UnevenEdge

1/8 schedule revealed

Finally! I hope they never beat this record of barely two days before broadcast.

It’s a nice start with tremendous room for growth. And they’ll be filling out this schedule one new show at a time every week for a month or so. That’s very exciting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

Finally! I hope they never beat this record of barely two days before broadcast.

It’s a nice start with tremendous room for growth. And they’ll be filling out this schedule one new show at a time every week for a month or so. That’s very exciting!

I've heard some speculate that because AC S2 is the second show on the lineup  that it means the additional shows coming in will be more obscure if AC is seen as big enough to start after the lead show

do you agree or disagree?

8 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I've heard some speculate that because AC S2 is the second show on the lineup  that it means the additional shows coming in will be more obscure if AC is seen as big enough to start after the lead show

do you agree or disagree?

AC might end up settling into the 1am slot when it’s all said and done. Or maybe even 1:30 or 2am. It’s at 12:30 and 1am now because it sort of has to be.

• Thanks 1

Finally. My faith in this block has been restored. 😊

The January 8 schedule is LOL, but what are you gonna do? At least Naruto, which has been neglected and shunted to the back for far too long, finally gets to air multiple premieres. They should've been doing this earlier. Either way, really looking forward to this rapid influx of premieres.

8 hours ago, korosu said:

Can't fault them for that either given when the mini-marathon aired.  

It also allows for week-by-week watch alongs to point out just how horrid the Netflix series is (I say as I look on at my Blu-Ray of the series).  

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 6:37 PM, Sketch said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

44 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Same. I watched all six episodes I planned on recording this morning in the hopes that one would show up somewhere.

This is what DeMarco wanted to do when the block started.  He said he wanted people to go in blind and tune in out of sheer curiosity, and to avoid folks going to streamers to watch the shows instead.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

And trying that got us an executive-mandated early announcement for Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins the Tuesday before Toonami's return. And with the lack of news now, after a whole evening's worth of block, the January 15th premiere may just wind up beating their record.

It’s totally understandable if they could not do the promo in time to air it yesterday but I really hope they don’t make us wait till Thursday night to confirm the next schedule. I don’t want to have to keep recording a 4.5 hour of American Dad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

And trying that got us an executive-mandated early announcement for Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins the Tuesday before Toonami's return. And with the lack of news now, after a whole evening's worth of block, the January 15th premiere may just wind up beating their record.

It was actually the week before the week Toonami debuted, the 16th IIRC.

Just throwing up an announcement for a new Toonami show is almost unprecedented. I was hoping for another one of those while watching Black Lotus yesterday, but I'm not bad it didn't happen, and I maybe don't blame the crew for not wanting to do it back-to-back weeks.

12 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Just throwing up an announcement for a new Toonami show is almost unprecedented. I was hoping for another one of those while watching Black Lotus yesterday, but I'm not bad it didn't happen, and I maybe don't blame the crew for not wanting to do it back-to-back weeks.

at the same time though....there's very little time to promote these new shows unless they are announced monday or tuesday....any longer than that would be cutting it close to a last minute schedule change again

Edited by CountFrylock