UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

I think Devil is a Part Timer expired on Netflix a few months ago, and thank you for reminding me to check what's leaving it in January. I think having generic taste in anime happens to a lot of people because anime is the only medium that constantly provides shows which contain tropes not seen on regular tv. And since it's nice just having access to those tropes, it might be more easily enjoyed than the regular stuff even if it's a plot you've seen a dozen times(I am totally guilty of this with 'A group of misfits possessing powers run a business or secret government organization to solve magical problems' anime).

As for what I'm watching, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works season 2 episode 6. I'm putting the rest of the series on hold and might do a rewatch later. Watching this directly after Fate/Zero is ruining it for me. The drop in quality of the writing just makes UBW look lazy too. The underlying storyline about Shirou could be an interesting take on the 'I'm going to save everyone' protag, but it seems like the studio is unwilling to put in the effort to give it depth. Instead, too much screentime is given to Rin and Shirou flirting with each other instead of properly building up to the fights, and by the second season, there's really been no attempt to truly develop any of the characters. *Sigh* Fate/Zero friggin spoiled me.

I finished season 2 of Ajin in a day. That's a feat for me but I liked it that much. It's got all the stuff I like. Likeable bad guys and annoying good guys  ;D

Lupin III: Part II 155(END)

Final Thoughts:

In which the series ends, with an episode directed by Hayao Miyazaki which sees "Zenigata" come to the aid of a young woman named Maki and her robot Lamda after Lupin's crew uses her for evil. First, garbage subtitles Crunchyroll. Worse than usual. Second, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! So glad I was able to complete this before midnight to end 2016. Anyway, a somewhat strange episode for a finale considering the real Fujiko, Jigen and Goemon were barely in it and the real Lupin was disguised as Zenigata for most of it. I realized it when he remarked how cute Maki looked early on, but enough time passed before the official reveal that I forgot again. :D The episode itself was...fine. Unlike in 145, which I'd say was better than this, the characters didn't really look much different than how they usually have in recent episodes.  Fujiko in particular looked nothing like her 145 version. To the extent that I wouldn't have been able to tell Miyazaki directed this if it weren't for Maki and Lamda. Maki herself looks like a Nausicaa prototype, and I know I've seen a robot very similar to Lamda in a Miyazaki film, but I can't recall which off-hand. I wanna say Nausicaa or Castle in the Sky, though it's been about 10 years since I've seen them.

obp72yu.png

4674RKm.png

wS5gF1A.png

gSxmRQa.png

gKjHYNY.png

J3WcaZW.png

WHfw0lN.png

qA6gL8n.png

xwXs7OE.png

So that's it, the longest of the 5 Lupin series(including Fujiko Mine) by far complete. It's been a long and largely enjoyable journey. I won't act like there weren't plenty of stinkers along the way, or plots and plot points recycled ad nauseam, especially in the final third or so of the series, but I had fun. The good outweighed the bad overall I'd say. This being the fourth Lupin series I've finished I don't really feel like I have anything to say about the characters or much else that I haven't already said before though honestly. That nearly every episode was standalone doesn't really help that either. I gave enough thoughts for nearly every individual episode already anyway. :D I dunno that I could pick a favorite episode off hand, but that Nessie one from near the beginning still stands out in my mind as one I loved. Jigen helping the ice skater, Fujiko helping the twins, Lupin vs. the evil conductor, 145, Goemon aiding the little girl, etc...there's plenty to choose from. I'm not sure this deserves the 8/10 overall score I intended to give it for awhile now after that final third batch of episodes, it probably doesn't, but I'll be nice and keep it there. So now all that remains of Lupin for me are most of the movies/ovas, and the 50 episode Part III, which from what little I've seen looks to be a black sheep of sorts for the franchise. I kinda wanna start it right away because of that, but I'm so burnt out on Lupin I'd probably put it on hold a couple episodes in so...we'll see. :D

Fair enough.

Kuromukuro 6

This series is great and it saddens me that its MAL ranking is so middling.

aAtrMhX.png

MrUDCll.png

Anything on Netflix/Amazon just doesn't get as much exposure. Amazon has been especially awful this season, with licensed shows streaming in UK, but not the US.

New OP and everything. >:D

But I don't know how to report stuff is incorrect now that Hummingbird moved to Kitsu, and I'm stuck at 13 episodes there!

Also watched the first episode of Ai Mai Mi S3, and it's still the perfect short. Also also got halfway through the first half of the Chain Chronicle movie, and... it's got some nice fight choreography? That's about it.

But I like how simple it is to use.

I finished the Chain Chronicle movie (which is apparently also the first 4 episodes), and that was enough of that.

I find MAL simpler.

NOOOOO! I plan on watching Chain Chronicle...eventually! Don't tell me it's shit!  :(

I wasn't able to really connect with any of the characters, so it was a bit hard to enjoy much of that episode.

I remember reading the premise for the manga a year+ ago and really hating it, thus I ain't watching! :D

Also, damnit Sentai! Urara Meirochou aired in Japan 12 hours ago but...still no subs! Fansubs might be the only way to go but even they ain't out yet! :(