UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

5 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Getting a bit disheartened.  I live in a state firmly entrenched in the Democratic Party.  One of the Chicago collar counties was hard Republican, but the Dems are making in-roads.  That's not the problem.  I drive to work & back through a town a few miles away and every day, it seems, another house puts up a Trump sign...or 30.  They're outnumbering the Harris home signs by 5:1.  

Tell me about it.  I think they just want to be louder to discourage others.

Speaking of, after not being allowed to endorse Harris, the head of the LA Times Editorial board resigned.

https://www.cjr.org/business_of_news/los-angeles-times-editorials-editor-resigns-after-owner-blocks-presidential-endorsement.php

On 10/22/2024 at 4:55 PM, André Toulon said:

I read the LA Times article on this. And lol. I means, it's obvious who they would've endorsed if the billionaire owner didn't come in swinging his dick around. Seems last time he did something like this, some of his staff walked. 

10 minutes ago, Jman said:

Speaking of, after not being allowed to endorse Harris, the head of the LA Times Editorial board resigned.

So I guess bro hasn't learned his lesson 

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

a bunch of grifty right-wingers like Charlie Kirk and Jack Posobiec have apparently been preemptively pushing out to their audiences that the Dems are going to release a deepfake of Trump doing terrible things, and some right-wing journalists like Mark Halperin (newsmax) have also claimed they were shopped a story that would end Trump's campaign if it were substantiated. 

idk that those two things are connected, but it appears that griftland is gearing up either way. the story shopping doesn't even make sense, why would someone shop a damaging Trump expose to newsmax or RCP unless they wanted some of that catch-and-kill money?

we're balls deep into the silly season and it's probably worth just tuning anything and everything out

Let's go pee tape!