UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Zombieland Sage 9 - really, anime? maria didnt recognize her? come on now.

Lupin III: Part V 24[End] - 10/10. Seriously...just give us another 100+ episode season already. and what better time to do it than for part 6, now that i think about it, because:

Spoiler

wow. lupin with a mask this entire time. i cant wait to hear more about this. and nice to see some closure between him and fujiko.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

Anthem of the Heart

This was another anime club experience, doing it with a pirate site. I wish we didn't go to this extent to watch movies, but when this one is sub-only and was released on Blu-ray by Aniplex, I guess there's no choice.

It was pretty good. It's definitely one of those anime movies that's scientifically engineered to make you cry, which I attribute to Mari Okada doing the screenplay. Emotionally manipulative as it may be, though, I thought the film was successful at what it did, and was beautifully composed. I really liked the climactic scene of Jun emerging as the disembodied voice of the heroine in the play, even though it was padded with hooting and hollering from the other club members at the realization that she didn't get cucked. In fact, her true love wasn't the main male MC, but the tertiary jock. This is why I like watching stuff with other people, because you can actually say the stuff you typically do at the TV and have someone else clap back.

I could've done without the bizarre egg metaphors, but those did their job well enough. As a whole, I'd give this a 7.5/10.

Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms

Uh... watching a movie in the club that isn't available on home video yet is rather dirty, so I won't go on about this one. At least I was heavily confused by the plot to a point where I know I'll like it even more on a rewatch. I'll get back to it eventually.

Mr. Osomatsu SP
Between the Sky and Sea #1

I guess the former episode is the real end of Season 1. I took a break after the advertised season finale because I thought it ended things on a really high note. Really, this show is great when it embraces its weird side (and horse-themed jokes are great for that), rather than depending on the six brothers and tertiary characters just screaming over each other.

As for the other show... if I had to guess, I think a majority of the people who dropped this show after the first episode, let alone have at all, did so because the MC is pretty annoying. On the other hand, she's basically bootleg Honoka voiced by another idol seiyuu (Karin Takahashi) I like, so that's a big stumbling block to enjoying the series I'm easily over. But then there's the sheer ludicrous nature of the premise that throws all scientific logic out the window, as well as Haru herself not throwing up (because it wasn't outright shown) in space immediately after she goes up there without training. iCarly got that point right, and I trust the people making this one that they aren't into kinky shit involving teenagers.

There's also a really weird air of progressive politics in the show that I find hilarious. Forget hiring more female guards, because we're making women into space fishers instead! And this doesn't even take into account that the show has a pointed supernatural element in the literal "God app", where some angel guy (I guess) who says "Hype!" all the time comes out and attacks space fish while being unaffected by the water in space fish tanks. What the fuck is going on? This show seems like it'll be enjoyable if only in a so-bad-it's-good way.

Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple

I know, or rather, knew nothing about this franchise before watching this, and I still don't know much now, but it was pretty good. The plot wasn't hard to follow; I had a better emotional response to it than Maquia, actually.

And so begins my session of watching anime over winter break in earnest. :ph34r:

i recently watched and finished lovely complex (its one of my favz and have seen it a few times already), rainbow days, and wotokoi? love is hard for otakus. i was on a shoujo kick and i enjoyed all of them bc they were pretty cute and fun.