UnevenEdge

Code Geass Sequel Announced

Lacks_Sympathy

Toonami will do that to your childhood instead

actually so far they've been pretty respectful to it....which at this point is all I ask for....as much as I hated Puri puri Prisoner, at least I can be sure he'll never stop being gay and that the a-hole who created him isn't getting my hopes up then shitting on them for his own schadenfreudic amusement

actually so far they've been pretty respectful to it....which at this point is all I ask for....as much as I hated Puri puri Prisoner, at least I can be sure he'll never stop being gay and that the a-hole who created him isn't getting my hopes up then shitting on them for his own schadenfreudic amusement

So everything has to have properly written gay romance unless it's on Toonami? Because I'm pretty sure Toonami has never aired anything even close to having gay romance....I'm just asking because the standards you seem to hold anime to are really bizarre.

I know what to expect out of Toonami's shows

I don't expect them to have two guys, Kiss, get engaged then suddenly decide their relationship is fake and call off said engagement for no reason like in YOI

and since I'm tired of having my heart gently caressed, then suddenly ripped out, stepped on, stabbed and pissed on, Toonami anime it is

thats whats gonna keep you from trying new things though?

oh well.

So everything has to have properly written gay romance unless it's on Toonami? Because I'm pretty sure Toonami has never aired anything even close to having gay romance....I'm just asking because the standards you seem to hold anime to are really bizarre.

Toonami's aired quite a few shows with Gay characters, they just weren't the focus of the show and if they had a love intrest of any kind it wasn't really explored (and in one case it was censored)

1. Fred Luo from Outlaw Star was Gay (he had a one-sided crush on Gene and there was an episode where Fred's family was trying to force him into a heterosexual Marriage and Gene helped him get out of it)

2. Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are a Lesbian couple (but the toonami version censored their relationship) as were Zoicite and Kunzite (censored) and Fisheye(censored)

3. Haku from Naruto might have been Gay....while he was alive

4. Tsukasa and Subaru from .hack//Sign are a Lesbian couple(and the main protagonists of their series at that)

5. there were a few Gay characters in Michiko and Hatchin

6. and Kill La Kill (some people denied this but having rewatched it myself, it is not subtle, Mako straight up says she's in love with Ryuko)

7. Hideaki Anno has confirmed both Shinji Ikari's Bisexuality and Maya Ibuki's lesbianism in interviews(the fanbase insists otherwise though cause the idea that Shinji likes guys is icky to them)

8. stereotypical as they are there's an entire "tribe" of  Warrior Drag-queens in One Piece, Mr. 2 Bon Clay being one such person

9. the emo-haired blonde kid in Gundam IBO is gay and has a crush on the brown haired guy with the earrings

10. apparently there's a planet populated by nothing but Gay men in Cowboy bebop

11. Jakotsu in Inuyasha was Gay, he was also a homicidal maniac but still

12. Leeron was Gay (his theme song has a coded message that spells out "leeron is gay he loves your asshole")

13. dispite being purposefully offensive, Puri Puri prisoner is gay

14. Bulaut in Akame ga Kill was Gay....of course he only lived for a small handful of episodes

15. several of the Villians in the later seasons of Yuyu Hakusho were Gay.....just the villians though (togashi even once had to deny being a homophobe saying he did not make them evil because they were gay, he also later said that even he thinks it was a stupid decision to only make the villians gay and none of the heroes, and says he currently views Hiei and Kurama as a gay couple and regrets not making them get together in series)

16. there might be some Gay characters in Hunter X Hunter as well due to similar comments Togashi made about it, but whoever they are isn't 100% confirmed because Hisoka's sexuality is......questionable(and he's evil) and Kurapika and Leorio aren't anything other than friends in canon

17. there was supposed to be a trans character in Deadman Wonderland but the anime removed her

18. Ymir and Krista from Attack on titan are lesbians

also it didn't air on Toonami(and it wasn't explored in the show, only in the games) but Haseo the protagonist of the second .hack series is Bisexual....he can marry a guy in the third game if the player wants him to (and if he tries to ask out any of the heterosexual male characters they say they're flattered, but politely turn him down, then go on a "friendship montage" in an attempt to comfort him so he won't be upset that his affection wasn't mutual)

I'm pretty sure that the mesh fetishwear Suzaku was wearing after he swore allegiance to Lelouch was subtext on him being Lelouch's sex slave prior to Suzaku's adoption of the Zero moniker. Not exactly the healthiest LGBT rep, but with Nina & Rolo being a homicidal nutjobs and the flamboyant eunichs made to ruin everything, it's not the best series to watch if you're under the umbrella. It's actually not the best series if you're anything but a pureblooded Japanese nationalist or ProudAsian, but eh there's always crossover appeal with robots, pizza, sexual tension between noodlemen, and titties.

My only question is how would they be able to salvage such a catastrophic trainwreck? I guess once the bar is set so low, there's no lower it can get, but I'd be worried if they considered that a challenge worthy of accepting.

I'm pretty sure that the mesh fetishwear Suzaku was wearing after he swore allegiance to Lelouch was subtext on him being Lelouch's sex slave prior to Suzaku's adoption of the Zero moniker. Not exactly the healthiest LGBT rep, but with Nina & Rolo being a homicidal nutjobs and the flamboyant eunichs made to ruin everything, it's not the best series to watch if you're under the umbrella. It's actually not the best series if you're anything but a pureblooded Japanese nationalist or ProudAsian, but eh there's always crossover appeal with robots, pizza, sexual tension between noodlemen, and titties.

My only question is how would they be able to salvage such a catastrophic trainwreck? I guess once the bar is set so low, there's no lower it can get, but I'd be worried if they considered that a challenge worthy of accepting.

evidently the same woman who did the designs for Geass did the designs for the first season of Sailor Moon Crystal, they fired her before season 3 and redesigned the characters because the entire fanbase thought season 1's designs were ugly by that point

also I feel the same way about Geass that you do, thats why I'll only watch it if it ends up on Toonami

There are a whole bunch of things that don't make sense here:

• Why is that Zero mask washed up on the beach?
  • Why is Suzaku dressed in his Knight of Seven outfit if he's supposed to be Zero? Suzaku is supposed to be officially dead. He has a gravestone and everything.
  • Why is Shinkiro here? It got destroyed.
  • Why has no one aged?
  • Why is Jeremiah electrocuting himself?

I guess that's Code Geass for ya.

So is Ohgi not the Prime Minister anymore?  Not like he was ever cut out for the job, but you know, consistency is nice.

This trailer leaves me so confused, I literally have more questions now than I did before. 

I can't wait for the xenophobia.  If Donald Trump doesn't show up in this in some form I'll be sorely disappointed.

So does this confirm that Lelouch didn't die?

They confirmed a while back that he was dead, though I personally believed he was alive, since it fit the ending of R2 so much better.

Unless you mean they recently confirmed that he was alive.  I haven't heard anything about that.

I believe it was the director that said that, but Sunrise, the company that owns the rights to CG, was ambiguous on that.  I always figured that if they thought they could make money on a Season 3, they'd do it.

But, yeah, it definitely looks like he got that Code Geass power.

The trailer has a close-up shot of him at the end.