UnevenEdge

6 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Raditz is an ass but I always liked him as a villain. Sucks he got killed off so fast haha  

would have been interesting to see him and Nappa come back after everyone else became ungodly strong

Raditz forced to babysit Pan because even Yamcha could kill him at that point....

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Raditz is an ass but I always liked him as a villain. Sucks he got killed off so fast haha  

Raditz is a great psycho troll villain.  And being Goku's brother too, I'm surprised he died so soon and never reappeared in any form or fashion.  He could've showed up in HFIL/Hell at least haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

would have been interesting to see him and Nappa come back after everyone else became ungodly strong

Raditz forced to babysit Pan because even Yamcha could kill him at that point....

Are you crazy?!  Just think how powerful Raditz and Nappa must have become training in the afterlife all this time!

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

forever appreciation for the 90s dub music, but this classic Japanese music is an unbeatable vibe, imo

Dragon Ball was more of a martial arts adventure type show, with Dragon Ball Z, it seemed to shift to a super-powered sci-fi type of thing, so the musical shift of the Faulconer score seemed to fit well enough.  But it's still cool to watch with the original music.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saito34 said:

There seems to be a pretty substantial gap in price between decent, servicable figures and the really nice ones. I'd like to grab a couple in the $85-100 range but that's probably my max.

Took me a while to find a decent picture on Google for some reason, but this is the Raditz I have.  I have that Nappa figure too.  I have a pretty big collection of these old Irwin Toys figures.  I have a few old Bandai figures, but they're different style and scale.

And yeah, that Banpresto figure I posted is like 95, forget that haha.

il_fullxfull.2636575407_gnsb.thumb.jpg.4501f9285336aa27fd53e005dcb73ea5.jpg

10 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Is there a more iconic VA performance than Raditz? It's the pitch perfect voice for this character.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4864

I guess this is the guy that played Raditz in that old Ocean dub for the Saiyan and Namek Sagas?  I remember him doing a pretty good job too.  But Justin Cook is awesome here as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Took me a while to find a decent picture on Google for some reason, but this is the Raditz I have.  I have that Nappa figure too.  I have a pretty big collection of these old Irwin Toys figures.  I have a few old Bandai figures, but they're different style and scale.

And yeah, that Banpresto figure I posted is like 95, forget that haha.

il_fullxfull.2636575407_gnsb.thumb.jpg.4501f9285336aa27fd53e005dcb73ea5.jpg

They all have a certain amount of charm though. There are a lot of figures in the $25-40 range that look good online or on the box, but they're pretty light and cheap in reality. I learned you need to spend a little more to get a real quality figure. Banpresto has some really nice ones. All the super nice ones I've seen end up being a little pricey for my tastes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

They all have a certain amount of charm though. There are a lot of figures in the $25-40 range that look good online or on the box, but they're pretty light and cheap in reality. I learned you need to spend a little more to get a real quality figure. Banpresto has some really nice ones. All the super nice ones I've seen end up being a little pricey for my tastes.

Yeah, I'm just so used to figures being actual toys, which I bought when I was a kid, teen, then adult collector.  I just can't see spending more than like 20-30 bucks, not for something brand new, anyway.  And I remember when figures used to be $5-10 or less.  

It is probably for the best I don't collect many figures anymore.  Not that I have much space for more anyway haha.

10 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i think the first time i saw this injury frm Piccolo was during the midnight run...maybe new year's evil

And I swear Piccolo had like 3 colors of blood over the course of the series. 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, I'm just so used to figures being actual toys, which I bought when I was a kid, teen, then adult collector.  I just can't see spending more than like 20-30 bucks, not for something brand new, anyway.  And I remember when figures used to be $5-10 or less.  

It is probably for the best I don't collect many figures anymore.  Not that I have much space for more anyway haha.

yeah I've spent $25-30 but no more. I'd consider spending more for something really special, but that's unlikely.

and I agree they take up too much damn space.

• Like 1