UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I love her too.  She's fucking out there and her whole schtick is strange to be strange, but that's kind of a fun contrast to the pretentious pop princesses performing in the same space.

Plus, the way she intones "shit" makes me think she could make 2 girls 1 cup mildly attractive.

Yes and also her entire angsty California beach girl vibe amuses me 😆

• Haha 1

lol

In an angry phone call to a New York Times reporter as he landed several hours away from his planned rally in Bozeman, Mont., because of a mechanical issue on his plane, Mr. Trump excoriated The Times for its coverage of his meandering news conference on Thursday at Mar-a-Lago, his private club and home, during which he told of an emergency landing during a helicopter trip that he said both he and Mr. Brown had made together.

It appeared Mr. Trump may have confused Willie Brown with Jerry Brown, the former governor of California, with whom Mr. Trump traveled by helicopter in 2018 while surveying wildfire damage in the state. But Jerry Brown, who left office in January 2019, said through a spokesman, “There was no emergency landing and no discussion of Kamala Harris.”

“We have the flight records of the helicopter,” Mr. Trump insisted Friday, saying the helicopter had landed “in a field,” and indicating that he intended to release the flight records, before shouting that he was “probably going to sue” over the Times article.

When asked to produce the flight records, Mr. Trump responded mockingly, repeating the request in a sing-song voice. As of early Friday evening, he had not provided them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/09/us/politics/trump-helicopter-landing.html

• Haha 5

Trump campaign got hacked, they claim it was Iran

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign said Saturday that some of its internal communications had been hacked.

The acknowledgment came after POLITICO began receiving emails from an anonymous account with documents from inside Trump’s operation.

The campaign blamed “foreign sources hostile to the United States,” citing a Microsoft report on Friday that Iranian hackers “sent a spear phishing email in June to a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign.” Microsoft did not identify the campaign targeted by the email and declined to comment Saturday. POLITICO has not independently verified the identity of the hacker or their motivation, and a Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/10/trump-campaign-hack-00173503

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Trump campaign got hacked, they claim it was Iran

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/10/trump-campaign-hack-00173503

Contained in that article is the more alarming news that U.S. intelligence believes Iran is trying to assassinate Trump as revenge for the 2020 U.S. killing of an Iranian military official. The July 13 assassination attempt on Trump is *not* related to that though. 

My speculation: that might be why Trump isn't doing many rallies. 

Edited by Belize
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

* retires from service after 24 years.

* his former company gets called up for a deployment months after his retirement.

'WALZ DODGED HIS MILITARY SERVICE! WARGH!'

Drumpf got numerous deferments when his ticket legitimately came up, culminating in finding a doctor willing to diagnose him with 'bone spurs' so he wouldn't get anymore draft notices. He called POWs losers. He refused to go to a veterans cemetery in the rain because it was wet. He attacked Gold Star families who wouldn't kiss his ass. His own people are attacking the act of authorizing VA hospitals as voting sites because that might make it too easy for those people to vote. He's been attacking mail-in ballots since forever - something that is used very highly by those in the military since they aren't always in their own state of residence to vote on the day of. 

'DrUmPf LoVeS vEtErAnS! vErY pAtRiOtIc! MuCh WoW!'

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

This is going to sound crazy but both of them were in military service to our country. It's kind of disgusting to denigrate the service of someone who served our country for 24 years. Vance is too much of a fucking prick to respect a fellow service member's service because he's an asshole. A weird asshole.

Edited by matrixman124
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

If anyone is looking for a home for all things weird this subreddit is fun to scan sometimes: https://www.reddit.com/r/WeirdGOP/

And also a little disturbing... I genuinely hope that I live long enough for people to study this period in time. Can you just imagine the kinds of articles that will be written about cults and mental health? I love this stuff. I mean, not living through it...but reading about it later...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

* retires from service after 24 years.

* his former company gets called up for a deployment months after his retirement.

'WALZ DODGED HIS MILITARY SERVICE! WARGH!'

Drumpf got numerous deferments when his ticket legitimately came up, culminating in finding a doctor willing to diagnose him with 'bone spurs' so he wouldn't get anymore draft notices. He called POWs losers. He refused to go to a veterans cemetery in the rain because it was wet. He attacked Gold Star families who wouldn't kiss his ass. His own people are attacking the act of authorizing VA hospitals as voting sites because that might make it too easy for those people to vote. He's been attacking mail-in ballots since forever - something that is used very highly by those in the military since they aren't always in their own state of residence to vote on the day of. 

'DrUmPf LoVeS vEtErAnS! vErY pAtRiOtIc! MuCh WoW!'

Does @Master-Debater131 ever actually refute anything or does she just talk to herself? It's just so weird and I'm fascinated. I feel like I'm watching an animal at the zoo.

I'm still waiting to hear her thoughts on Trump's unpatriotic abandonment of his country. It's been a few weeks I think. Maybe she's still looking for a meme?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Does @Master-Debater131 ever actually refute anything or does she just talk to herself? It's just so weird and I'm fascinated. I feel like I'm watching an animal at the zoo.

I'm still waiting to hear her thoughts on Trump's unpatriotic abandonment of his country. It's been a few weeks I think. Maybe she's still looking for a meme?

She's always been like that. Just throwing out her thoughts regardless of what we think of it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

She's always been like that. Just throwing out her thoughts regardless of what we think of it.

Ah, I already assumed there'd be no changing her mind but using public forums as a diary is kind of a Boomer thing, no? I can't tell you the number of times a geriatric has asked me, "Why are you even commenting?" Because you posted it in public, how is this still confusing?!

This is how you know that MAGA is bankrupt. A "master debater" who can't debate? That's what happens when you have a weak political platform to debate from. But most humans aren't developmentally able to change course when confronted with new information. This quirk worked for humans in the past but I think we're on the other side of that bell curve...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

guess who is back on twitter in advance of his big "interview" tonight

Screenshot_20240812-124235.png

MAGAts never seem to be able to explain what was better for them under Trump. I remember having this "conversation" with one of them several years ago. Since they are such overemotional little creatures, she went on this long, heartfelt speech about how Trump did great things for her family, one of which she listed as "being able to afford their house".

MAGAts are odd though - they like to credit Trump with heroic deeds but also don't like to look bad, except for when they want to cosplay as an oppressed people. So I said, "I'm glad Trump made it so you can afford your house", I literally just reiterated her own sentence knowing that she was lying and, in the process - because lies are hard to keep straight - indicated they were poor. She immediately snapped back, "We didn't need help affording our house!"

...So then you didn't actually see any improvement, you just developed a parasocial relationship with a conman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've been trying to think up a rhetorical questioning (I've only gotten to try out on my mom so far) where I ask them to name any explicit thing that he did that helped anything, with the caveat that it had to happen because of him specifically and not from having a Republican administration/Congress in general. Then as an example I concede updating NAFTA, because no one else would've risked cutting ties with Canada to do that.

I just want to be able to pin someone down, whether it's that they like what he says, whether they just like anyone with an R next to their name, or whether they just don't actually know how any of it works.

• Like 2

MEANWHILE

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign flew in a blue Gulfstream jet formerly owned by sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, using it to travel to several campaign fundraisers over the weekend, the Miami Herald has confirmed.

Trump, enroute on his own private plane to a campaign event in Bozeman, Montana last week, unexpectedly landed in Billings because of mechanical problems, a campaign spokeswoman said. He and part of his staff then flew on a small charter to Bozeman for a rally Friday night. The next day, he switched to another larger Gulfstream with a serial number that matches a plane once owned by Epstein, his former neighbor in Palm Beach, the campaign confirmed.

“The campaign had no awareness that the charter plane had been owned by Mr. Epstein,” the spokeswoman said, adding that the charter was commissioned by a vendor that has often been used by the campaign. “We heard about the former owner through the media.”

Epstein was arrested on sex trafficking charges in 2019 — accused of sexually abusing more than 100 girls and young women over decades. Epstein was subsequently found dead in his Manhattan jail cell a month later. His death, which was ruled a suicide by the Manhattan medical examiner, has long been a source of conspiracy theories.

Trump’s use of the plane is likely to add to public scrutiny surrounding his relationship with Epstein, even though no evidence has surfaced that Trump was involved in Epstein’s crimes.

According to flight data, the plane is now owned by an Ontario, California company, Threshold Aviation Group, which offers private charter service. The company’s website indicates its planes are housed in a hangar in Chino, California. The Herald reached out to the company, but did not get a response.

The campaign spokeswoman confirmed that a decal with the words “Trump 2024” was placed on Epstein’s old plane for the trip. Trump’s own private plane, a 757 named “Trump Force One,” was having mechanical difficulties, which led them to land in Billings, about two hours east of Bozeman. After Bozeman, Trump used Epstein’s old plane to travel Saturday to a fundraiser in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and then to Aspen and Denver. “Trump Force One” was then able to pick Trump up in Denver. Epstein’s old plane was only used one day, the spokeswoman said.

The Aspen Daily News reported that Trump arrived in a blue Gulfstream, tail number G-550, touching down at the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport around 4:45 p.m. Saturday. He was to attend a fundraiser hosted by the Trump 47 Committee, which supports Save America and the RNC, the paper reported.

That charter tail number, N550GP, belongs to a plane with the same serial number as Epstein’s former Gulfstream jet. Flight Aware shows the plane had been registered in 2018 to one of Epstein’s companies based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. At that time, its tail number was N212JE. It is not the plane nicknamed the “Lolita Express” which Epstein replaced around 2017. The Lolita plane has since been destroyed.

Trump was in the same social circles as Epstein, and flew on Epstein’s planes six times from 1993 to 1997, records show. But the two had a falling out over a property in Palm Beach that they had a bidding war over in 2004. There are numerous photographs of Trump and Epstein together in the 1990s, long before Epstein was arrested on solicitation charges in Palm Beach.

Although tens of thousands of pages of documents have been unsealed in various Epstein civil cases, none of the documents released to date have credibly implicated Trump in Epstein’s trafficking crimes.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article290986070.html

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ok, can anyone un-Trumpify this in a way that gives some actual context to those of us sane enough to stay off of any of these sites?

Trump made fun of DeSantis for having a notoriously terrible Twitter Space in 2023. It is one of the many things that tanked his campaign.

And Trump did the same fucking thing.

On 8/7/2024 at 12:14 PM, Blackrose321 said:

What do you mean by "no one debates policy, at least not anymore"? Trump has only run in two elections, and at the beginning, before he rose to the top, yes, people did still at least attempt to discuss policy. He has definitely tried his best to dumb politics down to his level but he's hardly been around for decades.

Let's not be so accepting of nonsense just because it worked for a few years. Kamala still has the option to, at least within her own campaign and future handling of Trump, turn that around. The right will predictably ignore it, but the right isn't going to vote left for anything. Remember, these are the same people who fell for anti-vax rhetoric; they are already lost causes. They gladly sacrificed their "loved ones" just to back a snake oil salesman so setting your expectations and behavior based on them is a bad idea.

The fact still remains that Trump wanted Biden in the race, which means he felt he was an even/easy match. Why would he be worried about Kamala?

I think he's worried for the reasons I already provided. If she doesn't rise to his bait and she sticks to her talking points with some snark added in, he'll make himself look stupid. Stupid people will always vote for stupid people but he's a narcissist and he hates being laughed at.

i guess bernie had some decent policy but has shown to be subservient to the party even after they shut him down. biden also talked some policy but most the stuff he talked about turned out to be a lie, or some extremely watered down victories. and now kamala who was hand picked by the party, doesnt even show any policy on her site https://kamalaharris.com/ . we already know her history, and she has shown to be a willing servant of the donors. 

of course trump wanted biden, would have been an easy victory. now he will have to put in the effort and run a smart campaign in order to win. he still has a chance, but can see this going either way. they also have to try and coach kamala to do better after her fiasco in detroit or she can jeopardize her campaign. 

On 8/7/2024 at 4:05 AM, André Toulon said:

I don't think for a second they actually "count" red and blue votes until it's so close that they have to....pretty sure no one even looks at 3rd party votes...

But I can tell you it's not going to be changed in a fight at a ballot box. Historically, only sane people can come to common ground without bloodshed....I'm 100% sure Americans don't qualify.

with how suspect our elections are, i wouldn't doubt the backwardness of our elections. but yeah that's what im trying to get at, the more people can question the legitimacy of the entire thing, the faster we can do away from this. it will be a challenge seeing how they so much time and effort trying to squash any kind of uprising or rebellion.