UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Fifth (Penultimate) Challenge: Where There's Smoke...

Game Master

23 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i too, am sitting criss/cross applesauce, at this very moment. 

: 0

I will say this from now on....seems right.

I felt my post may be insensitive....

Incidentally, I'm currently trying to unveil how much Native blood I actually have since my kids qualify as Native here, and frankly I'm leaving money on the table not pursuing it.

I really never wanted to delve into this....mostly because it seems disrespectful to me....I'm black, obviously so, but the native community here is actually trying to expand and want you to claim it if you can. My great gma was full Choctaw and even though this is Chickasaw Nation, there are programs for other tribes. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I will say this from now on....seems right.

I felt my post may be insensitive....

Incidentally, I'm currently trying to unveil how much Native blood I actually have since my kids qualify as Native here, and frankly I'm leaving money on the table not pursuing it.

I really never wanted to delve into this....mostly because it seems disrespectful to me....I'm black, obviously so, but the native community here is actually trying to expand and want you to claim it if you can. My great gma was full Choctaw and even though this is Chickasaw Nation, there are programs for other tribes. 

oh, i wasn't saying anything about that. i get it, we grew up with that. some things.....eh

i've just been saying criss cross, since boot camp, and the applesauce came from the kids being in daycare. XD

and hell yeah you should be trying to get that $$

shit. 

I was going to ask @scoobdog if I should still submit this, but it doesn't look like he's online right now.

So I'll go ahead and put it here and let him decide later.

As the city took part in banana themed activities a faction of disgruntled Janitors set their plans into motion.  Underpaid and overlooked, they gleaned to bring down every banquet hall that they have ever worked at…but specifically the ones that cater to the wealthy (whom the janitors blame as being notoriously exploitative of Banana Sticker Day.)

6jiO-o8RkqBgNFGC2CrVQ06cLK7polws72ULVIxyCizj1EgJqasYxhb9oJqrPQwr4iIoSZxZ_XC3sQdqp4fEJDx_eaYlkemWnhYTR-1J0kP9g_JT7VMeEVWnyOVCadJOuDUVjp5dumC5rclnpaAesIs

In order to stop them the government had hired a band of internet misfits (it’s the holidays, the options were stark).  And they are…

T_a_o: Master of Disguise (as you’ll discover in the vid). Masquerading as one of the Janitor “Brethren.”

blueraven: Extensive Anime Knowledge (also master of disguise)

Disco:  Macrame of Truth (lasso made with fiber arts) (and also…okay everybody is a master of disguise in the vid) 

Seight:   He’s got a baseball bat and an AEW belt.  We really don’t know with this guy.

Molarbear:    Army of Hovering Guinea Pigs (the science is SO CLOSE!)

ghostrek: Our plant on the inside.  Lead Undercover Janitorial ”Brethren.”

And lastly

Leichenvene Vela:

qzqP2VvRJ_iCBGbOKKUsgQ3geuWtuaDyEC9yuDdxBXlPKYG1fsLIAiw01i1Meuxii6_rvEqj2kYYCkwrDbzrZMEyt_KMpLyqoh1Hf2aMLkzknJrUtjNJ4t2076mm4m-kQZHp2NZCFXQTottggw2W2ogWith CLAWS OF DEATH!  They’re actually called meat claws and they’re actually in her kitchen because they’re actually for pulling pork.  Not a weapon.

This footage, from security cameras inside one of the venues, is currently broadcasting on all the news stations:  Our team of misfits can be seen disguised as dinner guests or staff.  In this particular footage The Villain has torn off his uniform revealing a posh suit underneath in preparation for his anarchist speech…but somebody interjects…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Welp, whatever chance I had of winning probably just went right the fuck out the window! And you know what? I’m perfectly okay with that. Disco and Vela both had perfect submissions and I’m a little torn on who to vote for.

Go with your gut, Disco had way more details than I did.  Plus I give more credit to people who can readily come up with ideas.  Also, depending on what the Game Master decides regarding my tardiness, the choice may well be decided for you :RoboSurprise:

Edited by Vela
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Go with your gut, Disco had way more details than I did.  Plus I give more credit to people who can readily come up with ideas.  Also, depending on what the Game Master decides regarding my tardiness, the choice may well be decided for you :RoboSurprise:

My gut is telling me to take the coward’s way out and just vote for myself. Of course, it’ll probably be like last time and I’ll be the only one to vote for me. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Disco may have had more details, but you had that absolutely perfect video. Seriously, that alone could have been enough to seal it for you. I think your submission should be valid since the game hasn’t been officially declared ended. That’s not for me to say, though, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I...

Where did you get that...

umm-wait.gif

:LithiumSmileyLaugh: I also know trivia about that scene because I'm a production properties nerd.  The filming for this scene took an entire week and the cake had to be rebuilt every night.  And STILL it was not the largest in scale (that goes to the film The Battle of the Century) nor was it the most expensive pie fight in cinema history (The Great Race).  I so wanted to include The Great Race because I know blueraven loves pie to the faces xD  That was the other clip I mentioned to you that I would have used if I had time to edit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Since we had so many dropouts and no shows, I’ll allow it @Vela.

That's exactly why I posted it!  You said last challenge that you were disappointed by the no-shows, I didn't wanna not post anything.  Sorry I wasn't able to spend time on it until tonight.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

hahaha...the claws are death are a staple around this house. they are a magnificent tool. *we smoke a lot of meats*

that was quite clever @Vela

good luck to everyone. 

/ :

I mean not for nuthn but those things are effn sharp!  I've only started getting into smoking meat (not very good at it yet :LithiumSmileyLaugh:).  But when I first got the claws I thought they would be more stabby stabby for some reason...but no...they're fricken KNIFE HANDS!

And thank you.

Good luck jeff goldblum GIF on GIFER - by Balladogar

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

My gut is telling me to take the coward’s way out and just vote for myself. Of course, it’ll probably be like last time and I’ll be the only one to vote for me. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Disco may have had more details, but you had that absolutely perfect video. Seriously, that alone could have been enough to seal it for you. I think your submission should be valid since the game hasn’t been officially declared ended. That’s not for me to say, though, unfortunately.

If Vela's submission doesn't count, I'll be voting for you.

I liked your submission the most until I saw Vela's.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Vela said:

:LithiumSmileyLaugh: I also know trivia about that scene because I'm a production properties nerd.  The filming for this scene took an entire week and the cake had to be rebuilt every night.  And STILL it was not the largest in scale (that goes to the film The Battle of the Century) nor was it the most expensive pie fight in cinema history (The Great Race).  I so wanted to include The Great Race because I know blueraven loves pie to the faces xD  That was the other clip I mentioned to you that I would have used if I had time to edit.

It was a great pie fight.  One I've never seen before.  I've seen The Great Race before and that was a great pie fight

but I'm glad you used footage from a different movie.  It was nice to see something new.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

If Vela's submission doesn't count, I'll be voting for you.

I liked your submission the most until I saw Vela's.

Thank you. 
I am in no way unhappy with my submission. I think I did really well (if a little too vulgar 😂). 
I think Disco and I could be neck-and-neck, but I firmly believe Vela should probably win. And not only because she and I are very close friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:37 PM, The_annoying_one said:

T_a_o: “I've got them right here, Cap--"

Explosions GIFs | Tenor

Captain: "What the fuck was that?!?!”

T_a_o: “It appeared to be an explosion of some sort.”

Captain: "No shit, Sherlock! But where did it come from?!"

My favorite part.

I can’t choose! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1