UnevenEdge

The last One Piece episode on Toonami discussion.

Blatch

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was actually a good episode to end this on.

an episode all about brock not feeling like he belongs on the crew just makes everyone feel super salty in the end cause toonami viewers will never get to see him as a real part of the crew

so while it's better than what we could have ended on...it's still a big fucking cock tease of a cliffhanger

I have hope for that. However, it could be more years of my life waiting.

if toonami is around years later...i can't really think of any other notable long runner that could go side by side with DBZ and already has such love from the toonami crew(so it's return wouldn't be so farfetched)

Jojo is taking a break for sure and naruto's probably dead later this year...from being in One Piece's Crap Time Slot

Hunter X Hunter is safe but since it'll end in a couple years...things could change

DBZ Kai FC will need a replacement when it ends and i think they need a good one two shonen punch

I'd be damned if i let this be the last i see of one piece....

Same here.  This isn't like the old days when a show ended on TV and that was it for us.  Now we know we have options. 

What happened with me is I had no idea about watching One Piece online, much less an interest in watching subs.  Years later I found out One Piece was still going but it was so far along it didn't look like there was a way for me to get back into it.  And again, predominantly subs.  I never thought One Piece would be back on TV, much less that I'd get back into it.  Got blind-sided by its return because I wasn't following the Toonami folder at the time.  Left there because there was a bunch of negativity when Toonami first came back.  Didn't make the mistake of getting caught out of the loop like that after that. 

Anyway I had to marathon to catch up on short notice.  Got to see the original episodes with a good dub for the first time and see Little Garden and Skypiea for the first time.  Then I got to continue the journey with everyone else on Toonami.  It was good times.  And now it's over.  But I'm not going to let myself fall out of keeping up with One Piece again.

yeah i agree....and she's pretty salty about this to the point where the ratings fiasco has her making claims that "The Midnight Crew is so damn small that to chop anything down due to ratings is laughable"

I'm curious what actually finally made them suddenly do it. It seems like pretty short notice and it didn't feel like the ratings were changing all that much even if they weren't really growing, then again I don't follow that thread that closely.

I'm curious what actually finally made them suddenly do it. It seems like pretty short notice and it didn't feel like the ratings were changing all that much even if they weren't really growing, then again I don't follow that thread that closely.

when i told her the reason she just kept looking for other things like licensing because in her mind  ratings wouldn't do this when toonami's an insomniac block

her feeling is that when your shows start this late  rating's shouldn't be a factor since people have a hard enough time staying up to watch the entire block so why cut one piece and act like people just weren't interested in it when the case is they just wanted to get to sleep already

not everyone can just stay up that late and having any expectations for ratings at all on such a late time is just stupid

so she really feels like it's a case of licensing issues and them not paying to renew it rather than this false guise of ratings being too low

if toonami is around years later...i can't really think of any other notable long runner that could go side by side with DBZ and already has such love from the toonami crew(so it's return wouldn't be so farfetched)

Jojo is taking a break for sure and naruto's probably dead later this year...from being in One Piece's Crap Time Slot

Hunter X Hunter is safe but since it'll end in a couple years...things could change

DBZ Kai FC will need a replacement when it ends and i think they need a good one two shonen punch

I'd say One Piece's next best chance is when DBZ Kai's ending.  It's uncertain if JoJo is taking a break, but recent signs seem to point to "no!"

I didn't have much interest in One Piece originally. I had seen some of the heavily edited 4 Kids version on TV before, so that was my only experience with it until more recently. I knew it was hacked, but I didn't think it could make that much of a difference honestly in whether or not I would enjoy it. Usually I just know from even seeing a little bit of a show whether or not it's going to interest me. When I heard Toonami was picking up the uncut version, but doing so a few hundred episodes in, I remembered seeing that my library had the FUNimation DVDs for all of those early episodes and decided to give it another shot. So I started watching it from the beginning to catch up with the Toonami broadcast. It took me a while, but I did it, and just couldn't believe how much I came to love the show along the way. Skypiea was my favorite arc, and when I got through with that, I was hopelessly hooked. Now to think, I went through all of that to catch up with the Toonami broadcast and they're dropping it. I can't believe it.

I don't typically stay up through the night to watch it since it's on so late-- instead I just watch it On Demand usually the next day. But I did last night. I had to. So sad to see it go, but I'll continue following the DVD releases from now on. Glad they ended its run where they did anyway. I love Brook. O0 It's nice to see him become a full fledged member of the crew finally. I know he'll make it back to Laboon someday. :'( Bon voyage straw hats. Hopefully, you'll all return to the Toonami block someday, too.

I'd say One Piece's next best chance is when DBZ Kai's ending.  It's uncertain if JoJo is taking a break, but recent signs seem to point to "no!"

some thought Jojo would take a break because it would allow toonami to air something else and freshen up the block for a bit

yeah i agree best chance is when DBZ Kai Wraps up....because as i said there's nothing and nothing else that could probably work in that slot as good as one piece

We would then DB Super And One Piece....pretty good combo

some thought Jojo would take a break because it would allow toonami to air something else and freshen up the block for a bit

yeah i agree best chance is when DBZ Kai Wraps up....because as i said there's nothing and nothing else that could probably work in that slot as good as one piece

If they run out of Kai episodes, they'll just use Super as their new flagship show.  ... I suppose they'll have room for One Piece as a second-tier heavy-hitter at the beginning of the blcok ,but they'd need to convince Turner that One Piece being brought back A THIRD time would get better ratings at an earlier timeslot, which could prove tricky.

If they brought One Piece back I highly doubt it would get that kind of billing.  It would probably be nice and a good idea to not re-debut it at the end of the block, but I don't see it getting a slot that good.  Of course this is all a pipe dream anyway.

If they brought One Piece back I highly doubt it would get that kind of billing.  It would probably be nice and a good idea to not re-debut it at the end of the block, but I don't see it getting a slot that good.  Of course this is all a pipe dream anyway.

if they put it near the end of the block then the same thing would happen....learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them

if they pick the show up again  don't put it in a crappy time slot and don't put encores on right as filler's about to start

if they put it near the end of the block then the same thing would happen....learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them

if they pick the show up again  don't put it in a crappy time slot and don't put encores on right as filler's about to start

Well it started out as the third show on the block and kept moving back due to lagging ratings.  I doubt it will get another chance.

Yeah that was pretty stupid.

...they aren't?  It's like $20 for the 26-episode collection sets when a RightStuf sale hits.

Cheap if you've got the disposable income, and somewhere to put it.  I've got to be more selective about my purchases these days.  I wouldn't mind collecting the series if I was able, though.  For now, Funimation's lifeline will have to suffice.