UnevenEdge

Code Geass Sequel Announced

Lacks_Sympathy

At the Code Geass 10th anniversary event on Sunday, it was announced that the series will be receiving a new anime. Titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revival), the new anime will take place a few years after the events of Zero Requiem. In addition, a three-part compilation film series of the previous Code Geass anime has been planned for January 2017. The voices will be redubbed for the movies, which will also include new scenes.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch is an original anime series produced by Sunrise, directed by Gorou Taniguchi with original character designs by manga artist group CLAMP, which aired in 25 episodes between October 2006 and July 2007. A sequel titled Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 was subsequently developed due to the immense popularity of the first season, also airing in 25 episodes between April 2008 and September 2008. An OVA Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland was released in July 2012. A spin-off movie series titled Boukoku no Akito was announced in April 2010, which screened in 5 parts from July 2012 to February 2016. The series was initially licensed by Bandai Entertainment for North American distribution before FUNimation re-licensed it in August 2013.

Source: https://myanimelist.net/news/48730830

I can't get excited about this. The show aged badly but it seems like there is still some interest in it after 10 years.

Even my friends who really enjoyed Geass aren't excited for a sequel. It really doesn't need one honestly.

I don't care what that final scene implied, but Lelouch needs to stay dead.

Hmmmm well I loved Code Geass but just read the news like an hour or so ago, so haven't fully had the chance to digest the news and think about how I feel about it. Wanted to get a sense of what other people were thinking and it seems it's not all that positive lol.

I agree with what you stated in your spoiler and that is quite honestly how I feel as well...but yeah we'll see. Obviously, there is still interest and money to be made from the series or I'm sure it wouldn't be happening. Though, that's not always a good thing when you try to milk every last penny from something...but maybe it'll turn out good. Who knows...will have to wait and see.

Yo I'm losin my shit.

It seems that based off this thread...it's pretty split. Probably a little more skewed on the negative side but obviously the show was/is still popular considering they are bringing it back. Like I previously mentioned, I'm a little concerned that they're probably only doing this to squeeze every last penny out of the series and that can definitely ruin things...but if they genuinely are able to move the story forward/take it in a new direction...then I'm all for it. I guess none of us will know it's quality until it comes out (unless you already have your preconceived notions about it, positive or negative, and won't be changing your mind regardless) but being a fan of the show, I'm leaning more on the excited side.

Based on that title and where it takes place, I'd say that

Lelouch is alive, which is what I've always believed. He literally achieved Code Geass, according to my theory. Why he would need to come back is beyond me, however. Kind of ruins the ending if he has to get back into conflict.

Hell, even just picking up a few years later showing where all the other characters are at would be fine with me.

Not sure how I feel about this, first season had a gundam fire emblem feel but the second was just plot twists and shock!

I thought when it ended it should be left that way. It wrapped up as best it could so this worries me with what they could do. I like it at first but later it was eh.....

Agreed, Code Geass is one of my favorite animes and I'm looking forward to it as well. I'm a little worried about how they'll be able to pick up the story from where they left it...especially considering what happened to Lelouch but let's see.

Well I always wanted to believe he was still alive. But I'm pretty sure they just left it like that so they could bring it back like this when the money was right.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so psyched for this.  I knew Lelouch was alive!  I f**kin' knew it!

if it gets dubbed, Nina isn't in it, and As gets it, I'll watch it

what with it looking like Yuri on ice is throwing a curve ball and pulling a "no-homo" leading into the finale I have resumed my stance that I refuse to watch any new animes unless they're on Toonami

if it gets dubbed, Nina isn't in it, and As gets it, I'll watch it

what with it looking like Yuri on ice is throwing a curve ball and pulling a "no-homo" leading into the finale I have resumed my stance that I refuse to watch any new animes unless they're on Toonami

talk about setting yourself up for a lack of diversity.

talk about setting yourself up for a lack of diversity.

I know what to expect out of Toonami's shows

I don't expect them to have two guys, Kiss, get engaged then suddenly decide their relationship is fake and call off said engagement for no reason like in YOI

and since I'm tired of having my heart gently caressed, then suddenly ripped out, stepped on, stabbed and pissed on, Toonami anime it is