UnevenEdge

14 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I always forget that  the Saiyans in this series are actually aliens lol

Aliens that look just like humans and conveniently can have kids with them.  Except for the whole were-ape thing. 😄

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

remember when they couldn't show a kid getting hit and would have to cover it with a flash?

This is why I liked anime as a kid, among other reasons. Aside from some crazy plots, it was still more realistic that western animation. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

This is why I liked anime as a kid, among other reasons. Aside from some crazy plots, it was still more realistic that western animation. 

Yup, plus how they actually had continuous stories, loved that shit.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

remember when they couldn't show a kid getting hit and would have to cover it with a flash?

Dragon Ball had nudity, dismemberment and impalement, but couldn't show a kid getting hit. 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Aliens that look just like humans and conveniently can have kids with them.  Except for the whole wear-ape thing. 😄

True lol. It's such an unorthodox alien look along with unique abilities. It's one I actually like.

The whole super saiyan transformation thing has always been cool to me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i'm really excited for the projects coming out this year for this.

Just from googling for a pic I saw some headlines. I had no idea anything official was in the works. That's great news.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

The whole super saiyan transformation thing has always been cool to me. 

Yeah, so freaking cool.

Also, I still remember that moment on my VHS buying those tapes and all the buildup couple of eps to that moment.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They'll come to Earth, but not to avenge you, Raditz lmao.

Even dying, Raditz is still talking shit, but Piccolo shuts him up.

Bringing Raditz back to life would be a wasted wish. 🤣

Kai corrected the colors for Nappa and Vegeta's armor, and Vegeta's hair, here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Alright guys, I am going to watch the NK subs and the rest of the western coast broadcast on the sofa, I am super tired haha 

Had fun with everyone

Good night and sweet dreams!!

Have a good week!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Camping out and kinda looks like they're eating Saibamen or something close lol

Probably the local race of that planet.  Those beings might be sentient, so while not strictly cannibalism, since it's a different species, it's not far off.  The Saiyans really are war criminals haha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I read a bunch of it a long time ago and thought it was funny and good. Give it a read. 

Im so down for some comedy and Toriyama had an underrated sense of humor imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Alright guys, I am going to watch the NK subs and the rest of the western coast broadcast on the sofa, I am super tired haha 

Had fun with everyone

Good night and sweet dreams!!

Likewise atomic. See ya next time. Night!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, so freaking cool.

I still remember that moment on my VHS and all the buildup couple of eps to that moment.

Yeah,the build up and melodrama to Goku achieving the very first super Saiyan transformation was done well. Goku was justified to being that angry. I think it's one of anime's most iconic moments 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Although some western animated shows are an exception and had continuing stories, and/or more mature themes, plus stuff like Transformers and ThunderCats were hybrids of sorts.  I do enjoy western animation too.  That said, anime is a whole different beast, not just in animation, but in general.  

I'm glad Dragon Ball Z got me into it, as I baselessy hated anime before that haha.  Then it was "I hate all anime except for Dragon Ball Z," then I gradually started watching more series.  🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Dr Slump is funny too haha 

The Dr. Slump crossover in Dragon Ball was pretty fun.  I never got around to watching Dr. Slump, but I think will check it out sooner than later, now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Yeah,the build up and melodrama to Goku achieving the very first super Saiyan transformation was done well. Goku was justified to being that angry. I think it's one of anime's most iconic moments 

Definitely

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It takes you a few minutes to charge up the energy.  How you were ever planning to get this to work in an actual fight?

knowing goku, all he'd have had to do was say "hey, goku, see if you're strong enough to block THIS!!"

• Haha 1

So a heads up for people, according to online schedules, next weeks DBZ will be episode 4, NOT episode 9. So tonight is basically a huge waste of time unless you want to go to bed early for the next 5 weeks. 

Demarco really shit the bed with this whole thing. 

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

6 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

So a heads up for people, according to online schedules, next weeks DBZ will be episode 4, NOT episode 9. So tonight is basically a huge waste of time unless you want to go to bed early for the next 5 weeks. 

Demarco really shit the bed with this whole thing. 

Dude, give it a rest. I am super happy that we are getting ANY Toonami into the night. It is better than reruns of Futurama or KotH. If you are not happy with it then take you own advice and not waste your time watching. 

We get it, Demarco can be a turd, but this is a welcome change and it is being done as a tribute to the dead creator.. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Akira Toriyama Dead: 'Dragon Ball' Manga Creator Was 68

Living in a world without the master, the legend to whom we owe so much...

May he Rest in Peace

DRAGON BALL Z KAI

AKIRA TORIYAMA MEMORIAL MARATHON

2 am (EST) - 6 am (EST)

Episodes 1 - 8

ONLY TOONAMI

Edited by CorbeauKarasu
  • Thanks 1