UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

The Ancient Magus' Bride #14
Planet With #3 and #4

One of my biggest peeves with this show has been how it constantly regurgitates past settings and characters rather than trying to innovate. On the other hand, this episode was really good because of that. I liked the way they wrapped up Joel's plot, with all the melancholy an intentionally-skimpily-dressed vampire can provide. I was amazed that Chise actually stayed awake for five days just so this dying dude could get a chance to see magical creatures, and thus witness the being that had been lusting him for a while. It even provided context to the weird tangent in the first half with Chise turning into a fox. I take it she thought being a human that could care for people and make their (end of) lives better was the good thing to do, instead of living in solitude.

To celebrate this show making a comeback, here are my first ratings images in over three months.

hcp9PxP.jpg

Ce798NM.jpg

Now, Planet With is a really good show, and all of you should immediately drop what you're doing and watch it instead of continuing this paragraph (as words can't do it justice), but if you're not convinced yet... well, it features an animal society called the "Kigurumians" plus a causal use of "trump card" in the Crunchyroll script. And it's a show with a bunch of screwed-up people learning valuable life lessons by means of giant robot fights. We can never have enough shows in that vein.

Koi Kaze 10
Initial D: Fourth Stage 23

Spoiler

I'd say something about how this is a second go at observing Hiroshi Kimura's directorial style for Kunoichi 10, but seeing how my laptop keyboard's starting to slowly die on me, forcing me to copy-paste every instance of the letters "b" and "n", I'm just gonna avoid troubling you all and just drop this most recent moment in ratings bug awareness.

FRGwyX9.png

Edited by PokeNirvash