UnevenEdge

Arby's Wagyu Burger is shit

GuyBeardmane

Meh I've never been sold on wagyu at all. American wagyu is quite literally an oxymoron, Angus and 1 of 4 japanese cow breeds..take your pick. All I know is I've never shelled out for wagyu after watching an industry vid saying you're suppossed to be able to see the paper trail, and certificates at a restuarant/now fast food joint I guess...Or it's probably not even wagyu just overpriced prime cuts if even.. 

Just now, PhilosipherStoned said:

Meh I've never been sold on wagyu at all. American wagyu is quite literally an oxymoron, Angus and 1 of 4 japanese cow breeds..take your pick. All I know is I've never shelled out for wagyu after watching an industry vid saying you're suppossed to be able to see the paper trail, and certificates at a restuarant/now fast food joint I guess...Or it's probably not even wagyu just overpriced prime cuts if even.. 

I doubt Arby's roast beef is even legit roast beef....during the whole "beef shortage" thing a while back, they were doing their 5 for $10 classic roast beef promotion.....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Seight said:

To be fair, the whole "It's Wagyu beef and yet somehow also $6-7" implies that.

Honestly I do want to get into some Wagyu. I've found a lot of people toting SRF or Snake River Farms when it comes to "American Wagyu" I said it's an oxymoron because that's kind of like saying American Japanese Cow since Wagyu just means Japanese cow..., American Wagyu is made from Japanese cattle bred with primarily angus..I still think the whole wagyu thing where they make it out like the cow has a red carpet furled out while it walks and farts rainbows from it's premuim diet is a bit intense.

The Japanese black is like the prototype wagyu cow I think right?... Just seems so pretentious to me either way at the end of the day paying out the ass for "wagyu". Or Japanese cow. Especially if you're just gonna order it from places that can serve you anything.. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
Also supposedly that Arbys burger is american wagyu. That's their gimmick anyway so it led me to this tangent.