UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Initial D: Fourth Stage 24
Happy Sugar Life 12

Spoiler

That's another two series in the book.

w1V3u8C.png

For all of its possible flaws, which are already of little concern to me, Happy Sugar Life was a damn good series. The technical direction was beyond good, especially coming from the director of Shobitch. (And that series had some oddly good visual presentation at points for a show of its sexual interest.) It and Tonegawa were the right choices for anime for me to watch this season. 9.5/10, would watch again for non-research reasons.

U3mbcKg.png

dWrM5b0.png

Currently finishing up the sadly super short 8-ep second season of Arslan before the fall show onslaught. Perfect length for the arc and apparently the next arc is a long one so the length was fine and seemingly a good cliffhanger place to break, but I wish we'd get more, for the most part I really enjoyed this show and the characters.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:23 PM, Delaclease said:

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill 2

Hype. Can't wait until the simuldub starts for this show.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Chaika the Coffin Princess 12

Loved this show.

Really enjoyed both seasons. The 2nd season finale battle was a bit weak though since a certain new character that's key to it is a bit too late of an addition to the cast, however the rest of the finale I still quite enjoyed including the ending/epilogue, if I remember correctly.

Edited by DangerMouse

Flower Fairies Mage Floral Yumi #1
Working!! #1

Aww, come on... nevermind the Yellow Lily and/or Frilled Square voices, because I just wanted to watch Kyunderella. At least Noriko and her spreading the love of donuts was cute.

It's also fairly surprising that my college's anime club decided to show something that wasn't a recent simulcast. I liked the premiere of this, even though it seems a little derivative of other things I've watched, namely a bunch of fanservice-themed shows of various genres plus the copycat-since-it-came-later Blend S.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #1
Planet With #5

I didn't watch the former willingly, but it was actually pretty fun. :RoboSurprise:

I mean, I have no doubts that it'll eventually turn into another OP power fantasy isekai, but if it takes its sweet time to get there and has fun in the process, I won't be complaining. For the most part, the premiere had some genuine comedic chops, mostly with bizarre scenes like Satoru ranting in his dying moments about how he never scored, and then his obtuse talking points become powers in the next world. And the entire sequence of gags involving his computer is too funny to spoil even in here. The anime club was laughing harder at this than they did for Working!!, which doesn't come easily.

And on another note, I wasn't expecting some of the scenes as Satoru transitioned into the next world to have Off the Air-complaint visuals. I hope this show'll manage to stay pretty as it starts doing actual action scenes.

• Like 1

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 1

Spoiler

How ironic that I've finally started posting Kunoichi on these boards, and it's now that I'm putting more effort than average into the next episode. The storyboarder/director: Shingo Yamashita. Instead of going simple by just watching Naruto Shippuden OP 13 on repeat, with the occasional venture into Twin Star Exorcists OP 2 to make things interesting, I'm watching another anime in full. This time, Tatsunoko's take on the Yozakura Quartet light novel. Just from this one episode, I know that writing up all the sakuga for this penultimate chapter is gonna fuuuuuuun.

Edited by PokeNirvash