UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss, Episode 1

Blatch

8 hours ago, Blatch said:

From the looks of it, even the content ratings will be overshot.

Turner S&P sure loves looking way too far ahead.

Spoiler

For comparison, here are the ratings I gave episode 1's sub back in 2017.

1383400331_MIA01Act1.thumb.PNG.fae53ce0d0b138227739d95e01d6d69f.PNG

1799867347_MIA01Act2.thumb.PNG.dfe32db506c0793f60dc7f853bbae3f3.PNG

A TV-MA plain/straight/no subratings/descriptors seems like reasonable overkill.

7 hours ago, Daos said:

God damn that's a terrible promo that tells you nothing about the show.

Like I said in the other thread, I think that's by design.  They want to intrigue you with something new and mysterious, and if you want to watch it, ONLY Toonami (Or HiDive, but who's counting?)  They can't afford a big ad blitz, so they'll go the mystery route.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Turner S&P sure loves looking way too far ahead.

Reveal hidden contents

For comparison, here are the ratings I gave episode 1's sub back in 2017.

1383400331_MIA01Act1.thumb.PNG.fae53ce0d0b138227739d95e01d6d69f.PNG

1799867347_MIA01Act2.thumb.PNG.dfe32db506c0793f60dc7f853bbae3f3.PNG

A TV-MA plain/straight/no subratings/descriptors seems like reasonable overkill.

Spoiler

The only way I can rationalize the rating is that maybe S&P thought the students talking about Reg's dick was too much? Regardless of how vague it is, this is a robot child they're talking about. Either that, or maybe they're doing something similar to Akame ga Kill!, where they just give each episode a plain MA on sight. If that's the case, then we better be getting another, properly-rated Sentai show soon.

Also, I've noticed that most of the ratings albums on your Imgur are no longer showing. You think you can make them public again? I know you're concentrating on posting clips to Twitter right now, but there's a lot of good stuff over there. FWIW, I can still access some of the albums with links I have bookmarked.

Edited by Blatch
Forgot to black the text.

11 minutes ago, Blatch said:
  Hide contents

Also, I've noticed that most of the ratings albums on your Imgur are no longer showing. You think you can make them public again? I know you're concentrating on posting clips to Twitter right now, but there's a lot of good stuff over there. FWIW, I can still access some of the albums with links I have bookmarked.

Spoiler

I hardly ever use Imgur anymore, ever since they fucked up how they do albums, but if I ever get the motivation, I can try digging back into them and setting them on public.

So yeah I was thinking when I saw the art style... ehhhh...

But like I said in the announcement thread, you can't just go off of that it seems haha.

That promo was fine but vague.  I wouldn't want to know too much anyway.  I'm trying to remember if the Promised Neverland promo was this vague.

Didn't know they got this till I checked the cable guide to see what the lineup was gonna be tonight, and wow was I surprised. Awesome pickup. Before I decided to check it out, I didn't think it was a show I'd like much because of how young the characters were, but I'd heard quite a bit of hype about it and gave it chance, and I was pretty much immediately won over. Animation for it is fantastic, especially the background art, which is no surprise I guess given the art director for it used to work at Studio Ghibli.

Anyone know if they got the movie? I haven't seen that yet, so I'm hoping they'll show it after they finish showing the first season.

• Like 2