back in Cleveland. We'll see.

Personally though, absolutely rooting for Golden State to blow a 3-1 lead again, how can you not.

thank god this pointless season is finally over.

That silly ass Nike commercial they played right after the game was so dumb. All of Durant's critics being silenced by... him winning a championship with the Warriors? As if it wasn't a foregone conclusion, as if there's nothing to criticize in him joining a 73-9 team and winning that way.