UnevenEdge

Not sure why Oolong was re-cast, but his voice for Kai isn't a close match, unfortunately.

Stronger or not, he'll never be able to compete with my comedy. 🤣

Oh shut up, Bubbles, just shut up. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Welp folks, I made it through the marathon! haha

I am so glad that we were able to get this and have Toonami on until 6AM. Sitting here watching DBZ late into the night and early morning and posting with you guys was awesome, and it brought back so much nostalgia. I wish we could get something like this every Saturday! I had a lot of fun!

Rest in Peace, Toriyama. You were gone too soon and you certainly changed the world for the better. Thank you for everything!

I am going to put on the rest of the west coast broadcast and try and pass out on the sofa before the sun comes up here soon haha 

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone! Sweet dreams

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

I am so glad that we were able to get this and have Toonami on until 6AM. Sitting here watching DBZ late into the night and early morning and posting with you guys was awesome, and it brought back so much nostalgia. I wish we could get something like this every Saturday! I had a lot of fun!

Rest in Peace, Toriyama. You were gone too soon and you certainly changed the world for the better. Thank you for everything!

I am going to put on the rest of the west coast broadcast and try and pass out on the sofa before the sin comes up here soon haha 

Yeah!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I am going to put on the rest of the west coast broadcast and try and pass out on the sofa before the sun comes up here soon haha 

Having anime all night, even as a rerun or marathons, definitely brings back memories, and DBZ even more so.

And RIP Toriyama again.  I still can't believe it.  So grateful for his work getting me into anime and manga, and all the memories.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Dammit I fell asleep around 4:30am and missed this iconic Kai moment

Also I can’t wait for Krillin to recreate this sequence with Android 18 later on…

Haha I always forget about that scene! And it is okay if you fell asleep, I was basically in a daze after 4AM!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 12:19 AM, Toonamiguy321 said:

Yea a great tribute, just 1-8 instead of actually putting a little thought into the episode selection. Really feeling the love and respect here. 

Toriyama's death was announced on the 7th and Toonami released the marathon schedule four days later on the 11th. This was clearly a sudden thing they put together on extremely short notice to honor the man who made Toonami a household name. It's not like they had a contingency plan in place for what to do if the old but (as far as anyone knew) seemingly otherwise healthy man were to suddenly die with no warning. It would feel a lot weirder if they'd waited 2-3 weeks to cultivate a marathon of specific unrelated episodes before acknowledging his passing. Plus, we know from One Piece that they have direct contact with Toei, and that mourning Toriyama has impacted their current shows in production; the studio may have actually requested they do a marathon asap to celebrate one of their most significant creators while the news is still fresh.

• Like 4

On 3/17/2024 at 6:00 AM, atomicinumatt said:

+1. This extended night couldn't have come at a better time. I thought the golden days of Toonami were looong gone but this felt like a gift for the true fans and a great way to remember Toriyama and his iconic contribution to Toonami. It's not just the DBZ extension either. The whole block feels like old times right now. It's really cool that we're still doing this 20 years in. At this point I don't know if I'll ever be able to quit the block. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Til next time friends. Rip Akira Toriyama and thanks for your groundbreaking creation that is Dragon Ball. There will never be anything else like it.

aguEReI.jpeg

431492487_787772600045186_44860285217981

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We now return to our regularly-scheduled program

Dragonball Z vs Kai (2024 UPDATED) All You Need to Know

DRAGON BALL Z KAI

EPISODE 4

Run in the Afterlife, Goku! The One Million Mile Snake Way!

Preparation for the Saiyans' arrival begins now!

Goku and Gohan each face harrowing challenges to draw out their true strength!

ONLY TOONAMI

• Like 1

Dragonball Z vs Kai (2024 UPDATED) All You Need to Know

DRAGON BALL Z KAI

EPISODE 5

Wilderness Survival! A Moonlit Night Awakens Gohan!

The warriors of Earth are called for training at Korin Tower!

Under his very first full moon, Gohan reveals to Piccolo the monstrous power of the Saiyans!

ONLY TOONAMI

• Like 1