UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Koi Kaze 6 (rewatch)
Initial D: Fourth Stage 19

Spoiler

I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't obviously tell, seeing how both series are on my watch list, but this pairing of episodes was chosen for the usual reason of "finished another chapter/episode of Kinky Kunoichi, time to start on a new one". For episode 10, I have #8's Yukihiro Matsushita as storyboarder again, and studio Peace & Kindness as the outsourcing studio again. Seeing how Hiroshi Tamada had already left P&K by the time I started analyzing his work for #3, I decided to go for a different episode director. Now, the natural solution would be to go for any of the directors of the two episodes each the studio did for SAOA:GGO and Dorei-ku, the two seasonal anime I chose to watch from the start last spring, but I decided to skew more obscure and not as busy. So I chose Hiroshi Kimura, who had done four episodes of the current animated iteration of the Duel Masters franchise, and all for episodes outsourced to P&K, one of which just aired this July. He had done some work for A.C.G.T. in the mid-to-late 2000s, which just so happened to include two of the three anime of theirs on my current watchlist. (He had already left for Studio Mouse to work on Fairy Tail and Shippuden by the time Freezing came around.) So naturally, a rewatch of the Koi Kaze episode I just saw and one of the three remaining Initial D episodes he worked on were what I chose.

I'm planning on taking a look at more of his stuff later this week/month. In addition to 21 and 23 of Fourth Stage, he also did an extra episode of Koi Kaze (#10) that I'm a little far from at my present pace. However, he also did Shippuden #215, the next one to air on Toonami and the last he did for the franchise, so that'll be worth checking out. If I need to backtrack towards older stuff or move onto newer stuff, the postal ninja filler of OG Naruto and his apparently toilet-focused short-form slideshow about ladies sports IN SPACE, Ladyspo, are good contenders to check out while tipsy off my ass. But who knows if I'll watch those, be it soon or at all?

JvcPCxP.png

By the way, Kimura's main tics appear to be fade transitions into, out of, and between cuts in various scenes, plus the inclusion of shading in scenes you'd expect to be, and in some cases are, brightly lit. An easy set of criteria I can readily work with.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Sweet Punishment #9 to #12 (END)

Spoiler

I don't know enough about being a victim to conclude it, but I feel like Hina should be significantly more distressed after having been raped several times by her captor. Of course, she then decides to go right back to Aki and have sex with him all over again, but this time it's consensual. I don't find that morally sound, but I guess it's not unrealistic. It's also what happened in Skirt no Naka, so I have to assume a lot of hentai are like this.

The actual plot basically amounted to "this CEO of some company is dying, so I'll go frame a woman for a different crime and make her my slave over it". It was somewhat confusing to follow, but I got the gist of it by the end. And now I have just a little bit of research done for the BDSM-themed portion of my own work, which is pretty cool.

Overall, this was a show I watched more to prove a point than for any good reason. It's beyond complex critique, so I'll just say I didn't hate it. On the other hand, while it had a good amount of BDSM-themed content, it was severely lacking in actual bondage. I guess it's like Dore-iku in that regard. The most titillating moment of the moments was when Aki put a blindfold on Hina in the penultimate episode. And yes, they had lots of sex afterwards. ^_^