UnevenEdge

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Dude, give it a rest. I am super happy that we are getting ANY Toonami into the night. It is better than reruns of Futurama or KotH. If you are not happy with it then take you own advice and not waste your time watching. 

We get it, Demarco can be a turd, but this is a welcome change and it is being done as a tribute to the dead creator.. 

I’m not watching it lmao, I need zero encouragement for that. 

I just want to make sure people are aware that these episodes they will binge tonight are going straight back into the normal rotation and Demarco really half assed this entire night purely to preserve a very long rerun of a show slightly longer. If they were gonna do that, they should have done a “best of” with all the action dense episodes. 

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

So a heads up for people, according to online schedules, next weeks DBZ will be episode 4, NOT episode 9. So tonight is basically a huge waste of time unless you want to go to bed early for the next 5 weeks. 

Demarco really shit the bed with this whole thing. 

Or it's a well-meaning tribute to the creator of the series that literally made Toonami a success all those years ago, you cynical bag of unused toilet paper.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I’m not watching it lmao, I need zero encouragement for that. 

I just want to make sure people are aware that these episodes they will binge tonight are going straight back into the normal rotation and Demarco really half assed this entire night purely to preserve a very long rerun of a show slightly longer. If they were gonna do that, they should have done a “best of” with all the action dense episodes. 

Yea dude, you are doing such a great public service lmao 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

if it were done differently, the complaint would be that people unable to watch tonight would miss a bunch of episodes.

this is perfectly fine and welcome

that guy is just a constant contrarian regardless of what [as] does. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I am fine with this marathon.  On such short notice, it's not like Toonami could pick out a Dragon Ball Z movie or something to air.  I'm glad we still got our premieres for our "headliners" tonight, and glad to have this marathon. 

Besides, we've all seen this show in some form dozens of times anyway haha.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, not a complete waste. We ACTUALLY got the full OP tonight!

I remember so many of us kept begging Demarco to play the Vic version of Dragon Soul.  It was the best performance of it.  But he never did.  Then later on Vic imploded.  I wonder if it was intentional or coincidental that Demarco never played that version of Dragon Soul.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Or it's a well-meaning tribute to the creator of the series that literally made Toonami a success all those years ago, you cynical bag of unused toilet paper.

Yea a great tribute, just 1-8 instead of actually putting a little thought into the episode selection. Really feeling the love and respect here. 

16 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

that guy is just a constant contrarian regardless of what [as] does. 

You are being SUPER fragile over a quick heads up of information. And come on, I have been on board with every new pickup this year so far. I’m only a “contrarian” when they do bad things. 

• D'oh 2

13 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, I am fine with this marathon.  On such short notice, it's not like Toonami could pick out a Dragon Ball Z movie or something to air.  I'm glad we still got our premieres for our "headliners" tonight, and glad to have this marathon. 

Besides, we've all seen this show in some form dozens of times anyway haha.

Yup

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

is that Launch line in the manga, too?

i always found it weird that Toriyama "forgot" about her, but mentions her absence the very first time she's absent. 

I'm not sure if this Launch comment was even in the original anime.  But, if the line is only in the anime and not the manga, it's definitely a pothole patch haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Yea a great tribute, just 1-8 instead of actually putting a little thought into the episode selection. Really feeling the love and respect here. 

You are being SUPER fragile over a quick heads up of information. And come on, I have been on board with every new pickup this year so far. I’m only a “contrarian” when they do bad things. 

Dude just go back to /a/ or reddit with your fragility bullshit. There is nothing bad here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i JUST the other day realized that Tanjiro and Koichi from Diamond is Unbreakable have the same english VA

Haha.  Only thing I can think of, is I would've only recognized Sonny Strait as Krillin back then.  His Krillin voice sounds nothing like his Bardock voice. 

But hearing him as characters like Hughes and Usopp, you can tell it's Sonny Strait playing Bardock.  But I'm sure I watched Dragon Ball Z again after I saw Fullmetal Alchemist and One Piece.  Maybe I just forgot, but that's not much better hahaha.

• Like 2

81B4vpp5YL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.867bfb1fa5d71917a87843b815293d03.jpg

This Raditz figure is pretty badass.  Too bad it's expensive as heck.

While I was looking up Raditz, I saw an old Irwin Toys Raditz like the one I have going for $25.  Not as valuable as I expected, but that's not why I collected figures.  It's still a cool figure.

• Like 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

81B4vpp5YL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.867bfb1fa5d71917a87843b815293d03.jpg

This Raditz figure is pretty badass.  Too bad it's expensive as heck.

While I was looking up Raditz, I saw an old Irwin Toys Raditz like the one I have going for $25.  Not as valuable as I expected, but that's not why I collected figures.  It's still a cool figure.

There seems to be a pretty substantial gap in price between decent, servicable figures and the really nice ones. I'd like to grab a couple in the $85-100 range but that's probably my max.

• Like 1