UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Fifth (Penultimate) Challenge: Where There's Smoke...

Game Master

Here is the fifth challenge and where we separate the contenders from the crowd.

Remember the villain Spike came face to face at the thrilling conclusion of the first round?  He is actually part of a cabal of custodial who feel they're being ignored.  Seeing the celebrations for our newest holiday, they've decided to stage a protest in front one of the premiere events (think Joker in the Burton's Batman where he tries to take over Gotham City's birthday parade for... reasons).  Someone has to stop them, and it's you the select few who've made it this far in the competition.

This will be a scavenger hunt.  Each participant will have to find a ridiculous venue (i.e.a website for a dilapidated amusement park), choose an activity they're doing at the time (i.e. a video of marital arts fails), and choose a weapon for fighting the janitors from inside their house (take a picture of it on your phone or find a web image of it - anything will work except a real weapon).  Then you put it all together into a story in whatever way suits your talents:  write a story, draw a picture, or just give us a play-by-play in your post (with the links to your scavenger "finds" of course).  Our contestants this round will be @discolé monade, @Vela, @Seight, @blueraven1999, @The_annoying_one, @molarbear, and @ghostrek.  Of this seven, four move on to the final round. Disco and Vela each crushed the competition last round and, as a reward for that tie, they are being awarded a bonus point each.

I'm giving this competition just over a week to complete.  Submissions are due:  Friday, 07/28/23 at 11pm EDT.

Good Luck ASMB Survivors!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I won't be able to take a picture and upload it here.  I lack the ability.

I never post here from my phone and I've only sent pics to my friends a few

times on my phone and I had a very hard time with it.  That was just with email I think.

Do I have I drop out because I can't post a picture or would just a story be okay?

To be fair I did say before the competition started that I can't take pics with my phone

and post it here.

31 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

I won't be able to take a picture and upload it here.  I lack the ability.

I never post here from my phone and I've only sent pics to my friends a few

times on my phone and I had a very hard time with it.  That was just with email I think.

Do I have I drop out because I can't post a picture or would just a story be okay?

To be fair I did say before the competition started that I can't take pics with my phone

and post it here.

You do not need to upload anything.  Posting links will be fine, just as you would for your YT videos.  If you have trouble, let me know and I can do for you.

2 hours ago, ghostrek said:

You know as a former janitor i do know a lot of chemicals janitors use are toxic to breathe in not mention make good makeshift weapons similar to pepper spray

On 7/20/2023 at 2:01 PM, Game Master said:

anything will work except a real weapon).   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ghostrek said:

You know as a former janitor i do know a lot of chemicals janitors use are toxic to breathe in not mention make good makeshift weapons similar to pepper spray

As long as they can’t reasonably kill someone.  Like, ammonia would not be ok.  Simple Green, would probably be fine.  Cigarettes….. let’s say they’re not deadly for this particular challenge.

18 hours ago, scoobdog said:

As long as they can’t reasonably kill someone.  Like, ammonia would not be ok.  Simple Green, would probably be fine.  Cigarettes….. let’s say they’re not deadly for this particular challenge.

that a hard one

Meanwhile, on the seedy side of town….

“Alright, team. We only get one shot at this. I must say, T_a_o and br1999, the two of you really picked the perfect spot for an ambush.”

VW-Ferris-Wheel-Print.jpg

*in unison* “Thank you, Captain Vela!”

"Alright, let's save the sappy shit for later. Our intel shows that Packard is planning to overthrow Banana Sticker Day here tonight. We must prevent that at all cost!”

*T_a_o & br1999 in unison again* “Yes, Captain! We will not let you down!”

*Captain sighs and mumbles under her breath* “I'm working with a couple of damn amateurs here...."

T_a_o: “Wait...what's that up ahead? Is that...."FURSUITS ❤❤❤ — fursuit-gifs: Source

br1999: “I think that's Packard. But who's with him? And why are they dressed as furries??”

Captain: “Nevermind that! Are the weapons ready??”

T_a_o: “I've got them right here, Cap--"

Explosions GIFs | Tenor

Captain: "What the fuck was that?!?!”

T_a_o: “It appeared to be an explosion of some sort.”

Captain: "No shit, Sherlock! But where did it come from?!"

br1999: "This has ghostrek written all over it...."

Captain: "Weapons ready?"

*in unison* "Aye, Captain!"

Captain: *sigh* “Just get them ready. The two of you are giving me a headache...."

br1999: "I've got them right here, Captain."

The 10 best garden hoses you need for 2022

Captain: "Good, because here they come!!"

https://youtu.be/sH4u1TisZfE

It was a long, hard battle, but in the end, Banana Sticker Day was saved.

Unfortunately, there were no survivors in the preceding battle.

Edited by The_annoying_one
I missed a LOT of quotation marks….
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

We throwing down at a 90's Mcduck's playground

I was currently there auditioning for a role in the upcoming star trek, grey's anatomy, walking dead super mix where everyone dies in the first 10 seconds and you slowly over the course of 5 years develop a need to order charmin anytime you hear church bells

I feel no further need to explain how my weapon of choice is going to end the world Janitor rebellion

-end speech

mcduck's playground.jpg

me sur.jpg

pocket sand.jpg

Edited by molarbear
*those are my knees in the pocket sand photo.. I'm sitting apple sauce style
  • Haha 7

On 7/26/2023 at 1:34 AM, molarbear said:

We throwing down at a 90's Mcduck's playground

I was currently there auditioning for a role in the upcoming star trek, grey's anatomy, walking dead super mix where everyone dies in the first 10 seconds and you slowly over the course of 5 years develop a need to order charmin anytime you hear church bells

I feel no further need to explain how my weapon of choice is going to end the world Janitor rebellion

-end speech

mcduck's playground.jpg

me sur.jpg

pocket sand.jpg

lmfao *takes a breath*  oh man, those....do NOT look like knees...

ahahahaha...I'm dying again 🤣🤣🤣 I see thighs and stomach like the pic was taken from above a shelf or something.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is today the last day of submissions?  It’s midnight, right?  I alway fuck that up when someone says “Friday at midnight” I automatically go to what’s technically Saturday at midnight. 🫠

Yeah, even though it is technically wrong, that's what I was thinking too. I feel like most people do except pompous asshats who want to argue semantics.

Shut up Scoob 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is today the last day of submissions?  It’s midnight, right?  I alway fuck that up when someone says “Friday at midnight” I automatically go to what’s technically Saturday at midnight. 🫠

No, its Friday at 11PM, so it's tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Is this future or past dweller time? 

Let’s say you’re facing a map rn are we doin left coast or right coast time?

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Vela said:

lmfao *takes a breath*  oh man, those....do NOT look like knees...

ahahahaha...I'm dying again 🤣🤣🤣 I see thighs and stomach like the pic was taken from above a shelf or something.

*Stretches neck really fucking far and stops eating leafs

definitely Bee's, I was just born the same year Chernobyl happened

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is this future or past dweller time? 

Let’s say you’re facing a map rn are we doin left coast or right coast time?

This is why Central should be the Universal time zone for games/meetings/bidnaz/ and uemb

desk.jpg

bee's.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2