UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

1 minute ago, Insipid said:

Damn, I never realized there were that many Poles (800k) here in PA. Makes sense, considering stereotypical Pittsurgh food are shit like pierogies, haluski, and paczki.

Not sure if it's still true, but Chicago had/has the second largest Polish population outside of Warsaw.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I don't think this debate is gonna sway many people, but I think Harris has proven she can hold her own.

I think she met the bar in introducing herself and setting up bait for Trump. Very adequate. He struggled to the extent that he kept losing his stride due to real-time fact checking on the most plainly obvious stuff, and also falling for the bait.

I don't think it will move the needle much, but will probably if anything lock in slim Harris leads in the bulk of the swing states and isolate the race into those couple of swing states (PA/NC/GA).

That being said, some of the stupid shit he said could go viral so who knows.

• Like 4

Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most. As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country.

Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site. It really conjured up my fears around AI, and the dangers of spreading misinformation. It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth.

I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election. I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make. I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.

With love and hope,

Taylor Swift
Childless Cat Lady

Taylor Swift | Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and... | Instagram

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Insipid said:

I don't think this debate is gonna sway many people, but I think Harris has proven she can hold her own.

Are debates really about swaying anyone, or are they just a contest to see who can produce the most/best sound clips?

• Like 3

I watched the entirety of the last debate (and believe me I really wish I hadn't now), so honestly didn't pay that close attention to this one, but did have it on while I was doing other stuff and listened to portions of it. Watching the post debate coverage seems like it went pretty much exactly as I expected it would all along, and that is because I don't think Trump has ever won a single debate against anyone. Even the last one he didn't win; Biden just lost it by coming off incoherent and not all there at times, reinforcing everyone's concerns about his age.

All Harris really had to do is be her competent self and let Trump self-destruct, which he did in spades. I mean really the only moment I think I needed to see was him bringing up the bald-faced bull shit about people having their pets eaten by migrants, cuz sorry you make some cuckoo claim people are eating cats and dogs, you lose. It's as simple as that. Add in the Taylor Swift endorsement for Harris then, and it's just simply an awful night for old agent orange. Will any of it make a real difference in the end. I'd be lying if I thought we are by any means out of the woods, as my faith in the human race is as always running on empty and will continue to do so until at the very least this is all over and finally decided.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Are debates really about swaying anyone, or are they just a contest to see who can produce the most/best sound clips?

I think primary debates are about swaying, but general election debates are more about justifying voting to your designated base

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

The Harris campaign thinks it was a win, they want a round 2

This is hilarious. Before they'd even gotten to the first debate, Kamala was being nagged about why she wouldn't agree to more debates. It was obviously an attempt to make her look weak and frightened but she handled it so well that the constant badgering just sounded childish.

Now that the first debate is over, Trump should have jumped back on it, demanding another round. That it was Kamala who did so is a display of what we already knew - she is more resilient than him and she's far more organized. He couldn't focus on anything if his life depended on it and he's scared.

• Like 6

Love the memes coming out of this debate but eventually I gotta get serious and see if the candidates are still tied.  Only in America could a candidate say the shit Trump was saying and still remain a serious contender to the Presidency.  We know what he’s gonna do if he’s president. We sat through this crazy movie before. We should not be wanting a sequel 

IMG_6503.jpeg.cdd486edb4565832821b3a980ea3a6d1.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Only in America could a candidate say the shit Trump was saying and still remain a serious contender to the Presidency.  

only in this country, can a man, that caused an uprising, and ultimateley ,insurrection of the u.s,

only in this country can a 34 count felon (and counting-still facing +60 more indictments), 

only in this country can a man, on hot mic, brag about being able to grab the women by the pussy and subsequently get caught grabbing a woman by the pussy and trying to cover it up....while married....to his 3rd wife? 4th? 

only in this country, can the masses, be so fucking stupid to believe he is the best choice. 

it's all a fucking sham...but at least we, the people, need to pretend about it's all about the democracy, ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

only in this country, can a man, that caused an uprising, and ultimateley ,insurrection of the u.s,

only in this country can a 34 count felon (and counting-still facing +60 more indictments), 

only in this country can a man, on hot mic, brag about being able to grab the women by the pussy and subsequently get caught grabbing a woman by the pussy and trying to cover it up....while married....to his 3rd wife? 4th? 

only in this country, can the masses, be so fucking stupid to believe he is the best choice. 

it's all a fucking sham...but at least we, the people, need to pretend about it's all about the democracy, ffs. 

Trump saying “they just asked me to show up to a speech” concerning Jan 6 was just bonkers 

• Like 3