UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2017 THE DUMBENING

1pooh4u

My cold hearted atheistic heart....I think that's redundant but whatever....has to admit, and I did this after the NFC Championship game moreso than tonight because I wasn't expecting it then as I was just now, that yeah, when Foles mentioned God I did kinda shudder. And tonight it wasn't just him. But, that said, who cares, I'll overlook it for the win any day!

Edited by BUU8800

Aw, but I don't hate the Steelers! :(

Anyway, I nearly died laughing from one of the first thread topics I saw on reddit after the game ended:

"The Eagles Have More SB Wins in the 21st Century Than the Cowboys Have NFC Championship Appearances"

Damn, shitty reputation or not tonight I'ma enjoy being an Eagles fan. xD 

Dam what a game did not expect it to play out that way came down to a defensive play go figure. As much as I hate the pats Brady is one of the best dude went for 400 plus yards 

Nick Foles did everything right deserved that mvp 

Yes the questionable touch down call and the NFL not being able to decide what's a catch or not they need to fix that 

Not a Brady fan either but he was really good, he actually threw for 500 yards.

Eagles' defense was quiet in the second half, was rolling my eyes at how easily they were scoring on us but you can only shut them up for so long and Graham is one of the best ends in the game.

I came into the game thinking the Eagles would win but wasn't sure of it or anything, my logic I told myself was the Patriots keep coming back in these close games and winning them, sometimes miraculously. Last year's Super Bowl, the one with the Seahawks, barely squeaked it out against the Jags two weeks ago, credit to them and their crunch time play but having to rely on that is like playing roulette and tonight the bullet finally came out.

Yaaaas, fook YEW TOM BRADY! 

That fumble was the turning point.

Great game to watch.

Halftime show was a FLOP, but the game was good.

A highlight: Drunk Kevin Hart trying to get on stage and when rejected drops the F-bomb on the NFL Network. xD 

Also Philly is literally burning down. xDxD 

Jumping off the Ritz Cartlon awning.

AND that motor oil couldn't stop them from climbing the poles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

So, uh,  ton of trades in the last few hours

Browns got Landry from Miami and Taylor from Buffalo.

Sherman was released from Seattle.  

Kizer was sent to the Packers. 

Crazy crazy stuff happening right now in the NFL. 

yay, now whoever the qb is for my team next year will be throwing to kenny, catching footballs is hard, stills and devante, the great glass wide receiver, parker. 

it's gonna be a fun year. 

at least cutler is gone. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, 1pooh4u said:

I’m waiting for the Jets to do absolutely nothing in FA xD

You guys got Teddy Bridgewater for chump change. So there's that. Also, the Packers cleaned house anyone not named Aaron Rodgers.

Cousins contract is for 3 yr 84 mil guarantee.

Edited by Hachiman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hachiman said:

You guys got Teddy Bridgewater for chump change. So there's that. Also, the Packers cleaned house anyone not named Aaron Rodgers.

Cousins contract is for 3 yr 84 mil guarantee.

Fuck Terry Bridgewater he’s made of glass 

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Fuck Terry Bridgewater he’s made of glass 

the best fragile glass the Jets can get in FA right now. because lolJets. the upside is that he's still young and can throw the ball if the Jets still have any decent wideouts left and the protection to help along.

also: https://deadspin.com/shit-there-might-be-logic-behind-the-jets-plan-at-quar-1823763199

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hachiman said:

the best fragile glass the Jets can get in FA right now. because lolJets. the upside is that he's still young and can throw the ball if the Jets still have any decent wideouts left and the protection to help along.

also: https://deadspin.com/shit-there-might-be-logic-behind-the-jets-plan-at-quar-1823763199

They kept McCown too I have no idea wtf the Jets plans are. 😆

FA season has been fun.

Packers getting Jimmy Graham one minute and then dropping Jordy the next. >.>

I'm sure he'll be good on the Raiders.

Glad we got Mo Wilkerson.

Unsure about getting Kizer o_O (maybe they'll drop Hundley) and we need more CBs >_> we got one that idk of <_<

I'm waiting for that Rodgers contract to be finalized, he said he was waiting for the Cousins contract to be signed....so I expect a big payout to Aaron. xD 

Edited by Mewn

Packers dropped Jordy Nelson?

Did they let Olivia Munn handle FA trades or something?

Colts are going to be so much better now, much better offense and a couple cheat codes.....

Pats will return to SB because Belicheat is never done trolling America....

this is actually a question to see if any of you all have any insights. the colts are cutting a young, productive d-lineman simply because they are switching from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3. why the fuck do new head coaches always do this shit? wouldn't it make more sense to go out and hire a defensive coordinator experienced in running the scheme that best fits the personnel you already have instead of turning over your entire front seven (and their backups) to fit a new scheme?

i mean, reich is an offensive guy anyway. why would he even care which scheme they run? it's not like one scheme has been consistently proven to be more effective than the other. 

and i've now officially spent way too much time thinking about this. :|

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Releasing-Defensive-Lineman-Johnathan-Hankins/103066e2-c655-4260-9646-f38d5054ac95

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • panic locked this topic