UnevenEdge

First look at the He-Man anime, with 100% more A-list voice talent than other anime

Jman

8 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

I've never given half a shit about He-Man but

Damn if that doesn't hit me right in the childhood nostalgia feels.

It is a damn good cast list they got.  Given Smith credit, he has pull.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I was going to ignore this until I saw that this was Kevin Smith’s idea, and now I’m looking forward to if there’s an in-depth conversation about whether Skeletor has a normal cock, no cock at all, or a bone for a cock. 

The acid was just thrown in his face. NORMAL COCK ALL THE WAY BRO. NICE SKELECOCK BRO.

Edited by Daos

The art looks amazing. Looks like they borrowed from the second He-Man cartoon and improved on it.

Teela is givin me some lesbian vibes.

Orco doesn't look like a complete buffoon? 

Kinda feel like Conroy is wasted as Mossman. The guy is one of the greatest VA's of all time. I bet it's just a quickie appearance.

58 minutes ago, Daos said:

The acid was just thrown in his face. NORMAL COCK ALL THE WAY BRO. NICE SKELECOCK BRO.

But if acid hit his head, his body isn’t alive anymore. Who’s to say his dick hasn’t fallen off yet? Or that a little acid didn’t splash on his pocket rocket?

And if he did have a cock, would it still be purple or is it a white or black dick we’re working with?

I bet He-Man’s got the answers.

1 hour ago, Chapinator_X said:

But if acid hit his head, his body isn’t alive anymore. Who’s to say his dick hasn’t fallen off yet? Or that a little acid didn’t splash on his pocket rocket?

And if he did have a cock, would it still be purple or is it a white or black dick we’re working with?

I bet He-Man’s got the answers.

Nope just the face. 

• Haha 1

I have seen some people really complaining about this, and ripping on Kevin Smith.  I will say I do not like how Teela looks like Rhea Ripley now.  But, I am not super invested as my mom never let me have the toys as a kid, so if it turns out terrible I won't be too upset.  Although I did enjoy the reboot from the early 2000s. 

Masters-of-the-Universe_Revelation_3-200

wwe-nxt-rhea-ripley.jpg?w=1600&h=1600&l=

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, elfie said:

I do not like how it appears Netflix is changing the definition of anime from Japanese animation to any adult animation that is not a sitcom.

Well adults dont watch cartoons so ... slap anime on it and its cool. 

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

Well adults dont watch cartoons so ... slap anime on it and its cool. 

Considering Netflix keeps reporting their anime viewership is going up, it makes sense to use that branding.

On the other hand, Mark Hamill as Skeletor.  I can’t exactly stay mad at this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

So it's actually really good but people have fucking horrible taste?

People feel baited apparently (this according to the reaction from Heman.org, a big He-Man fansite), not helped by rumors that have dogged the production from Day 1 that said this thing was going to be as woke as possible, ending with He-Man being dismissed as a loser and the main female Teela and her girlfriend being the new main heroes.  Couple that with Teela's Rhea Ripley hair, and everyone assumed the rumors were true and Kevin Smith was full of shit (since he has repeatedly said the rumors were not true).

Edited by Jman

1 hour ago, Jman said:

People feel baited apparently (this according to the reaction from Heman.org, a big He-Man fansite), not helped by rumors that have dogged the production from Day 1 that said this thing was going to be as woke as possible, ending with He-Man being dismissed as a loser and the main female Teela and her girlfriend being the new main heroes.  Couple that with Teela's Rhea Ripley hair, and everyone assumed the rumors were true and Kevin Smith was full of shit (since he has repeatedly said the rumors were not true).

Dude, can you just shut the fuck up about the woke shit? Crapping on a show is totally cool, but you don't have to sound like a whiny incel about it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

Dude, can you just shut the fuck up about the woke shit? Crapping on a show is totally cool, but you don't have to sound like a whiny incel about it.

I’m not the one saying this.  Hell, I avoided even talking about the rumors until they became the only thing people are discussing with this show.

I haven’t seen something this heavily targeted by right wing Youtube channels since Captain Marvel.

Edited by Jman

27 minutes ago, Jman said:

I’m not the one saying this.  Hell, I avoided even talking about the rumors until they became the only thing people are discussing with this show.

I haven’t seen something this heavily targeted by right wing Youtube channels since Captain Marvel.

You’re saying it in a way that sounds like you agree with it, and you’ve said some other weird stuff concerning female characters or shows with female characters that didn’t sound any different. You don’t have to repeat what ring wing assholes say. Nothing new leaves their lips. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

That's nothing new, Jman's been doing that for years now, even with shows hated by parties besides those who hate "woke" media for the pure spite of it.

It's just super annoying to me how stupid shit phrases like 'Rhea Ripley hair' gets posted in these conversations because only fucking weirdos dwell on that shit. How about the writing, the character development, or anything else that is actually relevant to the quality of a show? No, I gotta see, "IT'S WOKE, OH MY GOD! ALL THE WOKE! WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at the point where I just want to bitchslap a person when they say that word.

• Thanks 3

Alright, let’s be serious.

Kevin Smith pushed back heavily on the “He-Man is sidelined” rumors, but the first part of the series is Teela’s story, and He-Man is more or less a background figure because of what happened in the first episode.  Granted, there’s a second half of the series left, but everyone’s made up their minds already that Smith was lying.

And Ben made the hair crack.

Edited by Jman

12 minutes ago, Jman said:

Alright, let’s be serious.

Kevin Smith pushed back heavily on the “He-Man is sidelined” rumors, but the first part of the series is Teela’s story, and He-Man is more or less a background figure because of what happened in the first episode.  Granted, there’s a second half of the series left, but everyone’s made up their minds already that Smith was lying.

And Ben made the hair crack.

You coming here to share the thoughts of those idjits and repeat the stupid shit that Ben said was still a personal choice.

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

So it's actually really good but people have fucking horrible taste?

You still want to hang your hat on a movie that was so bad it divided the fanbase and destroyed the profitability of the franchise? 

"Rumors from inside the studio tell that Disney is considering removing the last three Star Wars movies from the official saga. While they wouldn't be entire scrapped from the history, they would create an alternative timeline and thus keep open possibilities for other products of the franchise."

"Is Disney "resetting" Star Wars?

• Disney Resetting Star Wars. Following the poor performance and reception of Star Wars: The Last Jedi as well as Han Solo, Disney has placed the movie franchise on hold, and now it is said they are resetting Star Wars and giving fans time to heal."
Gotta admire you for sticking to your guns though, guess that's why you're called Top Gun!

Haven't seen the new He-Man yet, but people are up in arms about it. In general it's usually a dumb idea to try to relaunch a franchise and then sideline the main character in the first episode. Plus, Teela was never really that popular. It would be like having Goku die and making the show about Chi Chi.

Apparently some website caught wind of the He-Man "sidelined" thing and spilled the beans way before the show aired. Kevin Smith denied all of it and even attacked the site as spreading false rumors. He's currently getting the level of hate previously reserved for Rian Johnson.
  • D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, Daos said:

You still want to hang your hat on a movie that was so bad it divided the fanbase and destroyed the profitability of the franchise? 

"Rumors from inside the studio tell that Disney is considering removing the last three Star Wars movies from the official saga. While they wouldn't be entire scrapped from the history, they would create an alternative timeline and thus keep open possibilities for other products of the franchise."

"Is Disney "resetting" Star Wars?

• Disney Resetting Star Wars. Following the poor performance and reception of Star Wars: The Last Jedi as well as Han Solo, Disney has placed the movie franchise on hold, and now it is said they are resetting Star Wars and giving fans time to heal."
Gotta admire you for sticking to your guns though, guess that's why you're called Top Gun!

Those "rumors" have been bandied about by foaming-at-the-mouth incels for a few years, and they have as little actual weight to them as they did then. The Last Jedi was still a very profitable movie that won a ton of critical acclaim, and it pissed people off because it did something fresh and different with the franchise (and because most people have no goddamn ability to recognize how a character can change over decades). The only real crime of the sequel trilogy is that JJ Abrams can't plan shit to save his life so he inserted a bunch of shiny mystery boxes like he always does that were never going to plan out. Rian Johnson choosing to blissfully ignore most of them was the best choice he could have made at the time. I will always hold that it was one of the best things to happen to the franchise as a whole since Empire, and I'm still pissed that Abrams gave into the alt-right bullshit and walked back a lot of what Johnson did.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Those "rumors" have been bandied about by foaming-at-the-mouth incels for a few years, and they have as little actual weight to them as they did then. The Last Jedi was still a very profitable movie that won a ton of critical acclaim, and it pissed people off because it did something fresh and different with the franchise (and because most people have no goddamn ability to recognize how a character can change over decades). The only real crime of the sequel trilogy is that JJ Abrams can't plan shit to save his life so he inserted a bunch of shiny mystery boxes like he always does that were never going to plan out. Rian Johnson choosing to blissfully ignore most of them was the best choice he could have made at the time. I will always hold that it was one of the best things to happen to the franchise as a whole since Empire, and I'm still pissed that Abrams gave into the alt-right bullshit and walked back a lot of what Johnson did.

With the success of The Mandalorian the rumors are actually believable now. Disney has basically admitted the sequel trilogy was a gigantic fuckup. I think they'll just never ever mention it again without ever coming out and saying it's not canon.

All the new rumors.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/20/rumors-swirl-will-disney-scrap-the-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-n1463355

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Daos said:

With the success of The Mandalorian the rumors are actually believable now. Disney has basically admitted the sequel trilogy was a gigantic fuckup. I think they'll just never ever mention it again without ever coming out and saying it's not canon.

All the new rumors.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/20/rumors-swirl-will-disney-scrap-the-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-n1463355

Motherfucking PJ Media quoting some YouTube douchebag. That's the best you can give me.

Lol.

• Like 1

Oh, so the crusty dudes in their late 30s/early 40s are upset because their favorite piece of 80s pop culture media came back but isn't focused entirely on the white dude? You're right, it is just like Star Wars!

Last Jedi was fine. The Finn and Rose's Bizarre Adventure subplot could have been better, but all in all it was a pretty good movie. The real problems happened when JJ came back to do Rise of Skywalker and basically decided to throw out damn near everything that mattered from TLJ. Rey's just a regular person, her parents were drunk nobodies and her power has nothing to do with her blood? Just kidding, she's really Palpy's grandkid and her parents really did love her and just chose to sell her to a junk trader on a shithole planet to protect her! Rose is a talented mechanic with a drive to save the people she cares about and will take any risk to do it? That's cute, but now she's just gonna stand here in the background on the hideout planet while her friends go on adventures and Finn gets a new love interest because she didn't do a good enough job convincing the audience he's not gay for Poe. Leia survived what should have been an instant death and recovered because she's a tough old lady with a ton of Force potential? Well, she's just gonna quietly die halfway through the movie anyways because we ran out of archive footage of Carrie Fisher and god forbid we just say she's alive offscreen or have her stand-in die in a cool fight showing off some fun powers. Hell, I'm actually kind of surprised he didn't just say Luke faked his death and has really just been living in a shack in Tatooine this entire time.

Also, real curious how anyone expects them to retcon the sequel trilogy out of existence and start over when Carrie Fisher is still fucking dead. Good luck trying to recast Princess Leia with someone who won't piss off the unpleasable fanbase, Disney!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 1:20 AM, Daos said:

All the new rumors.

You know this line of Disney+ shows are just gonna end with Ahsoka going to Luke being like "The Jedi failed your father" and taking Grogu back, perfectly fortifying Luke's disillusionment in TLJ.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'm late on this, but I thought the show was pretty decent. 

Spoiler

People said Randor and Teela acted out of character when He-man died.  But people forget that people don't always act in their best frame of mind when someone dies.

The thing I said about Teela's hair was a just a joke, I wasn't agreeing with right wing YouTube assholes.  Who cares what they think anyway?  They don't actually care about these properties, they just use them to latch onto to spread their garbage opinions and get views to make money.  You saw as soon as Vic got milked dry they moved to stanning for Gina Carano. 

Scareglow was awesome.  Orko was actually awesome. 

Spoiler

The techno-cult Tri-clops started was awesome.

And I really can't see how these goofs can try to say men were made to look bad in this show when Man-at-Arms was a total badass, like a one man army, and He-Man/Adam was revered as a hero. 

Spoiler

Even pointing out he was the only hero in that Valhalla like realm to choose to appear as his non-powered up form.

By the way, you guys should check out the CGI series if you haven't yet.

I thought this other series was well done.  Very fun and charming.

The jokes about Ram-Ma'am and ramming and Adam write themselves.

Skeletor was a lot of fun in this series. 

I thought the writing was good overall.  Likable characters and good character and plot development as it went along.

Edited by ben0119