UnevenEdge

Sometimes, the good guys win

mthor

Yay! After 13 years of trying and writing letters and publicizing Banned Books Week and trying to make people aware of intellectual freedom, it's finally coming! I just checked my library account, and when I get to work Friday, The Satanic Bible will be waiting for me.

Yeah, I know, I could have just bought a copy, but I have limited space, and I hate to buy a book that I'm going to read only once. But it's the principal of the thing. There were 8 or 9 copies of it in the system at one point in time, and they all came up missing - probably stolen by edgy goth high school kids with bad tats and danger hair or well-meaning Christians in sensible shoes trying to save everybody who can read from signing a pact with the Lord of Darkness, take your pick). But it's all OK now - I'm finally going to get to read The Satanic Bible, and I can't wait! Intellectual freedom is a beautiful thing!

Satan's a hoe and a punk ass. If I removed my "mask" the saints would fall crippled and the fallen would beg the Lord God for asylum. Not one life would be spared from my cold, logical, calculated Mass Extinction of Humanity (MEH), because honestly IDGAF about the sanctity of life, nor the beauty and majesty of nature. My life, your life, all lives are a symphony of bellyaching and autistic screeching. It's quite maddening. No human being is entitled to life because no human does anything worth while with that "gift". The 'Alt-right', the WBC, Donald Trump, ISIS, Hillary Clinton, that stupid twat, Bob, etc. All are a pox on the Earth. Now there people I love and cherish, but like all humans, they struggle, fail, feel sadness, grief, hardship and loss; and the kills me. All this farce could end if everybody stopped and died. Forsake all hope because there is no salvation in this life.

Grats.

We tried reading it a couple years ago. Had no trouble getting a hold of it, just getting through it. Largely due to Our schedule at the time, and very little to do with the book itself. We really should finish it some time. Perhaps We should look into it sooner rather than later, as Our current locale has much more conservative leanings than where We first borrowed it.

Anywho, hope you enjoy it.

Satan's a hoe and a punk ass. If I removed my "mask" the saints would fall crippled and the fallen would beg the Lord God for asylum. Not one life would be spared from my cold, logical, calculated Mass Extinction of Humanity (MEH), because honestly IDGAF about the sanctity of life, nor the beauty and majesty of nature. My life, your life, all lives are a symphony of bellyaching and autistic screeching. It's quite maddening. No human being is entitled to life because no human does anything worth while with that "gift". The 'Alt-right', the WBC, Donald Trump, ISIS, Hillary Clinton, that stupid twat, Bob, etc. All are a pox on the Earth. Now there people I love and cherish, but like all humans, they struggle, fail, feel sadness, grief, hardship and loss; and the kills me. All this farce could end if everybody stopped and died. Forsake all hope because there is no salvation in this life.

Do you want it when I'm done?

I've read it. Also the Necronomicon.

Which version of the Necronomicon? There's a couple out there, and I don't mean John Dee's translation vs Olaus Wormius's translation. The one I read was really painful - half ceremonial magick, half Enochian bullshit, and all horribly repetitive and boring.  Every time I turned a page, it was like hearing Abdul Alhazred roll in his grave (if he has one...)

Grats.

We tried reading it a couple years ago. Had no trouble getting a hold of it, just getting through it. Largely due to Our schedule at the time, and very little to do with the book itself. We really should finish it some time. Perhaps We should look into it sooner rather than later, as Our current locale has much more conservative leanings than where We first borrowed it.

Anywho, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you. It should be interesting - I've read some of LaVey's other stuff, and he's actually pretty amusing.It'll be interesting to see what this is like.

Banned Books are the Best Books. You can always tell which faction of crazy has the biggest stick up their butt on any given year by looking at the lists of books they bitched about and why.

Yeah, The Satanic Bible isn't really a book you need to own unless you need it as part of a collection or something [...yes, I own it]. Reading it once is usually enough for most people. I would say that it's main redeemable feature is just the shock value of the title sitting on the coffee table or holding it when there are Jehovah's Witnesses standing on your doorstep.  ;D I prefer to mix things up a bit if I'm expecting irritating company - nothing causes brain hemorrhages faster than a tasteful display of Crowley, Harry Potter, Psychology Today and Dilbert.

I accidentally left a book on southern voodoo doll practices out in the living room that I had just finished and there was apartment inspections yesterday. The people in the office seem really energetic today - you'd think it was a four-day weekend for as fast as they seemed to get out of the building.  :P

I remember at one point people were thinking of banning James and The Giant Peach banned from my school's library

I never heard the official reason on why

The usual reasons given are lack of respect for adult authority figures, and one character calling another "an ass."

I always wanted to prank my landlord & leave bunch of weird stuff out during inspection but I'm scared she'd evict me somehow. Btw HI KATT!

Get one of those IN / OUT office boxes. Label it 'Research Materials' . Put in it a cookbook [something you like or would like to learn more about because why not], a copy of 'A Modest Proposal' , and a pair of handcuffs. Leave in a prominent spot like a corner of the kitchen table or on a kitchen counter the next time you are going to have apartment inspections. They'll either wonder vaguely about the items or look up 'A Modest Proposal' and then be really creeped out.  ;D HI POOF!