UnevenEdge

UFOs: Not just for Tinfoil Hats anymore

So I used to work with a guy I considered a tinfoil hat looney who talked about how he used to work for a military branch that dealt with aliens.  Had pictures on his cellphone of UFOs that I just acknowledged as "neat" while thinking "yup, that's a photoshop.  Oh, there are greys?  Yup, that's a shop."  He talked about how the alien life fed on emotion and really thrived on chaos, confusion, and hatred, so the U.S. government has been all about perpetual warfare to please them and as a result get advanced technology they can reverse engineer.

I'm not sure ol' boy was a tinfoil hat looney now.

• Like 2

The head of the Pentagon office responsible for investigating UFOs is firing back at a whistleblower who accused the U.S. of covering up a longstanding government program to recover extraterrestrials from unidentified craft.

The recently-established All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office has found no evidence to support those allegations, Sean Kirkpatrick wrote in a Thursday memo.

A user posted the memo on social media and Kirkpatrick confirmed its authenticity to POLITICO. The memo reflects Kirkpatrick’s personal opinions and not the position of the U.S. government, he wrote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/28/pentagon-ufo-boss-congress-hearing-00108822

Edited by Raptorpat
on mobile
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

So I used to work with a guy I considered a tinfoil hat looney who talked about how he used to work for a military branch that dealt with aliens.  Had pictures on his cellphone of UFOs that I just acknowledged as "neat" while thinking "yup, that's a photoshop.  Oh, there are greys?  Yup, that's a shop."  He talked about how the alien life fed on emotion and really thrived on chaos, confusion, and hatred, so the U.S. government has been all about perpetual warfare to please them and as a result get advanced technology they can reverse engineer.

I'm not sure ol' boy was a tinfoil hat looney now.

I am certain there are aliens, but I doubt they feed off our emotions or anything like that. So there may have been holes in his tinfoil hat.

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

I love how their big reveal is the most bog-standard stereotypical Grey-looking thing ever.

I read a thread somewhere that showed all the scientists' evidence, about the DNA and the bone structure and the eggs and the liquid diet mouth and I'm just kinda hung up on like "if there was an alien, would it *really* have two arms, two legs, a humanoid face and body structure, opposable thumbs, eggs, or even like DNA as we understand it?" I just assume aliens aren't just star wars, it'd probably be stuff we wouldn't even know to comprehend.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut it is fun to think about, so I get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I read a thread somewhere that showed all the scientists' evidence, about the DNA and the bone structure and the eggs and the liquid diet mouth and I'm just kinda hung up on like "if there was an alien, would it *really* have two arms, two legs, a humanoid face and body structure, opposable thumbs, eggs, or even like DNA as we understand it?" I just assume aliens aren't just star wars, it'd probably be stuff we wouldn't even know to comprehend.

That doesn't mean the thing doesn't look biological it looked like it Like some kind of sculpture.  Plus most people believe if there's before your visited by alien in life it's going to be artificial alien life any ways

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 3:48 PM, Raptorpat said:

OK OK OK so hear me out:

Yes, it's true that in the vastness of the universe, life probably develops in all sorts of ways we don't know to comprehend.

BUT!

To the extent that the 3D reality our senses perceive is the extent of what there is (so no fourth-dimensional shenanigans etc.), it seems like there are three fundamental components necessary for a race to achieve advancement necessary to travel the stars:

• intelligence/logic
  • communication to transmit/retain information
  • the physical ability to finely manipulate the environment

So here's the thought. We all know dolphins are real smart, right? Check off box one. And we know they are very social and can communicate, yeah? Ok, check box two. Here's where they fall flat, they've got no fuckin hands. They can manipulate the environment with their faces, or their bodies, at best. They simply cannot make complex tools necessary to develop a civilization, not even getting to the spacefaring part. All the intelligence in the world doesn't make up for the fact that they don't have fuckin hands.

Maybe - just maybe - the basic body structure with hands/digits is just like a biological minimum threshold to ever have the possibility of developing a civilization that can explore the stars.

But what about octopi....we've all seen tentacle monsters/aliens...those things should be able to built, operate, manipulate....

But I'll have to go do some research on just how intelligent they are and their ability to communicate....just going off my own shitty memory and/or fabricated bullshit, I seem to recall them being intelligent, but not so much sure about their ability to be social and potentially create a civilization.

.....the reality being im probably just gonna play more warcraft

• Like 1

I almost included octopi in there but it didn't really fit the narrative I was selling on body type. They are super intelligence with problem solving skills and the ability to use tools. Their problem is that they have extremely short lifespans disproportionate to their intelligence. Each generation resets at square 1.

But there might also be something to be said about marine life versus land-based life, and we don't have any land-based tentacle monsters to compare to. Which probably reverts back to the "we don't know what we don't know" rationale.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...