UnevenEdge

So I got kicked out of student housing in berkeley

jackiemarie90

5 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I'm really depressed and wanna kill myself

I feel you, I'm sorry, and don't do it. 

If you guys were to run away anywhere in the world to start a new life, where would you go?

In the world, hard to say. In the US...also hard to say, but I'd probably go with a medium sized college city somewhere near where I am now in east TN, or the general NC/VA regional area. Warm and comfortable with plenty of nature. Also a couple years of college is free here too so you can always tell yourself you'll go back eventually and one day maybe even believe it.

2 minutes ago, Nabreezy said:

I feel you, I'm sorry, and don't do it. 

In the world, hard to say. In the US...also hard to say, but I'd probably go with a medium sized college city somewhere near where I am now in east TN, or the general NC/VA regional area. Warm and comfortable with plenty of nature. Also a couple years of college is free here too so you can always tell yourself you'll go back eventually and one day maybe even believe it.

Ok, I won't.

I do want to come back, but honestly, really questioning if it should be in the fall. I want it to be longer. People here are selfish on another level. But in San Jose, it was the same. The only difference this time, was that I looked tough to my bullies. I didn't cry like a little bitch. But now I'm deemed to dangerous. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

well, is weather a factor?

alaska would be a cool place to run to, at least for spring/summer. 

then maybe head to the east coast for winter, it's a different kind of vibe (i'd recommend NE coast)

i'm sorry this happened. 

I had been considering the east coast for awhile now. Maybe DC/Virginia area. But I do not where to move and get a job and start a new life. I don't know if I want to be student for awhile. I feel too traumatized to go back to school. 

I had been considering the east coast for awhile now. Maybe DC/Virginia area. But I do not where to move and get a job and start a new life. I don't know if I want to be student for awhile. I feel too traumatized to go back to school. 

virginia beach is a lot of fun. lived there for about 2 years ago. a very long time ago.

when the tourists are gone, it's pretty chill. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

virginia beach is a lot of fun. lived there for about 2 years ago. a very long time ago.

when the tourists are gone, it's pretty chill. 

I wonder if they have shared housing like here. I'm slowly realizing like half the housing here is like 8 bedroom houses where everyone pitches in because the rent is so god dam expensive.

I doubt it's possible to run from what you're encountering, as you'll probably run into the same or worse anywhere you go.  If you truly think going elsewhere is what is best for you, take political leanings into consideration (along with weather, etc.).  Alaska was suggested, but is also a Red state.  Madison, WI is supposed to be an easy-going college town (I've got left-leaning cousins that live outside the city proper).  

You might look through local newspapers online for the places you consider, just to see what is going down currently.  I'm pretty sure no particular place is going to be idyllic.

Wow. The 'I wanna kill myself' thing.... I've been through a lot of shit lady. Not sure how my reputation even stands here sometimes since I'm definitely guilty of using this place as an outlet for simular reasons...Jackie You've been here for so long, and your one of the only users outside poe territory that actually seem real and relatable when you post about your goals, struggles etc.  I've lost a damn good friend to suicide already. 

I don't think feelings like those that lead you in the direction of purposeful death can be ran from honestly. I have them myself, but I also have a lot of other shit that's hard to explain in a message board post... All I can say is pm me if you want to talk about shit or yadayada. Moving...Especially to new and drastically different areas is not the answer in my experience. Maybe it's yours, and it can work. Only you can  make that shit work though honestly. I felt the same way being active duty.. Hmm This place I have to go to next sounds nice...Hawaii is on the table. :| A change of scenery can only do so much is all I'm saying. 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, jackiemarie90 said:

I wasn't a student over a year cause: depression in a global pandemic. Anyways, I'm really depressed and wanna kill myself. If you guys were to run away anywhere in the world to start a new life, where would you go? Seems like a good idea.

You are going to have to admit you need mental health counseling..  you have to be a serious participant in a recovery and medical program..  you're going to have to explain you are homeless and have no money..  you will need as much proof of your current situation and living conditions and mental health status as you can provide,, this is why i suggest asking for a recommendation to be linked to a mental health social worker.  Go to mental health and ask them, over a considerable amount of time to hook you up with a social worker that can tell you how to obtain welfare and counseling, somewhere else.  Hopefully in a slow moving suburban area with really good medicaid so you can get treatment and transportation,  hook up with some psychologists, poke around to find a safe place and take a lot, I mean years, of time to distance yourself from everyone except those you love and support you... distance yourself from your immediate situation and problems and the concerns that boggle you most. .  Create yourself a safety net of mental health and crisis management, you may even want to consider a short hospital stay if they can really dive into what your asking, so while you adjust to the move you are in secure facility to gain some courage and scour papers and ads and learn the area..  they might be alike to advise most of this, and align a living arrangement... so you'll need to learn the area first, groceries, pharmacies, facilities, hospitals, counseling, transportation, crisis phone numbers, social services, taxis, businesses, post offices, police stations, public services,  food banks, homeless shelters, and so on... the more you know the better and ask... (if you take my advice,) the psychologists you choose to help you apply for social security disability or supplemental security income,... then after you create a safety net and participate in counseling, ask them to assess your readiness to work....  are you addicted?

Edited by mumbo

You would rather go straight to mental health and skip the relocation advise, because it might be outside your medicaid workers reach to tap into outside sources.  Really what you would be asking is to be linked with mental health in the state you select, but I don't think you really have your story concise enough to jump right into the relocation idea directly with welfare... a mental health social worker is a better place to start in your life I think.  They will know how to create your support system locally, but on those terms, you would need to prove some stability.  They will help you anyway they can but might not see things the same way as you, and help you through some of the immediate problems first

Edited by mumbo

Hey I guess I'm supposed be helping so, isn't a suicude threat an @Raptorpat situation.  This sucks that I'm online for like two days and making reports already.  Blows.  Jackie, if I didn't know you are ok I would have said something sooner, but you used have your shit together and I wasn't worried.   Well it's out of my hands good luck, jackie

1 hour ago, mumbo said:

I don't think you really have your story concise enough 

Her story isn't concise enough, but your advice is? 

Your crisis intervention mumblings are too much. 

If you feel suicidal or are having suicidal thoughts  ... go to the nearest ER, call 911 or call the suicide hotline for mobile crisis 1- 800-273-8255

Somebody in crisis is not going to sit here trying to figure out what the fuck you're talking about and then go through the effort of trying to follow all of your steps if they figure it out. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vamped said:

If you feel suicidal or are having suicidal thoughts  ... go to the nearest ER, call 911 or call the suicide hotline for mobile crisis 1- 800-273-8255

Somebody in crisis is not going to sit here trying to figure out what the fuck you're talking about and then go through the effort of trying to follow all of your steps if they figure it out. 

Yes to have a plan to move I couldn't say what the best first step would be.  But I reevaluated and no one is going to want her to catch a bus and get hospitalized somewhere else as a plan, so I had to ditch that idea and start from scratch

6 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Well she has been here for years and based on the pattern I think differently... I actually believe I can give her some hope.  And you don't have to be mean.  Last time we had a civil conversation was years ago vamped.  You jumped train.

1 hour ago, mumbo said:

Hey I guess I'm supposed be helping so, isn't a suicude threat an @Raptorpat situation.  This sucks that I'm online for like two days and making reports already.  Blows.  Jackie, if I didn't know you are ok I would have said something sooner, but you used have your shit together and I wasn't worried.   Well it's out of my hands good luck, jackie

Don't ever do anything ever again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mumbo said:

Hey I guess I'm supposed be helping so, isn't a suicude threat an @Raptorpat situation. 

33 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Suicide ideation is not suicidal intent.

Thank you Vamped. 

1 hour ago, mumbo said:

This sucks that I'm online for like two days and making reports already. 

If you are going to report something, especially if it's something as serious as suicide, SEND AN ACTUAL REPORT AND DONT JUST TAG ME.

• Thanks 1

Heaven forbid ya know, but hopefully Jackie actually has someone here she can trust to just kind of level with in DM's they would Ideally be female given the nature of a lot of her posts speaking about relationships probably in said school.. Because at least two of us have said DM's are open, but both of us are dudes and admittedly (I can only speak for myself I guess) though I'm game and have been there for ya know plutonic friends and tried to provide a shoulder ya know... 'girl talk' I think (if I put the term in the right way) does go a lot further in situations like this...

As for the thread topic since a lot of users did the opposite of me, where would I go if I could? Some of the forests of Japan sound awesome idk..Even the infamous one...Alternatively I watched a conservation channel I follow go into hostile African terrirtory to join with local rangers in protecting a gorilla troop. Shit seems carthartic looking at the view, but you definitely don't escape political bullshit even in remote, and wild areas like that so.. 

Idk I'm a realist. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Personally, I don't like the idea of running away to start anew. A change of scenery doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes, all it does is create even more stress. Ultimately, you only know what's best for you. Maybe start by taking a temporary retreat somewhere.

Hang in there, regardless.

• Thanks 1

whoa I want to apologized to anyone I scared. I feel like I want to kill myself, but currently do not have any plans. I am experiencing some major depressive symptoms from disorder, but it's mostly things like not communicating with my friends, and not getting out of bed. I barely made it to work like 25 minutes late today, this shit is affecting me, but there is something I haven't mentioned, and that's I was also kicked out by 3 to 4 people who I lived with. And the thought of pissing them off more keeps me going for a bit more. I'm actually still causing a ruckus at that house, but that's one when they try to block me further. I do want to say the whole story. But just kind of mentally laying low for now

• Like 3
  • Sad 2