UnevenEdge

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is so good

That_One_Guy

12 hours ago, Top Gun said:

i genuinely do not get the absurd hype over these basic-ass chicken sandwiches. Like, a nice grilled chicken club with cheese and BLT? Sure, that's doing something. But just slapping the chicken between two slices of bread with some token pickles? That's just lame. 

Marketing is very clever these days. They understand us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Well.... despite my better judgement....I got this. Never had chicken and waffles before and I didn't feel like a loser like I image people do when they go in a place specifically for it

IMG_20211223_112706764.jpg

I don’t know why. Never been tempted to try chicken and waffles. Conceptually it doesn’t sound good in my mind or mouth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Well.... despite my better judgement....I got this. Never had chicken and waffles before and I didn't feel like a loser like I image people do when they go in a place specifically for it

When I worked at Burger King years back, I came up with the idea of eating chicken strips with the French toast sticks and syrup. My black coworker called me the n-word with a strong R.

Anyway, love chicken and waffles.

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

1 hour ago, BooThickemz said:

I don’t know why. Never been tempted to try chicken and waffles. Conceptually it doesn’t sound good in my mind or mouth

I don't think I've ever seen a waffle sandwich before, but like Tempty said it makes no sense.  Still, after going to Roscoe's in the LBC, I can safely say it works when done correctly.  I wouldn't try it anywhere besides a Roscoe's though.

2 hours ago, BooThickemz said:

That was pretty much my thing too...it just isn't a combo that scream to me delicious. 

This in particular tasted like a chicken MC griddle...which isn't that good.....I'm not hungry tho

• Like 1

Can't eat KFC (onion & garlic powders & MSG), and chicken & waffles sounds meh.  When I was little, there was Brown's Chicken (the same company as "Brown's Chicken Massacre").  You could get any meal with a roll, butter and honey.  The rolls were average, but pouring the honey over the chicken was really good.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Can't eat KFC (onion & garlic powders & MSG), and chicken & waffles sounds meh.  When I was little, there was Brown's Chicken (the same company as "Brown's Chicken Massacre").  You could get any meal with a roll, butter and honey.  The rolls were average, but pouring the honey over the chicken was really good.

People still buy into the myth of MSG?

40 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

People still buy into the myth of MSG?

No myth, but I'm starting to think it was because of my troubles with fructans/fructose and MSG somehow enhancing the effects.

Foods with MSG (no onion or garlic powders) seem not to bother me.

KFC - migraine, intestinal cramps & nausea.

Foods with onion and/or garlic powders - nausea.

Oddly, I've found I can eat onion rings with no issues.

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

No myth, but I'm starting to think it was because of my troubles with fructans/fructose and MSG somehow enhancing the effects.

Foods with MSG (no onion or garlic powders) seem not to bother me.

KFC - migraine, intestinal cramps & nausea.

Foods with onion and/or garlic powders - nausea.

Oddly, I've found I can eat onion rings with no issues.

None of that seems to indicate an allergy, but it may indicate issues with eating foods high in fats or oils.

6 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I don't have a problem with Popeye's chicken.  And mentioning all the other gut-wrenching things, like apples, watermelon, beets, etc. didn't fit the thread.

What ingredient in kfc could be the fructans?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Poof said:

What ingredient in kfc could be the fructans?

Onion & Garlic powder.  They dehydrate the onion & garlic, which concentrates the fructans, before they turn it to powder.

BTW - the effects of fructose/fructans are cumulative.  You might be able to tolerate 1/8 tsp of one, but add the other or any other fructose/fructan containing item and prepare to be ill.

Edited by tsar4