UnevenEdge

Goodbye 2016 (and Good Riddance)

tsar4

Except, things always get worse before they get better.

I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

well Princess Leia still hasn't officially died yet

(can't imagine what other horrible thing could happen in 2016 but I agree that things are only gonna get worse)

Except, things always get worse before they get better.

I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

Exactly.

There was a post on the front page of Reddit, from /r/ShowerThoughts, about how people are going to be bummed when famous people continue to die in 2017. I'm shocked that somebody had to think about that before coming to the conclusion. News flash: More people are famous than ever before, and the people who were famous when you were young are really old now, and they're gonna die. So I expect this to be the new normal going foward.

[and we haven't even gotten into politics yet]

Both. She worked on the 20 something floor. She felt the elevator shake on the first impact and was looking out the window with coworkers when the second plane hit. The explosion shook the windows at her building blocks away.

Yeah did she just see the explosion or the actual plane hit?

Eh, don't get why people get so upset about celebrity deaths.

i do, i didn't for a really long time but i get it

its not about the celebrity per se, its really about their art and what it means to you personally. some people just connect with it at deeper levels. Bowie's death was something i actually mourned. like not just "awww, thats sad, RIP." i legit mourned his death. i was and still am a pretty awkward person but as my mother is a fan, i grew up listening to his music until i was his fan in my own right. as a young preteen and teenager especially, it was something that i could identify with at certain levels that i simply could not with most other things in my life. Bowie taught me it was okay to be weird, his music kept me company whenever my life was rough, and he taught me tolerance of people in general.

i still get teary eyed whenever i listen to that last album Blackstar. i don't know that i ever won't. 

I'm trying to understand some of the references in the field. I see Brexit and the Trump hat, but the Toberone changing shape and the Leicester City victory are pretty obscure on the "Fuck 2016" spectrum.

If the whole year could be undone with the press of a button on the condition that the Cubs had to lose,  I'd be in line to pound that button endlessly.