UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Detective Conan Movie 13: The Raven Chaser

Hmmm, well this movie certainly was packed. It had the Black Organization and just about every notable police officer we've met to this point. They even managed to cram Hattori in for a bit. I'd say I enjoyed it, but there were definitely some stretches during the investigation of the main case where it dragged. I became pretty bored of said case well before the twist culprit reveal. The last 20 minutes or so from Irish's reveal to the end were pretty strong though. Ran's bullet dodge and fight with Irish was amazing. Easily the highlight of the film, even in a losing effort. I wanna see something like that again with her winning when the series finally reaches the end battle. And throw in Kogoro too! Who, btw, was very underutilized in this film. Hell Ran had little screen time herself until the end. Perhaps due to including so many characters. Irish himself was fine, but suffered from status quo disease. You knew he'd hafta die to maintain it long before he did. Fairly gruesome snipe though by Chianti. Conan's escape from the helicopter and destruction of it at the same time, while exciting, ranks pretty damn highly in the outlandish category for this series, which is saying something. :D Not much to say on the Agasa/Detective Boys side of things except seeing them posed in famous Beatles album covers was pretty adorable. :D Overall this definitely wasn't one of my favorite Conan films, nor one of my least favorite. I feel mixed about it. I'll be generous and give it an 8/10 for Ran's fight. Plus I was admittedly pretty tired even before starting it which is not a good way to watch anything.

HZfj0Lv.png

Infinite Stratos 2 11

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor 5

Goddamn Ichika's harem loves going after him when he's paying attention to another girl don't they? [sigh] This show truly is everything wrong with the harem genre.

Oh well, at least Guyver had some surprisingly good visual direction.

today I watched...

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen ep. 3

Fuuka ep. 4

Masamune-kun no Revenge ep. 3

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 ep. 3

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season ep. 15

Naruto: Shippuuden ep. 490

Youjo Senki ep. 3

Gintama. 2017 ep. 3

Rewrite 2nd Season ep. 2

Seiren ep. 3

Onihei ep. 2

Sousei no Onmyouji ep. 34

The 2006 version

I had to do some research and see where to start since there's like 3 Fates

ive seen previews and clips of UBW so i know how different it could be, but i enjoyed the 06 version for what it was

Well, since there's the Unlimited Blade Works movie and TV series, skip the movie when you get to that.

Seiren 3

This is still cringe. Idk why I'm still watching.

all I've heard about this show is that it's filled with subtle but also EXTREMELY CREEPY sexual content

like a boy staring in amazement at a heat-print a girl's ass left on his desk

Same animation studio made both. That aside I'm not sure I could explain it it's just a vibe I got and have read similar comments on MAL. Umaru actually ranks #1 on my Top 10 anime of 2015 list while Gabriel isn't even Top 3 of this season's shows.(Rakugo, Konosuba and Kobayashi are all definitely superior.) Not that Gabriel is bad or anything 3 episodes in, just definitely wish the studio made more Umaru instead.

all I've heard about this show is that it's filled with subtle but also EXTREMELY CREEPY sexual content

like a boy staring in amazement at a heat-print a girl's ass left on his desk

It's hardly subtle after a while.

The dude has a fantasy of being on the toilet and the girl approaches him and sniffs the air while he's taking a dump.

There's another instance where he gets turned on by the same girl drinking the leftover broth from his instant ramen. Both times she's wearing his gym uniform too.

Not only creepy but incredibly weird. :|

Detective Conan 530 - 531

Oh hey! The background image I use for my anime list on MAL came from the new opening that began with this case! Neat. :D I just picked it randomly from a google search. :D Yeah, I figured the culprit swapped places with one of the victims long before it was revealed. And for once the Next Conan's Hint actually helped me figure out the culprit. Highlight of this case was Takagi though. Keep in in your pants man! :D Well, lucky for him the feeling's definitely reciprocated:

5GmJyFS.png

Interesting lead-in to the next case with the Superintendent we got too...